Sponsored

paint protection/washing

cutter1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So since I've got a 2018 coming (I don't know when yet). I am trying to get ready for her arrival. What recommendations would you guys have for washing/sealing/wax etc? Are there any long term sealants that would be worthwhile?
Sponsored

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
Cquartz is amazing. Check out autogeek.com

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You'll get a lot of opinions on this. Watch some youtube videos but basically (look up these terms):

washing:
2 bucket wash method
clean quality microfiber towels only
dry car with leaf blower or compressed air first (get a lot of the water off and out of the cracks) and then microfiber drying towels after
Look into how to keep microfiber clean for as long as possible but plan to replace often

clay bar, paint correction, wax/sealant of your choice

catdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
Hi, check out www.feynlab.com, I got self heal plus on m zl1 (black) and self heal lite on my GT350 (white with blue stripes)...

As you can see, it self heals any scratches with heat/sun or time...

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Adam's Polishes for the win! :headbang:
I purchased the 2-bucket wash package initially and later bought some of the gallon refill jugs when they went on sale.
http://adamspolishes.com

As for paint protection this is discussed at length in many threads....bottomline is find a good installer that you feel comfortable with and take their advice.

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I use a 5-gal bucket with a rack in the bottom instead of the two-bucket method but can't argue with that. I've used Wax-while-you-Dry to spritz the car lightly after I blow it off and before I dry it with MF towels. It seems to do a great job of keeping the car looking freshly waxed and helps remove any stubborn stuff that washing didn't quite get off. Seems to help prevent road tar specs from sticking so firmly also. Most of it is gone after washing the car the next time.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I always use a shamoi..aka lamb skin to dry after wash.. never use one of those long broom stick brushes, always a sponge

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Cquartz is amazing. Check out autogeek.com
I second this. If you apply cquartz on all panels, it doesn't matter too much how you wash the car. You can't scratch it. That includes the stripes.

18 months later, I have the same amount of swirls in the stripes as I had before I applied cquartz.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Get a PPF applied to all panels if you can afford it. Compressed air was mentioned, however don't use a leaf blower as the air is not filtered. Purchase a Master Blaster. The unit is designed specifically for drying a car off utilizing filtered air.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Light paint correction
Gtechniq Crystal serum 7 yr.
Full front suntek
11000 miles paint is perfect.

I wash using the two bucket method with a foam Lance and Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam. I dry the car with a leaf blower and then finish it off with a drying towel.

After the car is dry I go over it with detail spray and clean up anything that got missed then I top it off with Gtechniq C2 V3 Liquid Crystal.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a PPF applied to all panels if you can afford it. Compressed air was mentioned, however don't use a leaf blower as the air is not filtered. Purchase a Master Blaster. The unit is designed specifically for drying a car off utilizing filtered air.

I disagree with this. I use a leaf blower with no problems at all. You know what's not filtered, the air that you're driving your car through LOL.

In the video below Matt from obsessed garage disproves the don't use a leaf blower assertion

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I disagree with this. I use a leaf blower with no problems at all. You know what's not filtered, the air that you're driving your car through LOL.

In the video below Matt from obsessed garage disproves the don't use a leaf blower assertion

Cool story brah. Wash your color then blow dirty air over the water sitting in the panels :doh:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool story brah. Wash your color then blow dirty air over the water sitting in the panels :doh:
The air blown by my leaf blower is not dirty. Maybe if you use a crappy leaf blower that has an exhaust out of the blower end and then yeah but my Stihl leaf blower blows perfectly clean.

I have the same leaf blower As Matt from obsessed garage does and you can see in a test video above he blows it against a piece of white paper and there's absolutely nothing on it.

So do you put a large bag around your car when you drive down the road because of all the dirty air LOL
Sponsored