Sponsored

Ravings and Complaints

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Or maybe not. The stock shifter on my 2004 996tt sucks donkey's bollocks. Most 996tt owners upgrade to 997 or numeric shifters.

The shifter on my old 2011 Mustang GT felt much nicer. If the Shelby is like that one I'll be ok with it.
Donkey what? :lol:

I have a 2011 GT stock shifter with shift brackets, bushings etc and its nice but not wow. Vorshlag recommended sticking with stock shifter and I listened.

The Shelby is very different in a good way. Its lighter, notchier, more precise and shorter. I have driven Civics, GTIs, 996tt, 360 6 spd, s2000, NSX, BMW M3s.....and this Shelby shifts really nice...probably right up there at the top. As others have pointed out, the clutch is very nice too, amazing how light the clutch is for a 3800lb car with 500+ HP.
Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not a big surprise, Honda makes a butter smooth shifting tyranny, from the older 5 speeds to the S2000. I however don't mind a notchy shifter with a heavier feel
100% agree. Honda's old 5-speeds were slick - 1 finger shifting easily possible - but for the track or any aggressive driving I like short, heavy and definitive shifts.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Or maybe not. The stock shifter on my 2004 996tt sucks donkey's bollocks. Most 996tt owners upgrade to 997 or numeric shifters.

The shifter on my old 2011 Mustang GT felt much nicer. If the Shelby is like that one I'll be ok with it.
Huh, this was a 911 Carrera 4S - I may have the name wrong, but it was the AWD S model rear engine car. The shifter was superb. The feel of the gears meshing was amazing. Very high quality feel, but possibly the car was babied. It did only have 30 some thousand miles on it.

If your 2011 Mustang shifter has a better feel then your Porsche must be really bad.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Huh, this was a 911 Carrera 4S - I may have the name wrong, but it was the AWD S model rear engine car. The shifter was superb. The feel of the gears meshing was amazing. Very high quality feel, but possibly the car was babied. It did only have 30 some thousand miles on it.

If your 2011 Mustang shifter has a better feel then your Porsche must be really bad.
The shifter on the 996tt is widely, although not universally, disliked... It's not specific to my car.

Any chance you might have driven a later (997) model? Or maybe the aspirated 996 had a different shifter but I doubt it.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The shifter on the 996tt is widely, although not universally, disliked... It's not specific to my car.

Any chance you might have driven a later (997) model? Or maybe the aspirated 996 had a different shifter but I doubt it.
Maybe I have the year wrong. I remember the dash electronics were seriously dated. :barf:

Godless Radical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I keep hitting the panic button (on the key fob) against the bottom of the steering wheel when I get out of the car. This happens, both, when it's in my pocket or in my jacket.
Only complaint so far.
Note: My wife doesn't feel it's an issue with the car, but rather, an issue with my large lower girth.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Maybe I have the year wrong. I remember the dash electronics were seriously dated. :barf:
Porsche are neanderthals when it comes to modern electronics and features. They were on of the last to get on the blue tooth train, USB/iPod/iPhone connectivity, etc.

svtgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm experiencing some noise in second
goes away when I nudge (press) the shifter to the right?

Last edited:

ivanuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Ecoboost, 2016 Mag Trk GT350 On order
I don't like the helper spring at all on the clutch, im going to remove it. Only other complaint i have is I typically hit the door panel and rocker panel on my gt350 when getting in and out, i guess i should be more careful, other than that i love everything about the car!

Sponsored

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Only observation so far (500 miles or so) is as mentioned above; difficult to get out of the car without dragging my shoe on the rocker panel....especially if I'm unable to open the door completely. Tight fit in my garage spot. I slide the seat back completely and that helps a lot.

Oh...one other complaint. Too easy to drive fast and will probably end up getting me into trouble!!

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
The seat belt is a b!tch to get. Those collars on the side that are supposed to hold the belt to the seat don't do jack.

It did also took me awhile to finally figure out how the height lever works for the Recaros. You pump the lever as oppose to just push or pull on it. I was actually about to complain about them being broken...

The door panel is also a bit cheap. Especially with the molding for the lock knob. Do any model actually still use them?

And this has nothing to do with the car. But aftermarket stuff is sort of scarce thus far. And I'm not talking about engine mods. But just things like a front plate bracket, floor mats, etc. Guess patience is the word here.

As for the car - extremely smile inducing.

That initial sound when you hit the ignition button is exhilarating.

It still makes me chuckle just cycling the drive mode from normal to sport and hear the engine rumble drop an octave or two.

Can't wait to have the opportunity to use the track apps.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm experiencing sone noise in second
goes away when i nudge (press) the shifter to the right?
FYI - putting any pressure on the shifter while the clutch pedal is not depressed is a No No.

Reactions: TDC

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I was doing the same thing. Just covered the area with clear packing tape. Looks a little different but,won't look like crap in a year so worth it to me.
Sponsored