Rattle update 2018 GT

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
The tech working on the car is the one that gets approval through tech hotline not the service advisor.
Yep, service advisor plays no role here except being your contact person.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
i cant figure it out either, in past Ford either fixed quickly or just pushed me out the door... this was early 2000s though. Buyback was just started today so i dont know what will happen, the tech and dealer has been in constant contact and seem to be really working to resolve. The corp escalation tesh is also involved. The service writer is supposed to send me a list of what they have done, dealer said more was done than last time but didnt know the details. Odd since everything needs approval and i thought that went through service writer. idk.. ill know more at noon today.
So they are not fixing the issue but they want to show they are doing a lot of things..? That supposed to make it OK? What is actually does is show evidence of a lemon that can't be fixed even after throwing a bunch of parts at it.

I'd never drive that car again...buyback time.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
maybe - its not the tick, the tech i rode with said its not like anything hes heard before. Ill know more tomorrow, if what they did fixed it im keeping, otherwise i need to start looking.
I was thinking it could be the 2500 RPM range rattle they all seem to have. Hopefully you get your car sorted as this seems pretty ridiculous in terms of how much stuff has been swapped and the delays caused by that.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I was thinking it could be the 2500 RPM range rattle they all seem to have. Hopefully you get your car sorted as this seems pretty ridiculous in terms of how much stuff has been swapped and the delays caused by that.
i think it is, theres a vid in another post that you can somewhat hear it.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So they are not fixing the issue but they want to show they are doing a lot of things..? That supposed to make it OK? What is actually does is show evidence of a lemon that can't be fixed even after throwing a bunch of parts at it.

I'd never drive that car again...buyback time.
Process started.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Someone please help me understand.... Dealer called - its obviously not done... They are saying a spring shot out of the cam phaser and they need to order more parts.... Does this even make sense to anyone? Ive never heard of this but im not an expert so i am hoping someone on here has seen/heard of this.... Ugh...

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone please help me understand.... Dealer called - its obviously not done... They are saying a spring shot out of the cam phaser and they need to order more parts.... Does this even make sense to anyone? Ive never heard of this but im not an expert so i am hoping someone on here has seen/heard of this.... Ugh...
Yes, there are all sorts of things inside the phaser. So they were monkeying around with the phaser and a spring shot out and disappeared.

At this point it is moot what the reason is.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Seems like the service advisor is not too good at his job or just doesn’t care if that’s what they told you. You should never tell something to a customer that makes the service department look like they have no idea what they are doing, even if it’s true. It causes distrust in the product and store. Just state, “gotta order more parts”. Those are details no one needs. What a Mickey Mouse show.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Seems like the service advisor is not too good at his job or just doesn’t care if that’s what they told you. You should never tell something to a customer that makes the service department look like they have no idea what they are doing, even if it’s true. It causes distrust in the product and store. Just state, “gotta order more parts”. Those are details no one needs. What a Mickey Mouse show.
I actually 100% disagree with you. That's preference. I, and I don't think I'm alone, prefer the upfront and honest answer.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? A good service advisor covers for shitty work done by the service department by lying to customers? You should never tell the customer something that makes the dealership look bad? Are you for real?

I'd rather, I dunno...maybe be told the fucking truth?

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Really? A good service advisor covers for shitty work done by the service department by lying to customers? You should never tell the customer something that makes the dealership look bad? Are you for real?

I'd rather, I dunno...maybe be told the fucking truth?
I’m not the world’s most eloquent speaker. It’s not about covering for anyone, really. I guess what I meant was there are facts and there are stories. Sounds more like a very frustrated service advisor paraphrasing about the terrible situation the tech is putting the customer and him through. And in his (understandable) frustration, threw everyone under the bus. Gotta stick to the facts and don’t let the frustration get the better of you.

I get it and don’t disagree with you. As a customer I don’t want to be lied to either. But I think in this case it’s also not helpful to anyone to tell the customer that “the guy working on your car has no idea what he is doing and lost parts to who knows where”. The car is already getting bought back, the customer is not going to have to deal with the outcome of this “repair”. Deal with that with management to fix the situation (like get the tech off that job), the customer doesn’t need to know the internal struggles. That’s just adding more stress to an already crappy situation.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
well as i figured.. ford wont do the buy back... im fucked... car still broken... ugh.

DevinThompson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I feel your pain. I just got my car back from a cam phaser and vct replacement, all done under warranty thankfully. The car was at the dealer for 6 weeks, no loaner provided. They actually did the whole job twice. They claimed that after the first rebuild, one of the new parts failed upon startup.

So yea, I feel like I’m driving a time-bomb at this point.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain. I just got my car back from a cam phaser and vct replacement, all done under warranty thankfully. The car was at the dealer for 6 weeks, no loaner provided. They actually did the whole job twice. They claimed that after the first rebuild, one of the new parts failed upon startup.

So yea, I feel like I’m driving a time-bomb at this point.
im on the 3rd cam phaser - spring shot out is what they said. this is warranty too. its been there since 9/21. Is your working ok now? im so angry right now... ugh

DevinThompson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I was told something similar, about a spring or pin shooting out. It is working great so far… but the whole experience did not give me a lot of confidence lol
Sponsored

Reactions: Ock