Really? Not even 100 miles yet

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
There is a TSB for the "un"cooled seatbacks. Have your uninformed dealer look it up.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
When I bought mine last week and got it home and did my OCD inspection, I found that the battery was almost completely drained. I put it on the tender and it took just over 14 hours to bring it back to the top. It's not surprising that a brand new vehicle could have charging system issues if the dealership isn't tending to the batteries like they should.

-Jeff

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
There is a TSB for the "un"cooled seatbacks. Have your uninformed dealer look it up.
FWIW, the TSB only eliminates the problem of the seat back getting hot while the cooling function is enabled. However, the seat back still does not cool properly.

Exactly once in my 13 months of ownership, I managed to get the seat back to cool. I had just started the car in a parking lot at about 11:00 pm (so dark outside), when a friend passed by that I hadn't seen in ages. I got out of the car and we talked for about an hour (with my car killing birds and bunnies the whole time). When I got back in, both the bottom and back of the seat were ice cold. This was post-TSB, so I cannot confirm whether the original seat back cooler would have done the same. However, it is possible for both units to produce cool air when the airflow is not restricted by, say, a human body sitting on top of them.

:focus: I've been lucky enough not to have any battery issues with my car, and it often sits for a week to ten days without being driven.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Not losing my mind, $hit happens and it is a Monday, but it is disappointing and not confidence inspiring.

Anyone have this before - short, computer setting problem? Can't just be the battery, can it?
It is Monday ... the 13th at that. :doh:

The car is supposed to protect the battery from draining if something is left on. So it's either just a bad battery, or there is some kind of draw on the battery that the computer can't control and shut off to stop the drain.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Just heard from my dealer - give T-S550-X the cigar - bad cell in the battery - just one of those things.
Glad they got you sorted out. It was a simple fix! Your A/C seats on the other hand......:headbonk:

Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My factory battery was garbage too.

svtsupremacy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Worked in the service department and saw chitty batteries all the time..Ya that sucks it had a bad battery, but can we not make a thread about it?

not trying to be a dick but some of the shit people post is waste of space

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Isnt' that what a forum is for??? Talking about whatever you want?

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
I had my battery replaced under warranty after 6 months and less than 3k miles. Sometimes you just get a bum battery. At least it was only a small inconvenience for you. The dealer took good care of me and upgraded it to a HD battery by way of a small apology.
Sponsored