2016 GT350 Track Pack

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I think you are being a bit paranoid, but understand and respect you for it as I have the same problem. You could just bring a high quality polish with you to quickly put on the front end before you drive her home. Will at least make bugs really easy to remove. I will say that in 3,000 miles my car is loaded with very tiny stone chips on the bottom 6 inches of each side of the car between the front and rear tires as the front tires stick out further than the body behind it causing tons of stones to hit. Rear tires aren's an issue as has factory installed stone guards in the back. Bring a pair of stone guards with you for behind the front wheels such as these (eBay has the best price on them currently):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-2...ash=item2a7cee98b1:g:efYAAOSwo4pYE-My&vxp=mtr

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Roll on rubbery like stuff that dries clear

https://www.roadwarriorplus.com/

The xpel trac stuff is SUPER expensive to have enough to cover the front end totally.

There is a thread on this Road Warrior stuff is the cosmetic subsection

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I would use painters tape. Less than $15 and it works great. It looks dumb but who cares. Its only for a short drive back.

Also it won't damage your paint, its painters tape...

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
This time of year with all the debris on the road I would use Xpel trackwrap. That shit is crazy thick and will take a beating. Expensive at over $100 but you will have 0 worries of anything getting through. If you don't care how it looks than application is easy.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Roll on rubbery like stuff that dries clear

https://www.roadwarriorplus.com/

The xpel trac stuff is SUPER expensive to have enough to cover the front end totally.

There is a thread on this Road Warrior stuff is the cosmetic subsection
Agree...XPel is very expensive, good advice on the spray on stuff, 3M makes
some also.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Agree...XPel is very expensive, good advice on the spray on stuff, 3M makes
some also.
I think they stopped making the 3M stuff; Paint Defender I think it was called the aerosol can. Only some places seem to have stock of it.

But yeh, roll on stuff forms what looks like a thick plastidip type rubbery texture coating; for $40 vs $75-200. Need quite a lot of that Tracwrap stuff if you look at how narrow the pieces are for the cost. The $70 is 40 feet of 6 inch strip. Wont get much dont with 40 feet of the front end.

The 12" and 18" 40 foot rolls are $150-200. That's crazy for something temporary.

This Road Warrior stuff purportedly is around 8 mils thick like Xpel is but for much less money.

Sponsored

Tuckabuckaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Edge, Escape, Flex, Mag GT350 Tech
I opted for Roadwrap as I just needed road protection before PPF. Much cheaper and I got two wraps out of it. I wrapped the entire nose (trimmed out the grill openings), half the hood (trimmed the vent opening), the mirrors and the rockers. Drove 70 miles (mostly highway) from the dealer to home. A week later, another 75 miles to the Xpel dealer (also mostly highway). Stuck very well with no lifted edges and peeled off cleanly. Not a single chip or bit of paint damage.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I opted for Roadwrap as I just needed road protection before PPF. Much cheaper and I got two wraps out of it. I wrapped the entire nose (trimmed out the grill openings), half the hood (trimmed the vent opening), the mirrors and the rockers. Drove 70 miles (mostly highway) from the dealer to home. A week later, another 75 miles to the Xpel dealer (also mostly highway). Stuck very well with no lifted edges and peeled off cleanly. Not a single chip or bit of paint damage.
Only problem with that stuff is it is paper thin at 2.5 mils thick. The roll on and Xpel stuff is nearly 8 mils.

Much more chip protection

Tuckabuckaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Edge, Escape, Flex, Mag GT350 Tech
Only problem with that stuff is it is paper thin at 2.5 mils thick. The roll on and Xpel stuff is nearly 8 mils.

Much more chip protection
It's called Roadwrap; not Offroadwrap or Trackwrap :). I'm not recommending the stuff for either of the latter. 2.5 mil is no problem for road use. If in doubt, double it up.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my car from South Carolina to Boston with blue painters tape... don't stress too much man, that video is about painted carbon fiber, our cars are aluminum painted hood...

I did have some residual glue, noting a bit of carpro eraser can't fix. I mean you supposed to do a complete polish/wax/carpro cquartz anyway, right? I highly recommend xpel film on bumper and headlights, and cquartz all over the car.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's called Roadwrap; not Offroadwrap or Trackwrap :). I'm not recommending the stuff for either of the latter. 2.5 mil is no problem for road use. If in doubt, double it up.
Well yeh, but a rock off a tire on the highway going 60-70mph is going to blow through 2.5 mil and chip the paint; or at least leave a divot in the paint. I'd bet money on that one actually.

I'd trust 8 mil over 2.5 mil; 3 times the thickness, to prevent rock chips/divots. Even then, clear bra and such at that thickness still cannot protect from everything and strong hits from flying pebbles can leave divots in the paint under the clear bra.

I just cant see 2.5 mil protecting from any real damage other than from course sand size road debris or bugs. I personally wouldn't go on the highway behind trucks with anything that thin
Sponsored