Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Yes, loop that band over the belt and hook the magnet. I apologize if your comment was meant to be sarcastic. My experience is that without that strap the belt is very uncomfortable.
Yes, loop that band over the belt and hook the magnet. I apologize if your comment was meant to be sarcastic. My experience is that without that strap the belt is very uncomfortable.
SO, I LOVE my stang. Can she be improved? Yup! I would like to see a 500 lb. weight reduction, 6 inches narrower and a foot shorter.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
is that what that is for???
sorry no, not sarcastic at all but a genuine question. I thought it might have been for helping put the seat forward but then I put some weight on the loop and it obviously popped straight off so ok not for the seat flip forward. Have completely ignored / forgotten about it til now. I will need to try putting the belt through it see if it's more comfortable, not that's it bad but sometimes it does dig a bit into my neck. Cheers :thumbsup:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
sorry no, not sarcastic at all but a genuine question. I thought it might have been for helping put the seat forward but then I put some weight on the loop and it obviously popped straight off so ok not for the seat flip forward. Have completely ignored / forgotten about it til now. I will need to try putting the belt through it see if it's more comfortable, not that's it bad but sometimes it does dig a bit into my neck. Cheers :thumbsup:
Yeah, that strap gives the belt some extra angle since its mounting point is so far back due to the car being a coupe with super long doors.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
sorry no, not sarcastic at all but a genuine question. I thought it might have been for helping put the seat forward but then I put some weight on the loop and it obviously popped straight off so ok not for the seat flip forward. Have completely ignored / forgotten about it til now. I will need to try putting the belt through it see if it's more comfortable, not that's it bad but sometimes it does dig a bit into my neck.
Just keep in mind that using the strap might cause damage to the seat because of the belt rubbing continuously against it.
That's why some people look for alternatives:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/seat-belt-guides.105823/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/seatbelt-guides.115173/

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Reportedly not on 2018+ cars; ANC is in a different module. You can try it, and find out for yourself. You can reverse it in minutes.

You need a dual-clutch tranny (DCT) for that; can't do it with a torque converter one. Porsches and Ferraris have that too (neutralizes the tranny). But Porsche GT cars have it one better: It actually disengages the clutches, so you can rev the engine too... but also have instant launch control without having to press any buttons.
Not entirely correct. My Evora has a torque converter and pulling both paddles puts it into neutral then pulling the right one puts it in first gear. It depends on the gear control system. In the Evora it is all buttons and not a physical lever. If you could use the paddles to go to neutral with a physical lever it would put it into a conflicting position. With buttons it is no problem.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Take away the powered seats, powered windows, and back up camera. I want the car to be lighter. The base model should be there for people who want the driving experience and the premium for people who just want a Grand Touring car.
The backup camera, aside from not weighing much, is a DOT requirement, AFAIK. However, I agree that it would be nice to have a lightweight (or lighter weight) version, and we could do without the power seats and windows, but then you gotta worry about the engineers going a little crazy and pulling out the carpeting, sound insulation, A/C, radio, and then charging you more for less.

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
This is my second S550 mustang and my biggest complaint is the seat belt and the fact that it comes directly across my neck and irritates me. I am 6'1" and regardless how I adjust my seat
I cant get the top part of the belt that comes across my body not to rub on my neck. Almost ever car has an adjustment up and down for the seatbelt. Has anyone experienced that, and how did you
resolve it?
NM, Saw above posts.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
The backup camera, aside from not weighing much, is a DOT requirement, AFAIK. However, I agree that it would be nice to have a lightweight (or lighter weight) version, and we could do without the power seats and windows, but then you gotta worry about the engineers going a little crazy and pulling out the carpeting, sound insulation, A/C, radio, and then charging you more for less.
I didn't know the backup camera is a DOT requirement now. I learned something new today.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
I have the Recaros and they don't have the magnetic thing to snap the belt to.

Sponsored

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have the Recaros and they don't have the magnetic thing to snap the belt to.
Pictures online show the recaros as having a U shaped retainer instead but I also see some that don’t. Maybe the design changed? I’d guess there’s some after market for it. Either way that would drive me nuts. Without that loop the belt digs into my neck.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
This is the only hook on these Recaros and they server no purpose.

seat.jpg

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I know the belt goes across that but it still runs across my neck and irritates me.
Sponsored