Paint Film Protection

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
So I found a place by me that has an incredible reputation. And it is tough to get in because they are so busy. They seem to have endless, super sweet cars, coming in for this Paint Film Protection. I have waiting nearly 3 weeks just to get my car in.

I am getting the following done, for the following cost. Curious to see if you guys have any experience. I want to keep this sucker looking good, and I think this will give me a great piece of mind. Keep in mind, my car is black. So the more protection I have, the better off I will be.

Paint protection film on

Full hood
Full fenders
Front bumper
Mirrors
Headlights
Rear qtr piece like the Porsches

$3150 ——> $2850.

Nanolex SI3D HD coating - $2000——> $1500.00

$5150 would be the norm - Since Michael spoke highly of you here is your bundled price:
$4350 would be the total.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The front of the rear quarter is a must. It gets destroyed by rocks.

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
The front of the rear quarter is a must. It gets destroyed by rocks.
I think I'm just going to do it all.

I'd like to avoid swirls too. At all costs.

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
This is what I was quoted for Xpel Ultimate in Eastern PA. They are part of an automotive group for high end cars (McLaren, Porsche, Maseratti):

To do a full wrap of your vehicle - $ 5,500.
To do full front bumper, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, A pillars, doors and rocker panels, behind rear wheels - $ 3200.

MAJ_MALFUNCTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Triple Yellow
I've heard that the leading edge of the roof can benefit from protection, too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
This is what I was quoted for Xpel Ultimate in Eastern PA. They are part of an automotive group for high end cars (McLaren, Porsche, Maseratti):

To do full front bumper, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, A pillars, doors and rocker panels, behind rear wheels - $ 3200.
Sounds like it is all in-line then. Thanks,

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else done this?

Is it necessary?

Will it provide good protection?

Anyone have any experience with the finished product?

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Has anyone else done this?

Is it necessary?

Will it provide good protection?

Anyone have any experience with the finished product?
I had XPEL on my front bumper, mirrors, headlights, hood and front fenders on my 2015 GT that I just traded in for the 350.

my GT had nearly 10,000 miles on it, of which 5,000 were from a round trip to Vegas from NY.

ZERO chips or scratches. Car looked brand new.
So yes, the finished product works very well.

Is it worth the thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars?
That is totally up to each person.

IMO - if you are going to take very good care of the car and plan to sell in the next few years. Save your money.

If I knew I was going to sell my GT after just a year and a half I wouldn't have spent the money on the paint protection.

I would not have gotten any less on the trade for what would be considered totally normal wear on a car with 10K miles.
The dealer did not even inspect the car for every little blemish.

For anyone that is very meticulous and slightly OCD about any mark on the car I highly recommend it.

as for my brand new GT350...
I am getting the same protection I got last time. I have slight OCD :D

Tuckabuckaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Edge, Escape, Flex, Mag GT350 Tech
So I found a place by me that has an incredible reputation. And it is tough to get in because they are so busy. They seem to have endless, super sweet cars, coming in for this Paint Film Protection. I have waiting nearly 3 weeks just to get my car in.

I am getting the following done, for the following cost. Curious to see if you guys have any experience. I want to keep this sucker looking good, and I think this will give me a great piece of mind. Keep in mind, my car is black. So the more protection I have, the better off I will be.

Paint protection film on

Full hood
Full fenders
Front bumper
Mirrors
Headlights
Rear qtr piece like the Porsches

$3150 ——> $2850.

Nanolex SI3D HD coating - $2000——> $1500.00

$5150 would be the norm - Since Michael spoke highly of you here is your bundled price:
$4350 would be the total.
Got all those areas filmed plus door panels below lower belt line, front fender behind wheel, and door cups...by certified Xpel installer in Lancaster. Plus OptiCoat ProPlus. Plus window tint (35%) on all but windshield for $3770 ($2670 Xpel, $850 Opti, $250 tint). Meticulous install with all edges wrapped with the PPF. Very satisfied with all work done. Only downside was losing car for a full week.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP

To do full front bumper, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, A pillars, doors and rocker panels, IN FRONT rear wheels - $ 3200.
fixed ^^ behind the rear wheels is safe due the edge guards. I have seen no damage or chips behind the rear wheels with zero paint protection. In front of the rear wheels is critical.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Got all those areas filmed plus door panels below lower belt line, front fender behind wheel, and door cups...by certified Xpel installer in Lancaster. Plus OptiCoat ProPlus. Plus window tint (35%) on all but windshield for $3770 ($2670 Xpel, $850 Opti, $250 tint). Meticulous install with all edges wrapped with the PPF. Very satisfied with all work done. Only downside was losing car for a full week.
Sounds like it's the nanolex that is creating the cost disparity.

From what I can tell, it's an exceptional product and well worth the extra 1500.

OP
OP

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I had XPEL on my front bumper, mirrors, headlights, hood and front fenders on my 2015 GT that I just traded in for the 350.

my GT had nearly 10,000 miles on it, of which 5,000 were from a round trip to Vegas from NY.

ZERO chips or scratches. Car looked brand new.
So yes, the finished product works very well.

Is it worth the thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars?
That is totally up to each person.

IMO - if you are going to take very good care of the car and plan to sell in the next few years. Save your money.

If I knew I was going to sell my GT after just a year and a half I wouldn't have spent the money on the paint protection.

I would not have gotten any less on the trade for what would be considered totally normal wear on a car with 10K miles.
The dealer did not even inspect the car for every little blemish.

For anyone that is very meticulous and slightly OCD about any mark on the car I highly recommend it.

as for my brand new GT350...
I am getting the same protection I got last time. I have slight OCD :D

Appreciate the thoughts.

I'm not overly ocd, but I really don't want to see any swirls and I'd like to minimize scratches. Even hairlines.

I'm ok spending the money on it.

I expect to have this car for decades.

I'm currently 42, and I have daydreams about pulling my minty 350 out of the garage for my weekend jaunts for the next 20 or so years.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my own film from xpel for 500 bucks, front bumper and headlights. Installed myself. Perfect protection. It's not for the faint of the heart , it's difficult and requires a lot of stretching and applying over an over until it's perfect...
It might not come out perfect, you might see a spot or two, but overall, xpel has a great property of fading marks out by itself, so even small bubbles will turn out invisible in time.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Appreciate the thoughts.

I'm not overly ocd, but I really don't want to see any swirls and I'd like to minimize scratches. Even hairlines.

I'm currently 42, and I have daydreams about pulling my minty 350 out of the garage for my weekend jaunts for the next 20 or so years.
These tires throw rocks excessively as they should given the compound. Those that haven't installed it usually regret it later especially in front of the rear wheels. Someone mentioned the roof...the area just above the windshield does see a lot of impact as well. The film should be installed where it begins in that gap.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Appreciate the thoughts.

Hey Superdog, I don't see a cost for the detail? Maybe being redundant, but I'd have the car detailed to the "T" prior to installing the PPF. That way, underneath the PPF you have that minty paint you reference in your above post - no swirls, no hairline scratches - paint as perfect as a Ford can be!
Sponsored