Sponsored

Ready to pull trigger...but first some questions??

OP
OP

Bigdom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't even remember anymore
Svtfreak- that makes no sense and you further proved my point that there is a replacement for displacement and its boost because if you took two cars with the same displacement and added boost to one who would win?
Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Put same boost on more displacement and those fell easily. You're theory is void. The rule still stands.
Displacement is a major variable. So is boost. So is technology. Don't fixate on one thing and ignore the rest. That goes both ways, though. I've seen ricers go on about boost and forget displacement almost as much as the reverse with older gearheads.

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp
Cause they're a tight fit. I'm 5'11" 220 last night. Everyone says I look about 175.

Anyways the recaros are tight. I love them but I like my seats literally holding me in and getting squeezed by them. I don't know how well they would do on a long drive so now I'm considering not ordering them and just buying them from ford racing instead.

If I were you I would do the oppisite. Save yourself some money and get the Recaros with the car. Buy stock seats for much cheaper. You can pay half for the Recaros by ordering them with the car over getting them through ford racing.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Buy an EcoBoost, then trade in for a GT after a month. This way you get to experience both.

This is clearly the best course of action.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The GN was basically Darth Vader's car.

Sponsored

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
"There's no replacement for displacement"

I'd say the grand national and gnx pretty much killed that theory lol

Agreed,
And, I was not proposing otherwise...

Simply saying that there is that old adage hanging out there- not necessarily attached to "power".. but that for many old school folk, the sound, feel, and bulk simply can not be replaced !

And, BTW, as far as the "fun factor" goes, world respected cars like the VW
GTI or even the Mazda Miata have a lot going for them !

PS- I have owned such new Miatas, VWs..., vintage English sports cars, AND many Big Block V8 Classic Muscle Cars including the POCI Number 1 Top In Class 1968 Ram Air GTO Convertible,,, and still can say-

The 2015 Eco Mustang is a JOY TO OWN & DRIVE ! :cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Quite so. All depends on your priorities. It helps that my wife's car is a loaded VW Sportwagen with pretty much every option imaginable. That *is* a luxury car, for all intents and purposes. So my Mustang is not the long trip comfort car.

And I'm pretty strange. I wouldn't say I prefer base over premium, but a lot of the base features do suit me better. For example, I hate touchscreen stereos and automatic/computerized climate control. I prefer old fashioned knobs and buttons. Also, the base model has less speakers. This makes it easier (and less expensive) for me to replace them with something better (I'm rarely satisfied with stock speakers in any form).

So a lot of the premium features are drags to me. I would have preferred if Ford had a standalone leather option, though. I do prefer that over cloth. And I also wish they could have given the base model the pretty pilot switches.
This, especially the bold. I probably would have ordered a base GT/PP if I could have ordered it with factory leather. I have no need for the rest of the Premium fluff and happily would have coughed up ~$1K for leather on a base car (much as I did on my Jeep).

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The 2015 Eco Mustang is a JOY TO OWN & DRIVE ! :cheers:
It sure is.

My initial approach was get a 300HP V6 and just kind of customize it a bit to make it my own. The more I looked into Ecoboost though I loved the idea of great gas mileage when needed, or hitting it hard when it's time for fun. In the end it was the driving modes and leather interior, wheel upgrades etc that pushed me into the Ecoboost Premium model.

Very good balance of smooth riding car that, at the flick of a switch I can put in Sport+ mode and have a blast with.

Those 4 modes are so well worth it, it's kinda crazy.

I'm also not a guy who buys a Mustang to get speeding tickets or go to the track with ever. For that crowd the GT should get all the praise for sure.

Still, 310HP out of a car I am averaging over 26MPG from?

Nuts.

OP
OP

Bigdom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't even remember anymore
Update!!!
So I finally found an eb with a 6 speed and pp and I have to say my god was I impressed I mean chirping in second gear on a 4 banger cmon!!! The guy who test drove with me on the other hand wasn't so impressed his only words were when I got in and I immediately clicked over to track mode and held the traction button till advance track was turned off he said "well this is gonna be interesting" lol I also test drove a gt and while of course it was great I don't see paying almost 700 a month for a car when the ecoboost out a heavy smile on my face just like my 89 turbo Trans am did I love that feeling when the boost kicks in plants my big ass nice in the seat lol

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Glad you got to take one out and have a good time.

Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Update!!!
So I finally found an eb with a 6 speed and pp and I have to say my god was I impressed I mean chirping in second gear on a 4 banger cmon!!! The guy who test drove with me on the other hand wasn't so impressed his only words were when I got in and I immediately clicked over to track mode and held the traction button till advance track was turned off he said "well this is gonna be interesting" lol I also test drove a gt and while of course it was great I don't see paying almost 700 a month for a car when the ecoboost out a heavy smile on my face just like my 89 turbo Trans am did I love that feeling when the boost kicks in plants my big ass nice in the seat lol
Just wait until you get one, run the crap 87 gas run out of it, top off with 93, and tune/IC upgrade done. It makes a huge difference, especially in throttle response/torque production. I was out playing with mine one night, and it spun 1st, left a short patch 1-2 shift, then barked 2-3 pretty hard. All I could do was giggle like an idiot...lol. G/f thought I was a nut, but it's hilarious that a 4 cyl can do that, especially with an auto trans/3.15 rear gear combo.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I'm 150lbs less and tall and I couldn't stand the recaros. I can't imagine taking a long drive with them. Go with the regular seats.
Sponsored