Sponsored

Reverse beeping noise

Deleted member 35644

Mine's VERY loud, and emanates from somewhere in the back seat, every day since I bought it, EXCEPT for one day 2 weeks ago, while backing into my parking space at work, it softly beeped through the dash speakers. It returned to the loud, obnoxious beep at lunch. I wish I could turn it down without turning it off.
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I've had the same experience. Only once or twice it came from the front and was much quieter. I think I remember reading here that it may do that if the driver's door is open when you start the car.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
You can use forscan to set the sound to come out of the instrument cluster instead of the rear speakers.

These car will occasionally use the instrument cluster which is why every so often it's not as loud.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Do you know the forscan code?

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I'd love to turn off the driver assist back-up sensor (I do most of the time manually), but I'd love it to STAY turned off. Annoying as hell.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I bet if something is in front of you it comes out f the front speakers. Am I right?

Deleted member 35644

It was warning me of the concrete pillar at my right rear corner as I backed into my parking space, as it does every morning. It just decided to come out at the dashboard one day, and then returned to it's normal, obnoxious self later that day.

Mrmarkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone figured this one out? It is incredibly loud inside, let alone outside.. I noted that when Nav is speaking and you turn the volume down it says “prompt volume”, unlike “audio volume”. I thought maybe turning the volume knob down when the reverse beep was blaring, but no luck.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I haven't yet. I've unfortunately adapted. I also have something new to complain when I start my car: the Thinkware camera boot-up messages (that go on and on and on and on....).

If I really don't want to hear it I have to turn it off manually in the menu system, but of course it comes right back on the next time I start the car.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think this will help it as @michail71 said:
Sound Location for Vehicle Chimes:
720-01-01 xxxx xxx4 xxxx (Forwarded to ACM / Vehicle Speakers - Default)
720-01-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx (IPC Internal Speaker Only)
It was especially annoying for me as I added amplifiers to my car and when a chime would happen, it'd be much louder due to that. Use the second line above for the change you need to make in Forscan. Everything will then come through the integrated speaker in your gauge cluster area which is much more tolerable!

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I'd love to turn off the driver assist back-up sensor (I do most of the time manually), but I'd love it to STAY turned off. Annoying as hell.
On my car you can turn it off in the settings.

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Still 'loud' and I have simply gotten used to the sound level. Albeit, still annoying...

Mrmarkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine was suddenly really quiet and only a low beep from front speaker when backing up, usually it’s loud and from the back. Only difference I could figure out was that I didn’t have my phone connected. However when connected phone, it still was much quieter.

I tried turning car on off with and without phone, and a variety of combinations, but cannot seem to recreate it.

RubberyDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3
I think this will help it as @michail71 said:

It was especially annoying for me as I added amplifiers to my car and when a chime would happen, it'd be much louder due to that. Use the second line above for the change you need to make in Forscan. Everything will then come through the integrated speaker in your gauge cluster area which is much more tolerable!
Does this also apply to 2016 models? Mine has gone crazy quiet since installing an aftermarket amp with Rockford Fosgate DSR1...