Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i spoke to the service manger. he was unable to tell me what has been done to the car, what point they are at now, or any useful info.
I was told something similar, about a spring or pin shooting out. It is working great so far… but the whole experience did not give me a lot of confidence lol
well this makes me feel a little better. thanks! Once i get mine back im gonna melt the tires...lol
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I’m not the world’s most eloquent speaker. It’s not about covering for anyone, really. I guess what I meant was there are facts and there are stories. Sounds more like a very frustrated service advisor paraphrasing about the terrible situation the tech is putting the customer and him through. And in his (understandable) frustration, threw everyone under the bus. Gotta stick to the facts and don’t let the frustration get the better of you.

I get it and don’t disagree with you. As a customer I don’t want to be lied to either. But I think in this case it’s also not helpful to anyone to tell the customer that “the guy working on your car has no idea what he is doing and lost parts to who knows where”. The car is already getting bought back, the customer is not going to have to deal with the outcome of this “repair”. Deal with that with management to fix the situation (like get the tech off that job), the customer doesn’t need to know the internal struggles. That’s just adding more stress to an already crappy situation.
it does if you're an advisor/middle man that's fed up with your service guys incompetence and the managers not listening to you and you want to drop hints to the owner just WTF is going on behind the scenes because you can't say "Our guys a moron" but you hate keeping him in the dark with vague updates.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
it does if you're an advisor/middle man that's fed up with your service guys incompetence and the managers not listening to you and you want to drop hints to the owner just WTF is going on behind the scenes because you can't say "Our guys a moron" but you hate keeping him in the dark with vague updates.
i cant get anyone tell to me what exactly is happening with the car...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried talking directly to the manager?
Yes - he is the one that couldnt answer any questions. Just said it may be done today or monday. the ford reep for my case # also doesnt know whats going on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Go down to the dealer and look for yourself.
tried..they wont let me in garage and the doors outside are down.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
all i can get to is where you drop car off - garage is off to side and im not just going to bust in like i own it... its just a mustang and im a peon.. no one cares..

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
all i can get to is where you drop car off - garage is off to side and im not just going to bust in like i own it... its just a mustang and im a peon.. no one cares..
It's your car and they cannot keep you from it. I would indeed roll in there like I own the place. Call the police if they refuse further. Something is fishy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
spoke to dealer...still not done... this car is killing me...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Call the dealer principal up, you can find with Ford dealer name + president Google search. Have a consice brief chat summarizing Sept till now no resolution.

Usually they care.
im not familiar w/that term? is this someone at the dealer? if so... im afraid to say they will/do not care.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's your car and they cannot keep you from it.
I've never had a dealer or any shop not let me in to see the car or to grab something, like a garage door opener. Even with the big "customers not allowed in shop" sign.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I've never had a dealer or any shop not let me in to see the car or to grab something, like a garage door opener. Even with the big "customers not allowed in shop" sign.
i mean i could do that but what would i really get from it? to see my car in pieces?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
i mean i could do that but what would i really get from it?
If it is still in pieces you know you won't get it back soon.

If it's covered in dust you know they have not been working on it.
Sponsored