Sponsored

paint protection/washing

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
I use a Ryobi electric blower just to get standing water off brakes/etc. I don't understand the dirty air comment unless your doing it in a dust storm. BTW if your GT350 isn't going to be a garage queen, do ppf on impact areas especially if you plan on tracking your car.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I wash it yearly.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
So do you put a large bag around your car when you drive down the road because of all the dirty air LOL

Actually yes most of us do I think....Xpel, Suntek, 3M, etc is what we call it tho :lol:

I use a leaf blower followed by Adam's drying towels. Even if it is 'dirty air'...what I am actually doing is removing most water from the PPF in a way that minimizes water spots. So who cares how I dry my plastic? Not sure I will ever be convinced there is $500 worth of value in a Master Blaster.

This is probably a topic that the average Joe (even one that keeps a clean fleet) would see and think we are ALL nutjobs.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Actually yes most of us do I think....Xpel, Suntek, 3M, etc is what we call it tho :lol:

I use a leaf blower followed by Adam's drying towels. Even if it is 'dirty air'...what I am actually doing is removing most water from the PPF in a way that minimizes water spots. So who cares how I dry my plastic? Not sure I will ever be convinced there is $500 worth of value in a Master Blaster.

This is probably a topic that the average Joe (even one that keeps a clean fleet) would see and think we are ALL nutjobs.
I get it I have suntek on my car. I've had zero issues using leaf blower in my paint is squeaky clean.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Get a PPF applied to all panels if you can afford it. Compressed air was mentioned, however don't use a leaf blower as the air is not filtered. Purchase a Master Blaster. The unit is designed specifically for drying a car off utilizing filtered air.
I use my Master Blaster on all my cars and it is invaluable especially in areas where we cannot dry the car properly such as the grill, window and fender gaps, tight fitting areas and wheel lug openings.

Personally I use a combination of hand drying my cars along with the Master Blaster.

PS: Being an old school buy and I know that I am in the minority but I will not apply a PPF to any of my cars but respect all of the enthusiasts that do.

Good luck!

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Cquartz ceramic coating will be by far the best bet for protection and longevity
Sponsored