Sponsored

Reverse beeping noise

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does this also apply to 2016 models? Mine has gone crazy quiet since installing an aftermarket amp with Rockford Fosgate DSR1...
Worked for my 17, should be there same for you.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Does this also apply to 2016 models? Mine has gone crazy quiet since installing an aftermarket amp with Rockford Fosgate DSR1...
Same here. Have contacted Rockford Fosgate support about this, but maybe it's a Maestro thing that the routing of the channels is not correct.
Will try to disable rear speaker detection later this day as this solved a similar problem for some people in the F150 forum.
If this doesn't help i'll send the chimes to the IPC instead.

RubberyDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3
Same here. Have contacted Rockford Fosgate support about this, but maybe it's a Maestro thing that the routing of the channels is not correct.
Will try to disable rear speaker detection later this day as this solved a similar problem for some people in the F150 forum.
If this doesn't help i'll send the chimes to the IPC instead.
Please do let me know if you have any success. Iā€™ve routed through the IPC and itā€™s fine (attenuation still works too), but Iā€™d still rather have the speakers pick it up.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well, had a conversation with Dara DeGrand from Maestro. Looks like the backup chimes are mixed into the rear speakers in the ACM. That means if you don't configure rear speakers in the DSR1 you loose the backup chimes.
I've now also routed the chimes through the configuration with ForScan to the IPC.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you route the chimes through the IPC, will Sync still lower the volume of the music while the chimes are sounding, like it does when they come from the speakers?
I've no particular problem with the chimes coming from the speakers (i.e. I don't find them too loud), but it annoys me a bit that the music fades. I would like the chimes to come on top the music, not in place of the music. Will I achieve this goal if I route them through the IPC?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Morning all,

On the 2018 Mustang GT PP, the reverse beeping is L O U D.
Unless I just missed the details in the manual, I see no way to turn it down a little.

Any ideas?
Yep, LOUD AS HELL. My dealer said their is no way to adjust the loudness, either off or on. Is that what you came up with?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you route the chimes through the IPC, will Sync still lower the volume of the music while the chimes are sounding, like it does when they come from the speakers?
I've no particular problem with the chimes coming from the speakers (i.e. I don't find them too loud), but it annoys me a bit that the music fades. I would like the chimes to come on top the music, not in place of the music. Will I achieve this goal if I route them through the IPC?
Music is still muted when chimes are routed to the IPC.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Damn. :frown:
I was hoping the IPC would stop communicating with Sync altogether and would leave it alone.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Maybe we are going at this in the wrong way. When I was into stereos, their were resisters, box's which could turn down the specific frequency range going through the wires to the speakers. I guess if we found the outbound beep output signal wire we could add this to control the sign strength ?

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I never tried it, but if you got a DSR1 or Maestro AR or, in case of a B&O system the Pac-Audio AmpPro you could turn down the beeps.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I just turned it off. Go into the settings through the dash, look for driver assist and uncheck "rear park aid". Every other car I've owned didn't beep when I got close to something so I don't need this one to beep either.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I just turned it off. Go into the settings through the dash, look for driver assist and uncheck "rear park aid". Every other car I've owned didn't beep when I got close to something so I don't need this one to beep either.
It definitely Beeps LOUD!!. Doesn't The Rear Cross Traffic Avoidance work on that system?.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
It definitely Beeps LOUD!!. Doesn't The Rear Cross Traffic Avoidance work on that system?.
There's a bunch of settings inside the drivers assist menu. Each one can be turned on/off independently. I believe cross traffic is one of them.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I tried to use the FORScan setting to route the parking sensor beeps through the IPC.
But something really peculiar has happened.

We know that from time to time, when for some reason the IPC cannot communicate with the audio system, the beeps will come from the IPC. Whenever this happens, they are noticeably softer and a bit lower in volume.
Well, after having made the configuration change, the beeps now come indeed from the IPC. But they're incredibly loud and harsh! :shock:
It's much worse than before. Much worse than when they sounded normally through the speakers.

How come? How come they sound nice and soft when they go through the IPC of their own accord, but not when I want them to? šŸ˜•
Could it be that the soft beeps that we occasionally hear from the front aren't actually coming from the IPC, but from the central speaker?
Sponsored

Last edited: