Sponsored

RLCA Poly Bushing Steeda vs SuperPro

sleepingzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Hello, I'm wondering why SuperPro charges almost 3x the cost of Steeda for their RLCA poly bushing.

I found a couple of threads with people giving the SuperPro a lot of praise. Has anyone installed the Steeda Poly version? I don't see how there would be much difference between the two. Is the SuperPro worth the extra cost? Is it even worth upgrading the rubber bushings to Poly for the RLCA? I plan to put in the RLCA bushing and the FP M-5A460-M at the same time.

My 2015 Mustang GT PP is my DD so I'm trying to keep the NVH down. I don't want to put in Spherical bearings as I read they will need to be changed regularly. I mostly do canyon roads and plan to take the car to the track maybe 1 or 2 times a year.

SuperPro:
https://superprousa.com/products/spf4736k-superpro-lower-control-arm-inner-forward-bushing

Steeda:
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4047-mustang-rear-lower-control-arm-bushings

Current Suspension Mods:
BMR CB762
BMR CB010
BMR springs
BMR poly vertical links
Larger front rotors
Ford track Dampers
Steeda 2-Point G-Trac
Steeda Trident 19x10 wheels (Square)
Sponsored

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Well I donā€™t have any info on the poly bushings but I can speak from experience on spherical bearings. I did delrin vertical links, adjustable toe links, FP toe link bearing, steeda braces and diff bushings all at the same time and got very minimal nvh and itā€™s only when going down hill at part throttle but not under load. Itā€™s easy to live with, if the radio is on or windows down you canā€™t hear it. Then later I installed the lower control arm bearing when I did camber arms, springs, and axles and got no additional nvh. I canā€™t imagine needing to replace them often as ford used 2 per side stock.

OP
OP

sleepingzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Well I donā€™t have any info on the poly bushings but I can speak from experience on spherical bearings. I did delrin vertical links, adjustable toe links, FP toe link bearing, steeda braces and diff bushings all at the same time and got very minimal nvh and itā€™s only when going down hill at part throttle but not under load. Itā€™s easy to live with, if the radio is on or windows down you canā€™t hear it. Then later I installed the lower control arm bearing when I did camber arms, springs, and axles and got no additional nvh. I canā€™t imagine needing to replace them often as ford used 2 per side stock.
I read that the bearings can get road dirt and grime in them causing them to have a lot of NVH and wear out if used daily. How long have you had the bearing installed?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I read that the bearings can get road dirt and grime in them causing them to have a lot of NVH and wear out if used daily. How long have you had the bearing installed?
Mine lasted about 1500 miles before they went to shit and basically locked up... sounded absolutely terrible and embarrassingly loud.. put new ones on and put a dust cover on them filled with grease this time.. we'll see how it goes.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
The ford performance toe link bearings are rubber sealed, Iā€™ve had those in for almost 2 years. My lca bearings are from steeda and I just put those in this spring. They say itā€™s nickel plated and Teflon lined, they looked and felt extremely well built. Polyurethane is going to be better than rubber there if thatā€™s your choice though!

Sponsored

OP
OP

sleepingzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Mine lasted about 1500 miles before they went to shit and basically locked up... sounded absolutely terrible and embarrassingly loud.. put new ones on and put a dust cover on them filled with grease this time.. we'll see how it goes.
What bearings are you using? Steeda? BMR?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Which brand bearing?
Source for boot?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Got replacements from BMR...

and used these Dust covers
BMR premium 055 or standard 081?
I wonder if the 055 is serviceable because of the snap ring? Would save some suspension disassembly.

Those dust covers look like they would work on the toe link bearing, not the RLCA.
In hindsight, I wish I had installed rubber boots onto my Steeda bearings.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I've got 60k miles and three Pennsylvania winters on my BMR BK055 spherical LCA bearings. Technically, there is increased NVH. I can hear the tires more as they hit bumps and they were obnoxiously tight for the first 500 miles. But I'm pretty sensitive to that stuff and it still doesn't bother me. They are in good condition after 60k miles and if PA winters can't kill them (maybe Illinois or Michigan winters could) I don't think anyone should worry about their ability to hold up.
Sponsored