Sponsored

Replacement line for clutch master reservoir line leak!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
zip ties are mans best friend. ;)
They ARE!!!!! I can not count the ways I have used zip ties to mend things. Have even used them for plastic welding.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah im going to leave mine alone when someones comes off let me know. For all I know a zip tie might make it too tight and the hose rips.

Sponsored

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
Thank you! I checked and needed to push mine up (still attached no leaks). slid back on very easily will be adding a ziptie.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mine had to be pushed back in some and there was fluid on my fingers when I was done.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Yikes!

Just checked mine, looks like it was hanging on for dear life. Pushed it back on gently and now cannot pull it back, maybe it was never engaged fully? Time will tell if the Voodoo will vibrate it loose. No sign of fluid leak though.

Cannot see how a zip tie or hose clamp will fix this, the end of the hose attached the the plastic master cylinder is plastic itself, 90% sure a hose clamp will break the end, be careful if you attempt. I say check periodically and let it be other than pushing it back on. If you break it with a hose clamp it will be on your dime to fix, Ford will say you caused it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Somebody mentioned that a new car on the lot was different. We need a pic maybe Ford fixed it and just keeping quiet anybody have access to the TSB's. If that the case we can all get the update. Had one like that on my F350 front swaybar the draglink bushings were falling apart. Had TSB number told the dealer I had the clunking symptom and they replaced the swaybar with new style.
'

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Somebody mentioned that a new car on the lot was different. We need a pic maybe Ford fixed it and just keeping quiet anybody have access to the TSB's. If that the case we can all get the update. Had one like that on my F350 front swaybar the draglink bushings were falling apart. Had TSB number told the dealer I had the clunking symptom and they replaced the swaybar with new style.
'

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine was a 1/2" away from the canister. Plastic zip tie should be the easy fix.
IMG_0724.JPG

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
So this is mine. View from the top. It was tough to take a clear pic from the side but it looked like the opening of the line was already oblong. It slid easily up then back to this position. I definitely had weeping evidenced from fluid on my fingers from the underside. I'd recommend touching the underside to see how yours feels to you

I did not try to slide it away from the master cylinder but I can assure you mine did not have any sealant that is gluing it in place. It was lubricated very wellI'm gonna call my parts guy tomorrow to see if he has any info.

The line is a hard plastic. I wonder how effective a zip tie around it is gonna be?
IMG_1118.JPG

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Mine was a 1/2" away from the canister. Plastic zip tie should be the easy fix.
Hey [MENTION=30248]AirBusPilot[/MENTION],

Did you feel the line compress when you put the zip tie on?
Sponsored