Sponsored

Replacement line for clutch master reservoir line leak!

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Master tech at my local dealer replaced my master clutch reservoir line assembly when it was in for 1st regular maintenance service last week. Bumping this thread for the new members that may not have seen it.

Also, for those that have been around I believe this has gotten enough press to make it into Ford's TSB database because the part was on national backorder...took a few weeks to arrive.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
PLEASE see if you can find the part nos or the TSB. I'm sure without that my dealer will claim no knowledge of it.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PLEASE see if you can find the part nos or the TSB. I'm sure without that my dealer will claim no knowledge of it.
Absolutely...here is that section and part numbers on my service invoice:

"INSTALL SPECIAL ORDER CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER
Correct by Manual Transmission Cylinder Assembly -
Clutch Master - Remove and Install or Replace

Installed FR3Z 7A543 E: MASTER CYLINDER ASY
Installed PM 20: FLUID - BRAKE
Installed 3M5Z 2L523 AA: BUSH

VISUAL INSPECTION AND CONCERN VERIFICATION, REPLACED CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER, FOUND LEAKING AROUND HOSE FOR RESERVOIR. NECESSARY TO REMOVE BRAKE AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY, BLEED CLUTCH FLUID AFTER REPAIR"

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Does this mean there is a TSB and Ford will change out the master cyl assembly (like a recall)?

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES, This a big deal a new master cylinder on our funky clutch's! This is NOT JUST A NEW LINE, IT IS A NEW MASTER CYLINDER FOR ALL GT350'S MAYBE ALL MUSTANGS! I say this is the reason for 2018 product hold. As big or bigger than oil cooler hose recall.

So does clutch feel any better? Would love to compare old and new. I've got spare old unit if anybody got pick of the new one.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
YES, This a big deal a new master cylinder on our funky clutch's! This is NOT JUST A NEW LINE, IT IS A NEW MASTER CYLINDER FOR ALL GT350'S MAYBE ALL MUSTANGS! I say this is the reason for 2018 product hold. As big or bigger than oil cooler hose recall.

So does clutch feel any better? Would love to compare old and new. I've got spare old unit if anybody got pick of the new one.
I just got off the phone w Ford Customer Care, through the Ford Owner site, they had no info on this...I hope they’re wrong ...

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R

VISUAL INSPECTION AND CONCERN VERIFICATION, REPLACED CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER, FOUND LEAKING AROUND HOSE FOR RESERVOIR. NECESSARY TO REMOVE BRAKE AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY, BLEED CLUTCH FLUID AFTER REPAIR"
So we can expect a recall?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
a TSB is not a recall. Let us know when you actually have a .pdf of the TSB. There is to much missing information on what you have provided.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess not a recall because no safety hazard like oil lines. However for some good reason other than the short hose they are replacing the master cylinder. Also the new part is on national back order which to me means it probably a TSB.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
a TSB is not a recall. Let us know when you actually have a .pdf of the TSB. There is to much missing information on what you have provided.
Ok, would this be covered under warranty?

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Ok, would this be covered under warranty?
TSB's are pretty specific and some require an inspection to see if it applies to the vehicle. Short answer,yes!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

Some parts are not available for purchase and require the next higher assembly to be ordered. By reading your post it sounds as if that is what they did to rectify the verified concern.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will ask the service adviser to see if there is a TSB. I transcribed almost the entire section (minus the tech's name). The work was absolutely done under warranty....but I might just be the godfather of warranties as I bought them all :D

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this mean there is a TSB and Ford will change out the master cyl assembly (like a recall)?
I will inquire specifically as to whether Bruce (master tech) found a TSB or went off of his own research of the issue to determine his approach.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I guess better is relative...feels about the same to me as it did before...which still sucks compared to the clutch in my Focus ST. But I have never hated the clutch in the R...it is just too narrow of a release window for my taste. I have much better control over the ST in general but especially at take-off....has just the right amount of play.
Sponsored