Sponsored

Replacement line for clutch master reservoir line leak!

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup mine was just like that first picture on my 2017. I pushed it all the way on and will keep a check on it. You all might want to check yours!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Thanks [MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION]. Yet another item to check on a regular basis...
+1 on both.

Mine wasn't weeping/leaking, but as others were, mine was loose as well and I needed to push it on all the way.

It is getting to the point where we need a flowchart or airplane like pre flight checklist for these cars.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
bump

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I really appreciate the heads-up on this. I was cleaning my car today saw this thread took a look at the line and it was about dangling off of the brake master. That is a freaking disaster waiting to happen. I pushed mine back on. Going to keep a close eye on it. Thanks again.

For reference I'm driving a 2017 GT350 made in June of last year

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hmm, a manufacturing defect if i ever saw one.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yup mine was just like that first picture on my 2017. I pushed it all the way on and will keep a check on it. You all might want to check yours!
Same here, I checked it and it was almost off. I pushed it back up about a 1/4 inch.

It is amazing to me how many things on these cars we have to keep an eye on. One of the reasons I sold my 1970 Cuda was to get away with having to check things to make sure there were no reliability issues and I almost feel like I am right back there with this car with checking the oil, the coolant, the clutch hose, side vent being loose, etc. :frusty:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Mine is not leaking nor loose. However with heat an age it could start to leak. If you want more of a permanent solution you could use a little hose clamp or zip tie to secure it in place. I have done this in the past to new and older cars. Pretty common.

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine is not leaking nor loose. However with heat an age it could start to leak. If you want more of a permanent solution you could use a little hose clamp or zip tie to secure it in place. I have done this in the past to new and older cars. Pretty common.
Like the thread says, it's because the line is too short. I just checked mine and I can move it all the way up, but because some of the fluid leaked out, it's basically lubricated and can slide around now. When I push mine all the way on, the tension from the line being so short actually pulls it back a little. I think I'm going to buy a hose clamp for this thing like you mentioned. I can't see how this thing will stay on here for much longer. I'm shocked it hasn't come off already.

Sponsored

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Same here, I checked it and it was almost off. I pushed it back up about a 1/4 inch.

It is amazing to me how many things on these cars we have to keep an eye on. One of the reasons I sold my 1970 Cuda was to get away with having to check things to make sure there were no reliability issues and I almost feel like I am right back there with this car with checking the oil, the coolant, the clutch hose, side vent being loose, etc. :frusty:
The coolant too? Oh great, I must have missed that one. I was muttering to myself on the way to the garage to check this clutch hose that I'm going to have to start going through a pre-flight checklist before I drive the car now. I'm still only 5% confident in the oil filter remaining tight over the course of the next few thousand miles given the fiasco that was my first oil change. Getting a bit frustrated here.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The coolant too? Oh great, I must have missed that one. I was muttering to myself on the way to the garage to check this clutch hose that I'm going to have to start going through a pre-flight checklist before I drive the car now. I'm still only 5% confident in the oil filter remaining tight over the course of the next few thousand miles given the fiasco that was my first oil change. Getting a bit frustrated here.
Yeah, I recently saw a thread on coolant level either on this board or another one. I don't remember the details but just like this warning I went out and checked. Thank goodness the level was fine.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Like the thread says, it's because the line is too short. I just checked mine and I can move it all the way up, but because some of the fluid leaked out, it's basically lubricated and can slide around now. When I push mine all the way on, the tension from the line being so short actually pulls it back a little. I think I'm going to buy a hose clamp for this thing like you mentioned. I can't see how this thing will stay on here for much longer. I'm shocked it hasn't come off already.
UH!!! who said the hose is to short??? This type of connection is common and a common issue across many brands new or old. Not a big deal.

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
UH!!! who said the hose is to short??? This type of connection is common and a common issue across many brands new or old. Not a big deal.
The other thread, not you.

Mine doesn't have a clip, it's just sitting there with surface tension. Odd.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really bad? I've seen some 2015's and probably all have the same problem but none of them actually fell off. Leak may be rare. I'll need to look at mine.
Sponsored