Sponsored

Road rage incident

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Put on your hazards and slowly pull over and stop. Idiot will go around you probably before you've come to a stop. Close eyes and breath slowly for one minute. Then drive on, with the idiot probably now long out of sight. I have done this on numerous Sunday afternoon drives in the country when some yahoo just needs to be tucked up on my ass on a pleasant side road. I'm never in a rush, so it's no problem doing the hazard/stop routine for me.
Sponsored

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Actually I don’t. I used to have them when I was younger but at this point I don’t think I really need one. I’m not racing around like I used to. Everybody’s going 85 or 90 on the highways in California anyway.
My stepson bought me one, so I pretty much had to install it! :cool: But nowadays it is 95% false alarms, and is actually a nuisance. And it's kinda like the boy who cried wolf: due to all the false alarms, I seldom even pay attention to it, even when "real."

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Had one yesterday. Will post vids from dashcam. Just some guy in a hurry. Was slowing down for a red light and the guy was staying inches from my back bumper. When stopped, I could see him gesturing wildly with his hands. Then he decided 2" from my bumper was too far and tried for 1" and misjudged. Could barely feel it. Absolutely no damage, not even a scuff. Can only figure his bumper hit the black strip on my bumper.

I got out to look and he backed up almost hitting someone else then roared around me. Damn truck had no plate front or rear (front optional in AZ). Total PoS truck but had slogans on the tailgate, largest looked to be the word DISCRIMINATION.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It sounds like he didn't buy you one of the recommended ones. Uniden R7 and no false alarms, cost about $500 though.

My stepson bought me one, so I pretty much had to install it! :cool: But nowadays it is 95% false alarms, and is actually a nuisance. And it's kinda like the boy who cried wolf: due to all the false alarms, I seldom even pay attention to it, even when "real."

Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Had one yesterday. Will post vids from dashcam. Just some guy in a hurry. Was slowing down for a red light and the guy was staying inches from my back bumper. When stopped, I could see him gesturing wildly with his hands. Then he decided 2" from my bumper was too far and tried for 1" and misjudged. Could barely feel it. Absolutely no damage, not even a scuff. Can only figure his bumper hit the black strip on my bumper.

I got out to look and he backed up almost hitting someone else then roared around me. Damn truck had no plate front or rear (front optional in AZ). Total PoS truck but had slogans on the tailgate, largest looked to be the word DISCRIMINATION.
That sucks but luckily you have no damage. Is your dash cam 2 channel? I only have a 1 channel and I had a little incident myself this morning. Unfortunately I was the one raging....but I just drove off calmly as you can hear in this video. Lol

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Tailgating and boxing drivers in - is all very infuriating. Slow drivers in the fast lane and failure to maintain a lane is epidemic everywhere. Takes a chore like driving in traffic and makes it dangerous x100. Where I live it is complete lack of any enforcement. Police have given up on traffic laws and only show up after an accident and then only over 10g damage or injuries. The commute is like being in mad max.
Wow I guess everything I've heard about Canada is wrong eh? Now where am I supposed to go when USA descends into anarchy and civil war in a few years?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
That sucks but luckily you have no damage. Is your dash cam 2 channel? I only have a 1 channel and I had a little incident myself this morning. Unfortunately I was the one raging....but I just drove off calmly as you can hear in this video. Lol
We've all been there!

Hard brake would have been better than acceleration unless you could have moved to the left. If the chucklehead had kept coming over he might have even spun you out!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow I guess everything I've heard about Canada is wrong eh? Now where am I supposed to go when USA descends into anarchy and civil war in a few years?
Just stay away from Vancouver. I had not been there in a while when I visited a couple years back. It reminded me of Hong Kong.

The BC truck drivers are the absolute worst too.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Don't get me wrong - US has its problems as we do but usually modified due to population density x10. I travel quite a bit down the west coast (or used to pre pandemic) and can say the enforcement is better in the US but it probably has to be. In Canada we have one force per jurisdiction with no overlap but the US I see state, local and county all in the same area. As far as a bug out location get the boat/plane fuelled for Hawaii - see you there.

Sponsored

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
This whole thread is a reason to drive a crapbox instead of a nice car.

People get triggered at the sight or sound of a fast car. They automatically want to troll or toy with you. I've seen it time and time again.

It's about time for me to sell my nice cars and get an old truck (the ones that don't dent just by looking at them) and maybe an old station wagon like the ones Chevy Chase drove in the National Lampoon movies!
I've had a few people try to mess with me while driving my stang but I just ignore them and they get bored and leave me alone.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Oh, come on 😁 , Canadian commute is even more boring than curling. They've put some idiotic speed limits all over the place and police are like hawks. I have seen people trying to start a curbside fight 2 times in 10 years and it was sooo funny both times. Yes there are idiots doing stupid stuff from time to time, but really it's nothing extraordinary.

If one feels that US/Canadian driving is crazy, likely they have never experienced being behind the wheel in Asia.:giggle:

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Back in the day we used to carry an old spark plug in our jackets when riding motorcycles to deal with tailgaters. A quick toss over the shoulder usually did the trick.
Not to get on a rant, I don't tailgate and actively try not to, but to throw an object towards a vehicle behind you is not only moronic, but extremely dangerous.

I hope that you're not one of the bikers that ride in a row of 50 without a gap for safe passing, either...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to get on a rant, I don't tailgate and actively try not to, but to throw an object towards a vehicle behind you is not only moronic, but extremely dangerous.

I hope that you're not one of the bikers that ride in a row of 50 without a gap for safe passing, either...
So, tailgating a motorcycle with an automobile isn't moronic and extremely dangerous?

I hope you are not one of the car drivers that treats all motorcycle riders like they are in some biker gang and we all should be looked down upon and thought of as a bunch of hooligans splitting lanes.

Actually, you seem more like the oblivious car diver who will just claim, "I didn't see him" after running a motorcyclist over.

I've taken many advanced motorcycle safety training and riding courses where I've been taught by experts from race bike riders to active duty state police motor officers. Some were multi-day courses. I can turn figure-8's all day long inside the lines of a parking spot on a 900lb Valkyrie to dragging a knee at 100mph in a turn on a Hyabusa. I've never been ticketed while riding and I've never crashed in close to a million miles on a motorcycle.

So, basically your assumptions are 180 degrees out of phase.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

Only an @$$hole would do that. tossing a plug or anything.
First it is unsafe and not only to whomever you are having a hissy fit with, but everyone on the road behind him.
As most will swerve to miss it, without looking to see if there is a vehicle beside them. or slam on the brakes and cause a mess.
The new thing for the entitled motorbike riders (not all but many) is if they don't get their way, they knock mirrors off cars, then run away like the cowards they are.
His action of tossing a spark plug is no different than a kid tossing a rock from an overpass. both are stupid. but a person with a lic to drive a motorbike should know better.
Things like this make me sick.
Sponsored