Radar Detector Recommendations

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Radenso is coming out with a detector called Theia. It will have artificial intelligence is thought by many detector testers to be the one to have when it comes out this year....

I read that in the rdrforum site. But like any new gizmo I think everyone will get a sticker shock when it comes out. The introductory price is anyone guess. With the Corona shutdown and reduced driving, I don't mind waiting, but given my luck, I'll loose patience and buy the Uniden just before the new Radenso gets introduced.
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
im looking seriously at the v1 gen2 to use alongside jbv1.. but at $500, and initial reviewers pretty much all had issues of some sort and sent their units back for repair. i think i will wait until we make sure that these things are going to last for the long haul, like the gen1 did. plus, with covid-19 and all, its not like i have a choice but to wait. valentine website says they're currently backordered, with expected shipping date for new units in early june. i have no doubt that valentine will make it right, i just dont want to be on the beta test ;)

i been using jbv1 in standalone mode for about a week now, and if i get a warning, which if its less than 10 min or so old, is generally correct. kind of neat to have quasi-protection with no radar detector in the car

i did read about the theia also. i can only imagine how much it will cost. but its got a lot of hype surrounding it. i hope it can rise to the occasion when radenso finally announces it

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I may be way off base here and not knowing about a unit in the area but I'm here to tell ya, that Uniden R3 just works. I never have to even touch it other than a very occasional mute when stopped in traffic.

The Theia or whatever it's called, may very well be the cat's meow but it would have to make me a latte TOO in order to be better than the R3. :-)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've heard the R3 is a great detector and the R7 is even better :)

I may be way off base here and not knowing about a unit in the area but I'm here to tell ya, that Uniden R3 just works. I never have to even touch it other than a very occasional mute when stopped in traffic.

The Theia or whatever it's called, may very well be the cat's meow but it would have to make me a latte TOO in order to be better than the R3. :-)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
It may be, James, but it's a bunch more dough as I recall. Plus, I say again, to be better than the R3, it would have to pump the gas AND pull me a double shot of espresso to be "more better." :-)

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
I'll take Valentine 1 V2 over Uniden every day. The phone app/pairing through the is a masterful.

Best regards,
Dave

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Dave: I bought the phone module for a V1 quite a few years ago and while it was cool, that wore off and I didn't bother with the phone+RD any longer.

I hope V2 does a better job than V1 in terms of false positives. That simply does not happen with the R3.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Dave: I bought the phone module for a V1 quite a few years ago and while it was cool, that wore off and I didn't bother with the phone+RD any longer.

I hope V2 does a better job than V1 in terms of false positives. That simply does not happen with the R3.
Yeah, will be interesting for sure. Last test I saw, is the V1 gen 2 had less false positives than R7, but R3 wasn't in the test, so can't comment on that one.

I'm hoping the GPS/Iphone integration assists in reducing some of that 'noise'.

Best regards,
Dave

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Anyone try the K40? Seems like a ugh end company. Only ones offering built in 360 degree laser protection. Custom install looks like. Would like to know how much it is lol

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Wee: Never heard of that model but to me, 360-degree radar detection merely translates into 360-degree "gotcha" beeps. :-)

My R3 saved me yesterday, that's three in three months. Already paid for itself.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Anyone try the K40? Seems like a ugh end company. Only ones offering built in 360 degree laser protection. Custom install looks like. Would like to know how much it is lol
K40 are very overpriced and perform worse than your typical top detectors and jammers (V1G2, Uniden R3/R7, ALP, etc)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Leroy: I too use Waze on every drive but I wouldn't get after it on Waze alone. When I first started using it, I was amazed at the number of people who report. For once, I'm glad to have happy-fingered young mobile users on the road as I have to believe that's where most of the reports originate. :-)

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
You can't go wrong with any of the latest detectors from Uniden, Passport, Valentine. Radenso is coming out with a detector called Theia. It will have artificial intelligence is thought by many detector testers to be the one to have when it comes out this year. I'm still using my Passport Max 2 and will keep it until the Radenso appears and the normal testing is reviewed.
But Iam guessing that its still worthless against the Laser that Mr. LEO is using predominantly here in my state.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
True, it will alert you right after he has locked on. :) There are such devices as laser shifters if you believe their marketing. I've never had any experience with them.

But Iam guessing that its still worthless against the Laser that Mr. LEO is using predominantly here in my state.
Sponsored