Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Fact is - this information is always slanted. Impossible to have a control group when the most vocal participants are the ones that have had a bad experience.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Has the engine part number changed since it's introduction?

I know in the Mopar world, part numbers go from AA to AB, AC, etc when something changes be it a formulation, machining change, engineering, etc.

Not sure how the Ford nomenclature works.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Has the engine part number changed since it's introduction?

I know in the Mopar world, part numbers go from AA to AB, AC, etc when something changes be it a formulation, machining change, engineering, etc.

Not sure how the Ford nomenclature works.

Ford's is similar, but they also have a prefix that changes based on model year. The suffix -AA, -AB, etc. is only for in-year model changes. It isn't religiously followed though, lol.

So in theory, if there were any changes to the engine from the 2015 engine (prefix base starts with FXXX-), then by 2019 it'd be a JXXX- as they skip I. A 2018 engine would be HXXX-.

windnsea00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I had a '16 w/ 3K miles pop on me. Took some arm wrestling to get Ford to buy it back and get me a '17. had I waited 6-7 months to get the '17 as my '16 popped in August. After the '16 popped on me I never had confidence that the '17 wouldn't do the same. In addition to this the fit/finish wasn't so good on either car. Rattles, thin and flawed paint, saggy rear bumper etc so I sold it. Performance was great but I just wasn't satisfied with the rest of the car. Ford makes great trucks and I have zero complaints about my Raptor but these new S550's are made pretty cheaply. So back to Porsche I go ordering my 5th 911.
Was literally thinking about this morning, while Porsche may not be perfect they are built damn well, better than most other cars I have encountered.

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
Was literally thinking about this morning, while Porsche may not be perfect they are built damn well, better than most other cars I have encountered.

Agreed...the P handles so well most other use it as a benchmark. Accept the sound of the flat 6 is dull and boring. That's why I got the AMG GTS

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm encountering similar quality/fit/finish issues with mine too. Went to the dealership body shop this morning to get the saggy rear bumper issue addressed. This is the 3rd thing to go wrong in 7000miles with the Snek. the other 2 were the white stripes bubbling up and the GT350 logo peeling off.

The bad cop in my head says..."hey buddy...remember how much of a tank your 5th Gen Camaro 1LE was? how you just drove the hell out of her and her response was 'that's all you got?' and the only thing that needed to be done to her was new tires and brakes when they wore out? I remember..."

I digress....but i don't have Porsche money, yet. If i was going to trade out it would be for a 5th Gen Z/28.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
The engine should be under warranty for a while longer, unless you are putting a lot of miles on your car.

I thought three years was it? I got my car in December of '15.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Has the spreadsheet been released yet?

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
Yes I have it, but I won't be able to get on my PC until Saturday morning to upload the file to Google and share it out.

I also found out other members on gt350.org are also reporting engine problems so over time I will add that information as well.

If owners with blown engines would also report their engine builders and vehicle build date, I will add that info into the spreadsheet. Not blaming the builders, but trying to create a comprehensive spreedsheet with as much info as possible

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes I have it, but I won't be able to get on my PC until Saturday morning to upload the file to Google and share it out.

I also found out other members on gt350.org are also reporting engine problems so over time I will add that information as well.

If owners with blown engines would also report their engine builders and vehicle build date, I will add that info into the spreadsheet. Not blaming the builders, but trying to create a comprehensive spreedsheet with as much info as possible
Also several on the SVTperformance forum that don't seem to replicate the ones on this forum.

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
Ok..here is the link to the spreadsheet file. There are two Tabs at the bottom, one for A/C issues and one for engine failures/replacement. I will slowly add more info from other forums and possible another tab just for oil consumption.

I only added member info to the spreadsheet if they actually had the problem. I did not include "I heard 5 motors blown at so and so"...these are NOT included.
I assume info on the forums are public. If any member wishes to be omitted from the spreadsheet, please PM me.

If owners with blown engines would also report their engine builders and vehicle build date, I will add that info into the spreadsheet. Not blaming the builders, but trying to create a comprehensive spreedsheet with as much info as possible. These are the data I'm trying to gather:

Vehicle Build date
Engine Builders
Mileage when motor issue occurred
Nature of issue
Resolution provided by Ford

LINK TO SPREADSHEET BELOW:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OAo0VezzcZEOoaKeS1SyE15uS8osi0zJ_mOuxQSaATw

Last edited:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ok..here is the link to the spreadsheet file. There are two Tabs at the bottom, one for A/C issues and one for engine failures/replacement. I will slowly add more info from other forums and possible another tab just for oil consumption.

I only added member info to the spreadsheet if they actually had the problem. I did not include "I heard 5 motors blown at so and so"...these are NOT included.
I assume info on the forums are public. If any member wishes to be omitted from the spreadsheet, please PM me.

If owners with blown engines would also report their engine builders and vehicle build date, I will add that info into the spreadsheet. Not blaming the builders, but trying to create a comprehensive spreedsheet with as much info as possible. These are the data I'm trying to gather:

Vehicle Build date
Engine Builders
Mileage when motor issue occurred
Nature of issue
Resolution provided by Ford

LINK TO SPREADSHEET BELOW:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OAo0VezzcZEOoaKeS1SyE15uS8osi0zJ_mOuxQSaATw

Here is another one.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66091
Engine replacement