Sponsored

Really? Not even 100 miles yet

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Ok, it is Monday morning. Beautiful day so I pop into my new GT vert (picked it up on Friday - 92 miles ), push the start button and, and, and... a white screen comes up on Sync 3 "System Off to Save Battery - Please turn ignition off or start engine."

And it will not let me do either, turn the system off or start the engine. I do hear the clicking of the starter with a battery that is obviously very week.

Ford Roadside is responding with a tow back to the dealership - they were very nice and fortunately my dealer is just under the 35 mile free tow radius (34.4 miles!) And my salesman has already responded - this is not on him obviously - he did not build it.

Not losing my mind, $hit happens and it is a Monday, but it is disappointing and not confidence inspiring.

Anyone have this before - short, computer setting problem? Can't just be the battery, can it?

Thanks
Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The dealer should be able to check the charging system pretty quickly.
It's under warranty so I would not fret.

I would have thought that the dealer would have checked all connections, Battery and alternator when it came in, unless you told them not to.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Very strange, for sure. Thank God for warrantee. Hope it gets figured out quickly. Keep us posted as to what happens please.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
That's a new one, I left my lights on overnight, when I got up in the morning, my neighbor told me, he figured I killed the battery, he stood there smirking. I got in my car and started it no problem, battery protection ftw, look of dissapointment on his face was priceless. Might be a short somewhere in yours

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Yea man...
I have a GT350 and isn't my DD. If you don't run these cars often you will get that message. I see that message just about every time I get in my car. It does start however...

Sound like a bad battery perhaps?

Our cars have a bunch of computers that drain a lot of juice.

Keep us posted

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Wouldn't be surprised if the battery was crap. As a former GM tech I have replaced batteries on the initial dealer delivery, and hundreds with less than 10,000 miles on the car new.

OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Ford Roadside came and put a charge box on it, it did start - good thing because we could not figure out how to get the automatic into neutral - and he was able to get it on the truck. I hope it is just a bad battery, but if not, I am confident that they will find the issue.

The dealer is very responsive and they said that they have someone waiting for it when it gets there. I expect to be able to report back to you today. and, while it is in, I will have them look at the only two "bugs" I have found so far, the back of the seat has no AC and the preset seat positioning only works about 50% of the time.

If that is the worst of it, I will consider myself lucky!

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
That's a new one, I left my lights on overnight, when I got up in the morning, my neighbor told me, he figured I killed the battery, he stood there smirking. I got in my car and started it no problem, battery protection ftw, look of dissapointment on his face was priceless. Might be a short somewhere in yours
You need a new neighbor

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
My 2015 WRX factory battery would not last a week without crapping out. Even on a battery tender. It turned out the battery had a bad cell. If driven daily it wouldn't have been an issue. My mustang does not have any issues. If I wait more than a week to drive it, then I notice its a little more sluggish than normal.

Bad batteries happen. It's just not typical. Either way Ford should get you sorted out. I purchased a good battery jump box from Batteries Plus and it has saved my ass quite a few times. I keep it in the garage and have on occasion taken it with me. Especially in the WRX with the bad battery.

A jump box probably would have gotten you started and on the road easily, unless its an issue with the car itself.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Good luck on the cooled seat back... Join the thousands and thousands with the same complaint.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
When Ford Roadside came and put a charge box on it, it did start - good thing because we could not figure out how to get the automatic into neutral - and he was able to get it on the truck. I hope it is just a bad battery, but if not, I am confident that they will find the issue.
Check your Owners Manual for the procedure to shift to neutral Pg 135.

OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck on the cooled seat back... Join the thousands and thousands with the same complaint.
Yes,
I was just reading a thread about that. I wish I could get away with stuff like that in my business. If they truly can't fix it (more an annoyance than anything else) perhaps I will just file a suit to recover the amount I paid for the option - it is part of 400A, but it must have a value. Perhaps the press of someone taking them to court, and likely winning (what is their defense - we never said it would work?) and having a bunch of people do the same will make them rethink.

OP
OP
WindveilNJ

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just heard from my dealer - give T-S550-X the cigar - bad cell in the battery - just one of those things.

As for the AC seat, interestingly the dealer/salesman, not service, said it is not supposed to blow air from the back part of the seat, only the bottom. I told him that I did not think that that was the case (I am almost sure of it) and that he should sit in the passenger seat which felt like it was blowing air from both. I am sure you will all let me know if I am correct or mistaken - on the other hand, the salesman was correct, at least the driver's seat of my car does not seem to blow air:doh:

Generally a very good dealer so I will give it the benefit of the doubt that the sales guy who called me did not know. But we will see!

thanks again everyone!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yes,
I was just reading a thread about that. I wish I could get away with stuff like that in my business. If they truly can't fix it (more an annoyance than anything else) perhaps I will just file a suit to recover the amount I paid for the option - it is part of 400A, but it must have a value. Perhaps the press of someone taking them to court, and likely winning (what is their defense - we never said it would work?) and having a bunch of people do the same will make them rethink.

You shouldn't have a problem gathering plaintiffs:paddle:

And yes the lower half of the seat back is suppose to be cooled. Now that it's 90+ degrees here I am in the crowd of it actually gets warmer.

Glad you got the battery sorted. Unfortunate, but happens a LOT with mass production batteries. Quality Control in this country isn't what it used to be.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Yes,
I just spit out my coke and fell out of my chair...ROFLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Sponsored