lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If you ever think that betting on red or black in roulette are good odds, just think about your track record of plugging in USB cables.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you ever think that betting on red or black in roulette are good odds, just think about your track record of plugging in USB cables.
True. And not just USB cables. In the '70s I noticed fanfold reports from my mainframe printers had significantly higher rates of cover page being face down. Since any report COULD come out either way, a cover page was always printed that could be folded back in half to reveal the identity of the report if it was face down.

Each day, hundreds of reports with random numbers of pages, many in the hundreds of pages each being spit out in one continuous stream per printer until the box ran dry.

I asked for stats on how many reports were printed on that day and how many pages each was. Almost exactly the same number of reports with an odd or even number of pages. Still that day and the next 6, close to 2/3 came out cover page down requiring some clerk to fold the page in half after separating the reports.

But back to roulette, I never got any thrill from gambling. Been to Vegas several times for track days, conventions, etc.. Never sat down at any table, pulled even a single handle or placed any bet. Only gambling I ever did was low stakes poker with friends just for socializing.

But many many years ago, before I ever heard of on-line gambling, I got a spam grand opening email from a European web site that seemed to really overestimate the stupidity of gamblers.

They offered to match your first purchase of "chips" and only required you to bet all of them at some time before cashing in. I bought $1000 worth (maximum they allowed) with my CC and sure enough I received $2000. If IIRC, I bet enough on zero to break even and split the rest between red and black. One spin and checked out nearly doubling my money. I did sweat them mailing the check until it arrived but figured if they were a scam, would dispute the CC charge for the chips.

They must have realized their mistake because the offer to match the chips changed to a max of like $10 or something when I logged on again an hour later to see if the site was still there.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Your wife can say she loves you more than your dog ever could. But Lock both in the trunk of a car and let's see who's happy to see you when you let them out.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Someone decided that a game involving throwing spiked projectiles at a wall target was best suited for places filled with drunk people.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Being stabbed reduces your chances of dying from cancer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
‘take your dog to work day’. Now your dog knows where you go every day, and thinks you spend all day playing with other dogs.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Try going to a public park with a dog whistle.
Be discreet.
Create anarchy.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
But not for dying from Covid.
Ireland got into trouble for declaring anyone who died and was tested positive for Covid as a Covid related death. Anyone, heart attack, hit by a bus.... :)

Sponsored

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Have you ever wondered why toilet seats in public bathrooms have a gap and the ones we have at home don't?

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Drips

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I owned 7 Camaros, liked Vettes, but all the guys who owned them were old and had gray hair.
Now I can afford a C8, but I too am old and have gray hair, don't fit in Camaros anymore, but love my GT/CS. Still thinking about the C8................................I can't afford a GT500.dang

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmm you do know the average price for C8's sold was $85K or so, if you could find a GT500 at MSRP, it wouldn't be too far off from that price.. I don't think only old guys with gray hair bought Corvettes....but I agree a lot of owners did have gray hair. If you can't fit into a Camaro anymore, you might want to test fit a C8. 😇

I owned 7 Camaros, liked Vettes, but all the guys who owned them were old and had gray hair.
Now I can afford a C8, but I too am old and have gray hair, don't fit in Camaros anymore, but love my GT/CS. Still thinking about the C8................................I can't afford a GT500.dang
Sponsored