Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have you changed the cabin air filter?
Only 9750 miles on it so far so no. Ford maintenance schedule says do that after every 20K miles. I think I'm finding that I only get the stench in recirc mode, and not when fresh air is flowing in thru the cabin filter.

At some point when things get back to normal I'm gonna definitely want that mode usable, cuz I use it when I'm stuck in traffic.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Only 9750 miles on it so far so no. Ford maintenance schedule says do that after every 20K miles. But note that I'm only seeming to get the stench in recirc mode, and not when fresh air is flowing in thru the cabin filter.

At some point when things get back to normal I'm gonna definitely want my recirc mode usable, cuz I use that when I'm stuck in traffic.
All recirc does is close the door in front of the filter, not sure where the smell mysteriously comes from after that fact. Odd for sure

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Only 9750 miles on it so far so no. Ford maintenance schedule says do that after every 20K miles. I think I'm finding that I only get the stench in recirc mode, and not when fresh air is flowing in thru the cabin filter.

At some point when things get back to normal I'm gonna definitely want that mode usable, cuz I use it when I'm stuck in traffic.
the recirculating pulls intake under the dash. That smell my friend is yo feet! Febreeze floor mat daily

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
With FORScan, it'd take you less than 5 minutes :D. This is how: ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx.
I don’t call having to load a special computer program on a windows computer (that I don’t own), then figure out how to use the program ‘easy’. . It’s also said that disabling the fake noise disables the car’s noise reduction system too. Can’t get a straight answer on that. I’ve decided the best solution is dump it for a GT by next Spring!

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Quite often a smell from the A/C is from stagnant condensation water pooling up in the system somewhere. Check your drains. These cars have drains somewhere, don't they?

Sponsored

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
I would say hood struts are annoying not
Coming stock. I would also wish the car would be able to be started in track mode with the exhaust and be able to hold the paddles in and rev like the c8. The other thing would be the sync system, it’s very good but compared to my friends charger it seems much more integrated with the car and a lot less laggy and I just wish it had something like the performance pages and an easier way to toggle the paddles on and off because holding them doesn’t always turn mine off immediately. Also, the lack of a front camera/ sensor on a 2019 50k sticker car is ridiculous. I understand not having motorized reclining on the seats because it would be annoying to have to do that everytime I have to let someone in the back. Now I love the car I would never trade it for the world but I just wish for would fix these small things

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
My car right now, the worst thing about it would be that I enjoy driving it. For someone who like the beefy sound of a v8 engine more than the less beefy sound of a I4 engine, I really enjoy driving my car, flooring the accelerator pedal and paddle shifting at 6000 rpm on the straights and enjoying going through fun turns with a good race line satisfies me greatly.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Less luxery. Take away the powered seats, powered windows, and back up camera. I want the car to be lighter. The base model should be there for people who want the driving experience and the premium for people who just want a Grand Touring car.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
This is my second S550 mustang and my biggest complaint is the seat belt and the fact that it comes directly across my neck and irritates me. I am 6'1" and regardless how I adjust my seat
I cant get the top part of the belt that comes across my body not to rub on my neck. Almost ever car has an adjustment up and down for the seatbelt. Has anyone experienced that, and how did you
resolve it?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This is my second S550 mustang and my biggest complaint is the seat belt and the fact that it comes directly across my neck and irritates me. I am 6'1" and regardless how I adjust my seat
I cant get the top part of the belt that comes across my body not to rub on my neck. Almost ever car has an adjustment up and down for the seatbelt. Has anyone experienced that, and how did you resolve it?
A couple of options. These look interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/ILIVABLE-Aju...125&sprefix=Mustang+seatbelt+,aps,178&sr=8-12

I have these and they are comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/Covers-Shoul...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P6XHEV3N5DPAY4YXPGJN

Lots of options on Amazon and eBay.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know. To be honest, I don't trust that design. I don't trust that the seatbelt will do its job correctly in a crash.
Will the seatbelt pretensioner still have the same effect and tension the entire seatbelt correctly, over its entire length? A sharp angle in the seatbelt may prevent it from being tensioned uniformly in a fraction of a second.
The lap part of the belt is a bit raised, pulled up by the adjuster. Will it still be able to hold you upside down when the car rolls over? Maybe it will, but can it do it tightly enough so you don't hit the roof with your head? Especially if you're a bit to the tall side and only have two inches of clearance between your head and the roof.
How about the force exerted on your waist in a head-on collision? Normally the seatbelt rests on your chest, but with this adjuster it's moved to your waist. The ribcage is much stronger than the waist.
Personally I wouldn't take the risk. Seatbelt design is the result of decades of evolution. Messing with it could have serious consequences.

These look nice and comfortable, but unless I'm missing something they don't solve the problem. They just make it more bearable.
Even with extra padding you still don't want the seatbelt to press hard on your neck in an accident.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It’s also said that disabling the fake noise disables the car’s noise reduction system too.
Reportedly not on 2018+ cars; ANC is in a different module. You can try it, and find out for yourself. You can reverse it in minutes.

and be able to hold the paddles in and rev like the c8
You need a dual-clutch tranny (DCT) for that; can't do it with a torque converter one. Porsches and Ferraris have that too (neutralizes the tranny). But Porsche GT cars have it one better: It actually disengages the clutches, so you can rev the engine too... but also have instant launch control without having to press any buttons.

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I cant get the top part of the belt that comes across my body not to rub on my neck. Almost ever car has an adjustment up and down for the seatbelt. Has anyone experienced that, and how did you
resolve it?
Are you using the belt loop on the side of the seat? In my experience that magnetic loop solves the issue.