Sponsored

Replacement line for clutch master reservoir line leak!

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
So we can expect a recall?
I do not know. What I did after reading the threads on our clutch master reservoir line issue/leak is take it in and personally show Bruce/Master Tech at Jerry's Ford in Leesburg what we all were seeing. That was when it was in for the wheel replacement under warranty late Sept-early Oct. When I picked it up Susan/Service Adviser said Bruce had decided to order replacement parts to fix the clutch reservoir line issue but they were on national backorder soit would be a few weeks. Worked out well because my 1st scheduled maint was due Nov10th and the parts had just arrived.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
can you take a pic so we can see the new setup?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
a few facts I would like to add.

as of today, there is no updated part part number, it is the original unchanged part number that was replaced. The part number stated earlier is the correct one for GT350 and the part number is diffrent for other mustang models.

as of today, there is no TSB,SSM,or GSB related to this

as of today, there are currently 15 of these in stock in detroit. It is not on backorder, but depending on your location it may take a few days to come in.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
So are you saying then basically they just needed to change the hose out and every thing else is just the same as we already have. And there isn't actually a replacement hose that is longer. If so back to putting the small zip tie around where it goes onto reservoir like some of us have and be done with it.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so we need a pic .... maybe the hose is the same too.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
a few facts I would like to add.

as of today, there is no updated part part number, it is the original unchanged part number that was replaced. The part number stated earlier is the correct one for GT350 and the part number is diffrent for other mustang models.

as of today, there is no TSB,SSM,or GSB related to this

as of today, there are currently 15 of these in stock in detroit. It is not on backorder, but depending on your location it may take a few days to come in.
Thanks for the additional information. I think my assumption of the matter is correct. The tech verified the seep/leak and ordered the corresponding parts. The hose itself is included with the NHA and not available for order individually. Hence why the entire assembly was replaced.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pic pic pic

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I think thats what happened to Zitrosounds and I'll bet its the same hose we have now and not longer and all the other parts are the same. If so the simple fix would have been to just take the hose off. clean it and put glue on where it pushes on on both ends and put it back on, bleed the air out of line if necessary and go on your way. As I said mine was backed off the reservoir a little. Simply pushed it back on, put a small zip tie around where connected to the reservoir and another zip tie as I saw in a picture on forum just about half way down the hose and moved it just a little over for better alignment with reservoir and mine hasn't budged a bit.
Sponsored