2017 GT350 R
^this has so much win.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know this is a long shot for me because the last mustang I owned were the fox bodies. And I have a Jericho and long v-gate shifter. But I feel that the stock shifter is damn good. It's smooth but also positive feeling. The clutch was said to be hard to get used to by others but I find it excellent. Again I'm coming from a different breed but I like how it feels.
I realize I'm nitpicking - the shifter is fine, but the last Mustang (2015 GT) I had, the MT-82 was better. Significantly. And I drove a 2004 Porsche and learned what a manual transmission should feel like. I understand this is a relatively inexpensive car, but did they have to use a Camaro transmission in it? It's always been one of my nits about the Camaro - the shifter feel sucks. Don't get me wrong, the GT350 version feels better than the Tremecs in the Camaros I've driven recently. I'm just saying it could be better. I would rather have cloth seats and a better shifter / better shifting transmission if I could choose.

I agree with the Ravings, but I am in the minority in that I enjoy the shifter VERY MUCH. I pretty much CAN'T miss a shift. Speakers could be better!
Maybe there's some normal variation in construction from part to part or my being accustomed to daily driving my 2015 is affecting me too much. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get used to it.

1) I wish I were a little bit taller.

2) I wish I were a baller.

3) I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her

...sorry. Flashbacks :D
Very funny! /grammar police/

OP
OP
Bobne

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I've always thought the shifters in Mustangs were poor. I've had nine Mustangs from 1999 on and I replaced the shifter in almost every one of them. I hadn't driven my '13 Boss 25 miles before seeing the need for a different shifter.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I realize I'm nitpicking - the shifter is fine, but the last Mustang (2015 GT) I had, the MT-82 was better. Significantly. And I drove a 2004 Porsche and learned what a manual transmission should feel like. I understand this is a relatively inexpensive car, but did they have to use a Camaro transmission in it? It's always been one of my nits about the Camaro - the shifter feel sucks. Don't get me wrong, the GT350 version feels better than the Tremecs in the Camaros I've driven recently. I'm just saying it could be better. I would rather have cloth seats and a better shifter / better shifting transmission if I could choose.

Maybe there's some normal variation in construction from part to part or my being accustomed to daily driving my 2015 is affecting me too much. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get used to it.

Very funny! /grammar police/
Doh!!! I knew I should have copied and pasted the lyrics from Skee-Lo's website. Wait, those are the lyrics. ;-)

He does have a website, right?

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I am in the like the shifter camp too. I think it is very good for its intended purpose

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Doh!!! I knew I should have copied and pasted the lyrics from Skee-Lo's website. Wait, those are the lyrics. ;-)

He does have a website, right?
I dont see what people complains are with the trans or shifter. I guess I'm old school. If you people want vibrations and noise then I suggest you all drive my fox body with a Jericho dr4 trans with long v gate shifter. It's got straight cut gears and dog rings and to me that music to my ears. I don't mind the vibration or noises muscle and sports cars make. That's what makes them awesome. No offense but the next thing people will be complaining about is the exhaust note. I love car noises. I love the feel of the cars. They talk to you. I don't want a mushy soft old lady with saggy boobs and ass. I want a young, fun, high energy in your face firm boobs and ass car. This car is it!! Guys, do you want a screamer or a boring just lay there kind of woman/car.
Mine? I like screamer and pillow biter....her name? Her name is SHELBY VOODOO!!

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I dont see what people complains are with the trans or shifter. I guess I'm old school. If you people want vibrations and noise then I suggest you all drive my fox body with a Jericho dr4 trans with long v gate shifter. It's got straight cut gears and dog rings and to me that music to my ears. I don't mind the vibration or noises muscle and sports cars make. That's what makes them awesome. No offense but the next thing people will be complaining about is the exhaust note. I love car noises. I love the feel of the cars. They talk to you. I don't want a mushy soft old lady with saggy boobs and ass. I want a young, fun, high energy in your face firm boobs and ass car. This car is it!! Guys, do you want a screamer or a boring just lay there kind of woman/car.
I had a straight cut dog box in my WRX. That was the baddest transmission ever. I could no lift shift 2nd to 3rd gear so hard and chirp all 4 tires.

Most people had no idea what straight cut gears sound like and they thought my car was supercharged. lol

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Insert Deep Purple- "highway star" lyrics

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I love the sound of a straight cut gear box. The sound the feel.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Voodooo you crazy ...man . Sounds like you love your new found 18 year old.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Of all the cars I've had, would you believe the best was in a Civic EX I leased for work travel? Lol. Best short shifter was definitely the 911.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not a big surprise, Honda makes a butter smooth shifting tyranny, from the older 5 speeds to the S2000. I however don't mind a notchy shifter with a heavier feel

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Agree that the shifter is a bit notchy but I don't really even notice it and believe it is just the nuance of the car and I'm not bothered by it. The clutch take up and bite point are perfect! Couldn't be happier with this car.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
And I drove a 2004 Porsche and learned what a manual transmission should feel like
Or maybe not. The stock shifter on my 2004 996tt sucks donkey's bollocks. Most 996tt owners upgrade to 997 or numeric shifters.

The shifter on my old 2011 Mustang GT felt much nicer. If the Shelby is like that one I'll be ok with it.
Sponsored