Sponsored

OEM Battery AGM? Correct Battery Tender Mode?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have 6 modern vehicles and I manage a collection of 23 other than my own. My 350 is the only car I’ve had the battery go dead on after 12 days of inactivity. Maybe it’s the stupid exhaust valves cycling at random :)

I will say this my car 2020, had factory AE. Now replaced with axle backs, cause it got real old resetting the exhaust mode. Every time the car was started.

I can report there in no difference in the time span. That goes by, before the car goes into deep sleep . Never counted the days, finding about the deep sleep, and the cause. The next logical move was to hang a trickle charger on it.

My collection consists of a 34 & 32 Ford. HotRods in every sense of the word, not some full bodied car with a V8.
20 years now & have used trickle chargers the whole way.
Cars are made for everyday usage, that also helps and maintains a healthy battery and charging system.

When in storage and lacking the driving frequency, needs to be supplemented .

If the battery is going dead, dead, most likely you could have a problem.

For instance if the battery storage capacity is 100amp. And the car had a 1 amp constant draw.

It will take 100 hours to go dead = ruffly 4 days
Sponsored

Reactions: jin

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have 6 modern vehicles and I manage a collection of 23 other than my own. My 350 is the only car I’ve had the battery go dead on after 12 days of inactivity. Maybe it’s the stupid exhaust valves cycling at random :)
More likely the undercapacity battery they use in these cars to save weight.