Sponsored

Remote Control Mustang ...

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tamiya kits have been around a long time. When I was 10 my father and I build a Tamiya hornet off road buggy. Had a lot of fun with it. The RC hobby has changed drastically. If I had a spare 650.00 laying around I'd buy this one:

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
First tamiya I owned was the (retro) F150 that had the metal suspension components based on the old vw beetle design.

I moved onto the (retro) boomerang.

In that era between my friends we had (working up if I remember the order correctly) - grass hopper / hornet / wild one / boomerang / big wig.

RC cars were my first real hobby and one that was shared in my group of friends :sunglasses:

WD :like:

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
The Tamiya kits are great. This one is ÂŁ130 in the UK, but back in Stock everywhere in November, so maybe just shortages and that's the next supplier shipment? I'm very tempted with this, the problem is it's ÂŁ130 not spent on the real car...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I used to be big into the RC hobby years ago...

Had a custom Tamiya Blackfoot that I swapped a Tamiya Hornet rear gearbox into it... I could do wheelies down a whole length of street... it was a killer mod. Also hooked it up with real lights on the roll bar and headlights for night time driving. That thing could traverse any type of terrain.

Then moved on from Tamiya to the RC10 aluminum pan street car, then to the RC10 Graphite... another great RC car that tore up tracks.

Always upgraded every kit I bought to aluminum rims, sealed ball bearings, aluminum oil filled shocks and electronic speed controllers for the upgrades.

I probably easily had a few grand into cars, parts, batteries, chargers, radios, electronic speed controllers, hop up motors, body shells, tires, rims, etc...

There used to be a local hobby shop that would sponsor races. We used to mess around with the dudes who were racing by bringing our Radio Receivers to the events - and then swapping in different crystals to take control of their vehicles... LMAO... nothing funnier than watching dudes freaking out because their RC car was going forward.... then all of the sudden turns around and goes the opposite way up the track....

i eventually sold it all off years back... looking now, some of those original cars and equipment are worth some good money today.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Just to throw this out there. ..
I find some irony in the enthusiasm shown to these electric powered toys compared to the general scorn towards an electric powered full size Mustang.
In the mid 2000's there was much the same feelings in the RC hobby. Tremendous resistance to electric power, there's nothing like the sound and experience of ICE, the same arguments as today...

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I find some irony in the enthusiasm shown to these electric powered toys compared to the general scorn towards an electric powered full size Mustang.
In the mid 2000's there was much the same feelings in the RC hobby. Tremendous resistance to electric power, there's nothing like the sound and experience of ICE, the same arguments as today...
If they made a nitro version..I would get it ..same thing with the electric rc car ..yeah there fast and silent..but the nitro you really have to appreciate them ..and tune them ..so much more fun..honestly the electric rc cars are good ..but a bit boring ..no soul.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
There is a major difference tho, the price of entry for an electric R/C car is cheaper than the nitro (ICE) version. Not the case with a full size car, not to mention the infrastructure to support full scale adoption of electric cars is not there yet. Regardless of what the politicians tell you, there is at least 20 years before the infrastructure is ready for a 50/50 mix of ICE/electric, maybe 40 years before we can go 100% electric

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just popping this one back up…

Anyone get any more S550 R/C cars or do anything upscale with one they already have?

Any mini-R/C drags?
Sponsored