Resonator Delete Regrets?

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
New member… just brought my 2020 GT350 home yesterday (after a 1200 mile drive from Denver). Have been lurking for sometime. See all sorts of talk about uncorking the ‘regular’ GT350 exhaust by cutting out the resonators. Curious to hear if there is anyone that went down this path and now regrets it. Would much rather this be a more ‘reversible’ mod as the cutting and welding aspect has me a bit apprehensive about ‘what happens if I regret doing it’!
Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Only regret is not doing it on day one. Love the sound.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
New member… just brought my 2020 GT350 home yesterday (after a 1200 mile drive from Denver). Have been lurking for sometime. See all sorts of talk about uncorking the ‘regular’ GT350 exhaust by cutting out the resonators. Curious to hear if there is anyone that went down this path and now regrets it. Would much rather this be a more ‘reversible’ mod as the cutting and welding aspect has me a bit apprehensive about ‘what happens if I regret doing it’!
First of all, congrats on the purchase!

I went with the corsa double helix, and I haven’t regretted it for a second. In quiet mode, you don’t hear any difference whatsoever… it’s still quiet
. In loud mode the exhaust is mayyyybe a touch louder, but not much. The overall tone in loud mode changes slightly, for the better. The big difference for me was hearing more of the satisfying crackels and pops that I had come to enjoy, particularly when decelerating and having the slightest amount of pressure still on the throttle. Do it… you won’t regret it!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
At the local racing venues, the stock GT350 is sometimes violating sound limits. My GT came with a resonator delete and I put back on stock exhaust for the same reason. The resonator delete exhaust actually hurt my ears a little bit.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
which aspect are you most concerned about? value of the vehicle down the road for not having the original exhaust? or just not liking the sound? if the latter, I would think it's kind of a non-issue, as you can always put the resonator back in. even if you have to have a shop weld it back in, not the end of the world by any means. if you're thinking value of the car, maybe swap the entire catback, keep it, and go with an aftermarket cat back, so if you end up not liking it or wanting to return to OEM down the road you can.

I only bring up the value part because I just have a lowly GT :cwl: not a Shelby, so the value down the road isnt a concern to me. that, and i like to drive and modify my cars to my taste anyways. I am not sure if you would have a different opinion on that given that yours is a shelby.

I was hesitant about getting a cat back for mine or just an axle back and having the catback without resonator too loud. i did axle back first, and loved the sound, but wanted more. so now here i am with the axle back and an x-pipe and love it! as far as i know, mine is on the louder side with the roush mufflers. compared to my buddy's 2021 with catless LTs, x pipe, and stock cat back, however, it is not that loud. his just blew my mind the first cold start.

either way, congrats on the new ride!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Nope, went with Birla Switch fire and the sound is great

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Congratulations on the purchase a your 2020 Shelby GT350 as that is outstanding!

From a personal standpoint I absolutely love the outstanding aural driving experience of having a GT350/R without resonators (especially between 5000 RPM and 8250 RPM) and believe that you will also be very impressed with the improved sound of your GT350 especially when driving in Sport Mode.

When driving my 2015 GT350 and 2018 GT350R back to back in Sport Mode it is like day and night and hope that if you go forward with this initiative that you will have the same opinion as myself and most all others!

Good luck going forward and how about some pictures of your new 2020 GT350!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Iconic Silver with Recaro seats and CF dash therefore how good is that!! :clap:

OP
OP
SchnellGT350

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Iconic Silver with Recaro seats and CF dash therefore how good is that!! :clap:
It took some time to find the right combo for sure. The seats and carbon do make the interior and we’re super comfortable throughout the road trip.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
The active sound whatever thingy that plays through the speakers drastically cuts cabin noise down, resonators or not, so inside the car it will never be insanely loud. Do you like the sound of the R better than the sound of the non-R? That's the only real difference it will make.

The only potential downside as I see it is that it plays quite loud outside when the exhaust is in screaming mode - an R sounds pretty much like a straight piped car at anything more than half throttle.

The R is almost certainly the best sounding car I've ever heard, and I wanted that. Especially when on-track. My choice was the LTH as it seems to me that it would most closely replicate the R sound (it's the same diameter pipe as the R):
https://www.steeda.com/lth-fdrd00002t-s550-resonator-delete

Quiet mode will still be very quiet without resonators. And if you want to be able to get on the throttle around town without drawing attention, the AWE Switchpath is fantastic and will give you full control over the valves.
Sponsored