Sponsored

Fuel recommendations / octane booster

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The reason people use methanol is because it is less flammable than gasoline. The flash point for gasoline is -45º F, the flash point of Methanol is 51º F.
The flash point of a chemical substance is the lowest temperature where enough fluid can evaporate to form a combustible concentration of gas.
Yes, you can't inject gas, you could, but foolish. methanol extracts more heat quicker. You can absolutely inject 100% methanol, but again, its flammable hence the addition of water.
You would see higher octane and cooling effects with the 100% methanol, but with everything in life, there is an optimal balance act between price, safety and benefits.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
And who knew that Earl was a CHEMIST! <smiling>

I had methane on the brain, Earl, not methanol...duh.
There is actually an additive thats sold to add to water methanol mix that has nitro methane in it.. I never got that ballsy

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I've never run meth on a stang, but I did I run a 50/50 mix on my supercharged hyundai running 11psi back in the day. From my experience it's a worthwhile, safe, and reliable way to make power and increase octane, and has a lot of benefits that the others have described. Only things I didn't see mentioned were steam cleaning of valves and pistons and the "steam engine effect" from the water.

Side note: I'm not sure if the GT500 will be the same, but on the 350's the owners manual says not to use most kinds of octane boosters.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Limitless Performance and Fabrication is looking for GT500 owners that want to swap to E85 when they get their cars

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I've never run meth on a stang, but I did I run a 50/50 mix on my supercharged hyundai running 11psi back in the day. From my experience it's a worthwhile, safe, and reliable way to make power and increase octane, and has a lot of benefits that the others have described. Only things I didn't see mentioned were steam cleaning of valves and pistons and the "steam engine effect" from the water.

Side note: I'm not sure if the GT500 will be the same, but on the 350's the owners manual says not to use most kinds of octane boosters.
Yes, all in all, a properly i stalled kit is very safe with great benefits.

Most octane additives have MMT or other things not good for the car, plugs and cats
Limitless Performance and Fabrication is looking for GT500 owners that want to swap to E85 when they get their cars
Everyone will offer E85 capabilities
Sponsored