Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Three weeks and still no new motor? I’d call Ford Customer Care then open a case and tell them to put a new motor in, or buy it back or give me a new car. Most states have a lemon law that can be invoked for sitting that long.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Three weeks and still no new motor? I’d call Ford Customer Care then open a case and tell them to put a new motor in, or buy it back or give me a new car. Most states have a lemon law that can be invoked for sitting that long.
Trust me, I've tried both. I've got 3 opened cases with Ford Customer Care, 2 of them closed and the last one being the latest from this issue. They won't buy the car back as it doesn't meet lemon law requirements (all my major, repetitive issues started after exceeding lemon law mileages). Got denied twice for buyback and in the process of consulting lawyers. I've got 65k miles and most of my issues started around 18k miles. Trans was replaced at 26k sitting at the dealership for 33 days.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I’d get in touch with your state consumer affairs department and have them help you out. Even if you have exceeded the mileage they may be able to help you.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Gotcha. I live in Lawrenceville and my car is at Ford Mall of Georgia, but I was actually near the airport going i-75 south. Broke down right by the Cleveland Avenue exit. They haven't given me an update on when I'll get the car back just yet. They just told me yesterday about what happened and that Ford will be sending someone in to physically inspect the engine. Told me it's "usually within 72 hours." It sounds like some other people have gotten their new engines in and replaced within a week's time, but I doubt that'll be the case for me.

I had the dealership in New Orleans pay a car note for me during my troubles, and going to fight for the same thing at this dealership, especially since I'm having to pay out of pocket for a rental car (week 3 now) and my car note (and can't drive the car). This is seriously getting way out of hand.
Don’t understand what the holdup is. I see people get motors replaced in ten days, they had my car over two weeks just t to change the Pcv valve and now it’s burning more oil than ever. A quart every fill up. Gonna take it in today hopefully for the last time but I’m sure they will find a way to drag this shit on forever.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Don’t understand what the holdup is. I see people get motors replaced in ten days, they had my car over two weeks just t to change the Pcv valve and now it’s burning more oil than ever. A quart every fill up. Gonna take it in today hopefully for the last time but I’m sure they will find a way to drag this shit on forever.
Yep. Ridiculous. Saw someone else here mention that one of the dealerships here was full of BS, so I hope it's not the one mine is at. Hoping things go well for you man. My car is getting traded in the minute I get the keys. This is the last straw.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What part of Atlanta are you in? Mine just got towed to the dealership on the 14th (17 days ago) and it's needing a new motor as well. I've already gone through a transmission at 26k miles (issues started around 18k) and now a new motor at 65k.

According to the dealership, they mentioned that the rod bearings got locked up and it also fried the starter. Here's what happened before mine suddenly died on me:

Sucks to hear you are having issues with that high of mileage on the motor. Do you have an extended warranty? Also, aren't you modded with a tune? If so, I would assume they would deny the warranty claim.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sucks to hear you are having issues with that high of mileage on the motor. Do you have an extended warranty? Also, aren't you modded with a tune? If so, I would assume they would deny the warranty claim.
Yeah Ford offered a complimentary warranty when they replaced the transmission (they approved this while I had a tune). The tune doesn't matter unless it contributes to the issue. I've had 10 failed warranty parts that had nothing to do with the tune and they were all covered. Considering the amount of other GT350 owners with this exact same issue, I'm leaning towards this being covered as well.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah Ford offered a complimentary warranty when they replaced the transmission (they approved this while I had a tune). The tune doesn't matter unless it contributes to the issue. I've had 10 failed warranty parts that had nothing to do with the tune and they were all covered. Considering the amount of other GT350 owners with this exact same issue, I'm leaning towards this being covered as well.
Thats good to hear. I'm heavily considering doing an E85 tune but the possibility of voiding the warranty on the motor has kept me from doing it so far.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Thats good to hear. I'm heavily considering doing an E85 tune but the possibility of voiding the warranty on the motor has kept me from doing it so far.
I was planning on going boost if I'd ever gotten 5k miles on my car without any issues. Since getting the car with 8 miles, I've never been able to meet that goal just yet. Glad I didn't blow the money on it, lol.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yep. Ridiculous. Saw someone else here mention that one of the dealerships here was full of BS, so I hope it's not the one mine is at. Hoping things go well for you man. My car is getting traded in the minute I get the keys. This is the last straw.
It was probably me with the whole “it’s only a half a quart down” after 325 miles when it was actually around 2.5. Apparently a tech that’s been doing it for 17 years knows better than me how to read a dipstick and will be the same idiot changing my motor.

If I didn’t love the beast so much I’d trade it in for an M2 tomorrow.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It was probably me with the whole “it’s only a half a quart down” after 325 miles when it was actually around 2.5. Apparently a tech that’s been doing it for 17 years knows better than me how to read a dipstick and will be the same idiot changing my motor.

If I didn’t love the beast so much I’d trade it in for an M2 tomorrow.
Yup!! Lol. Did it happen to be at... Ford Mall of Georgia?

I can definitely understand that man. My car has been towed 4 times in addition to the issues I've had and I still haven't given up until this very last situation. I've had 5 alternators, a new trans, new clutch, new PCM, 2 failed AC compressors, and now possibly this. Many of those issues required multiple dealership visits, especially the transmission. Took them months of me bringing it back for them to diagnose it, until 5th gear just eventually gave out. It's really tough to get rid of the car when I traded in my '15 boosted GT vert for it and thought it was the perfect car for me. This last situation has been a nightmare though between the out-of-pocket costs on top of the note, downtime waiting on tow, etc. Not sure I can deal with this yet again :(. I love the car more than anything else on the streets, but no longer trust it to remain reliable.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yup!! Lol. Did it happen to be at... Ford Mall of Georgia?

I can definitely understand that man. My car has been towed 4 times in addition to the issues I've had and I still haven't given up until this very last situation. I've had 5 alternators, a new trans, new clutch, new PCM, 2 failed AC compressors, and now possibly this. Many of those issues required multiple dealership visits, especially the transmission. Took them months of me bringing it back for them to diagnose it, until 5th gear just eventually gave out. It's really tough to get rid of the car when I traded in my '15 boosted GT vert for it and thought it was the perfect car for me. This last situation has been a nightmare though between the out-of-pocket costs on top of the note, downtime waiting on tow, etc. Not sure I can deal with this yet again :(. I love the car more than anything else on the streets, but no longer trust it to remain reliable.
Hennessy on Peachtree industrial. If there are problems with the new motor, I’m going M2 or used GTR

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The replacement 19 R motors seem to be doing well. Mine is great and it’s got over 10k miles on it and uses little oil.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The replacement 19 R motors seem to be doing well. Mine is great and it’s got over 10k miles on it and uses little oil.
I fucking hope so. This is the first out of 11 cars I actually want to keep long term.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I suggest you also get the updated rear cylinder block plate put in, so you don’t get the metal trash bag sound. It’s only 40 dollars for the part and if the engine is out, it’s a no brainer to have it put in.