Replacing OEM battery?

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Just be careful of some brands other than Motorcraft that say they are, "will fit".....which is a battery catch phrase that they are close to the dimensions of the original battery....but may not be an exact fit as the original was. Also, the more cold cranking amps you can get, the better.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just be careful of some brands other than Motorcraft that say they are, "will fit".....which is a battery catch phrase that they are close to the dimensions of the original battery....but may not be an exact fit as the original was. Also, the more cold cranking amps you can get, the better.

Pretty much a ruler never lies, you walk into auto zombie clueless and ask some counter geek what you need without knowing.

Yes, you can walk out with the wrong part, "Motorcraft" does not have a great repetition.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AntiGravity. If I hadnā€™t gone this route, I would have most likely looked into Odessy as a second.

E3F1B483-6484-4FD8-86A1-BB85DD054546.jpeg
Nice, clean install! Can you tell me which battery model and what other accessories are needed for the switch? Thanks!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
To those who have installed Antigravity batteries, how do you keep the battery from coming out when you open the hood? Iā€™d understand youā€™d have to close the hood quickly.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
To those who have installed Antigravity batteries, how do you keep the battery from coming out when you open the hood? Iā€™d understand youā€™d have to close the hood quickly.
I f$&@ā€˜n aalllmmmoossstt bit off on that one, Hahahhaha! You didnā€™t do ā€œLOLā€ at the end, ;)

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nice, clean install! Can you tell me which battery model and what other accessories are needed for the switch? Thanks!
Itā€™s the AntiGravity ATX 20. I forgot the name the mount you see here, but Iā€™ll find the link for ya (itā€™s in another battery thread too; same topic).

Only thing needed for the small battery install is the battery, Your favorite mounting solution, and the teminal adaptors (easily available right from Antigravity). No cheesy mods needed, all bolt in.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s the AntiGravity ATX 20. I forgot the name the mount you see here, but Iā€™ll find the link for ya (itā€™s in another battery thread too; same topic).

Only thing needed for the small battery install is the battery, Your favorite mounting solution, and the teminal adaptors (easily available right from Antigravity). No cheesy mods needed, all bolt in.
Thank you for digging up the mount link. I'll search the forum threads also.

OP
OP

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
If I was looking to improve lap times, I doubt the weight savings from a light weight battery would make much of a difference. Probably a stock appearing but stronger battery in my cars future.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Question on the AG batteries: I understand you can't jump start them normally, is that correct? What's the option if you end up with a dead AG battery?

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I went with a 2 year warranty 96R battery with near double the cranking amps of the stock battery but and only weighing a few pounds more (and half the price).

Sponsored

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
The OEM battery has been working for six years? I'd go with that one!

OP
OP

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
It's a 6 year old battery with 2800 miles on it. It's never been below 50 degrees and has had a tender on it the whole time.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

19fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 mustang
Pretty much a ruler never lies, you walk into auto zombie clueless and ask some counter geek what you need without knowing.

Yes, you can walk out with the wrong part, "Motorcraft" does not have a great repetition.
So itā€™s not just the auto zummmies employees at California itā€™s straight across the country ?they hire complete idiots.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
75% of ALL batteries are made by Johnson Controls including Motorcraft. So the Wal-Mart battery maybe a Motorcraft. Then the rest are made by East Penn (Deka) and Exide. Ever wonder why wall batteries are just a case with a sticker on them now?
Sponsored