UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Mmm wonder why the decrease?

Extra noise inducines heavy foot pressure?

Yep I used to work for one of the larger aftermarket exhaust companies for about 12 years.......tons of tech calls complaining about loss in MPG- but when the techs would talk to them most would come to realize it was self created by wanting to hear the rumble lol
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yep I used to work for one of the larger aftermarket exhaust companies for about 12 years.......tons of tech calls complaining about loss in MPG- but when the techs would talk to them most would come to realize it was self created by wanting to hear the rumble lol
Don't even get me started on "fuel economy." One person's term is another person's something else. It's how you end up on forums with guys making wild claims about what MPG they're getting (or aren't getting) when you find out virtually none of them are actually taking volumetric measurements and doing the calculations, they're just going off what the ECU reports to them.

Then there's the variable of 55 mph vs 75 mph, city driving vs. highway cruise control, etc.

The bottom line is very VERY few vehicle owners know the true economy of their car (as a comparative against the EPA published values).

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Don't even get me started on "fuel economy." One person's term is another person's something else. It's how you end up on forums with guys making wild claims about what MPG they're getting (or aren't getting) when you find out virtually none of them are actually taking volumetric measurements and doing the calculations, they're just going off what the ECU reports to them.

Then there's the variable of 55 mph vs 75 mph, city driving vs. highway cruise control, etc.

The bottom line is very VERY few vehicle owners know the true economy of their car (as a comparative against the EPA published values).
Yep with you 100% as someone who tows a large travel trailer with my f250 6.7 ....it's amazing what even 5 or 6 mph difference in cruising speed does to mpg.... and yes the Guage showing mpg not always accurate

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Or care .....

Sponsored

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
7CC75C38-F8CD-4090-A448-CCA8D63959F9.png
:giggle:

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
I know we've taken this way off topic but I really don't care what the stereo sounds like or what fuel mileage I'm getting. :like:
Man this car is fun.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Thanks to all the members for your feedback. I definitely plan on completing the resonator delete mod. I have already purchased the 3 in. replacement X pipe. But I agree that Ford Performance has left me with a less than confident feeling in their ability to give valid advice when called on to do so. Directing me to search in different Mustang forums for answers to questions they were established to answer, (ie; Tech Help Line) is not the way to build trust in their competence. It is a good feeling to have other GT350 owners supporting each other. Thanks again, Morphy.
Give us a call with any tech questions you may have about modding your car. We would be glad to help you here at www.lethalperformance.com. 1.877.253.8425

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I once had a guy at a gas station ask me what gas mileage my mustang got. I told him I don't want to know. It's not why I bought the car.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Kind of funny how some “don’t care” what their fuel mileage is. Do you ever take trips out of town? Do you live or drive in areas where fuel stations are far and few between? I guess not if you’re not worried about it.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Kind of funny how some “don’t care” what their fuel mileage is. Do you ever take trips out of town? Do you live or drive in areas where fuel stations are far and few between? I guess not if you’re not worried about it.
I have a Toyota Tacoma that I mostly daily drive, except for very nice days. I will take the pony's on short trips 4-6 hours out. Over that and my wife has a Dodge Pacifica that rides real nice. On a 4-6 hour trip, it is a fill up there and a fill up back. Nope your right, I always use premium gas and I really don't care what the gas mileage is. 0-60 in the Mustangs is more my concern.
Sponsored