Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Anyone install seats and manage to get the airbag and seatbelt lights to stay off? I have a 21 and I hear it might be different after 17…? Any insight would be appreciated…

I’ve seen the 2.2ohm resistor but for the airbag light, but there’s also the seatbelt sensor and seat position sensor and that liquid pack on the passenger side… I’m trying to find a couple seat wiring harnesses and it’s a PITA…
Sponsored

Shepherd308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Anyone install seats and manage to get the airbag and seatbelt lights to stay off? I have a 21 and I hear it might be different after 17…? Any insight would be appreciated…

I’ve seen the 2.2ohm resistor but for the airbag light, but there’s also the seatbelt sensor and seat position sensor and that liquid pack on the passenger side… I’m trying to find a couple seat wiring harnesses and it’s a PITA…
Aftermarket seats ?

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned

LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in this, thinking of changing my seats as well. Good luck.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I have a passenger seat pressure sensor assembly, bought from EBay for $75.. never installed. I just live with the lights being on.
I can attest to the drivers airbag going off with race seats installed and no sensors.
2652BA1D-A45E-4C59-9031-8F74877AACC4.jpeg

Make me an offer if you are interested in the passenger side bladder assembly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Interested in this, thinking of changing my seats as well. Good luck.
Im impressed with how much more involved it is than I expected…

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
  • Banned
+1 on just living with the dash lights.
I understand this is a deal breaker for some but it saves so much time and headache.
My OCD is already stressed just thinking about the lights

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I have a passenger seat pressure sensor assembly, bought from EBay for $75.. never installed. I just live with the lights being on.
I can attest to the drivers airbag going off with race seats installed and no sensors.

I just ordered the OMP HTE seats for my 2019 Mustang. Looks like you might have the same seat. What size did you get for the passenger side? Since I still have an instructor when I visit a new track and do the occasional ride along, I did a regular size seat for the passenger and a XL for the driver, but I’m considering exchanging the regular and going XL on both sides. What do you think?
also, what all mounting hardware did you end up using?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered the OMP HTE seats for my 2019 Mustang. Looks like you might have the same seat. What size did you get for the passenger side? Since I still have an instructor when I visit a new track and do the occasional ride along, I did a regular size seat for the passenger and a XL for the driver, but I’m considering exchanging the regular and going XL on both sides. What do you think?
also, what all mounting hardware did you end up using?
I installed HTE XL for driver and WRC XL passenger, as they are different seats models the driver is more snugWithout a local shop to take a test fitting that actually had some in stock..! I bought from Amazon.. they had free return shipping and of course no restocking fee, which is common with venders.

I have OMP slider rails, fitted to Planted seat frames with OMPside mount brackets. All work well and install pretty easily.. you’ll need some hardware too for all the bolts (there is plenty)

I also made some belt mounts (6 point) which mount under the planted frame in the rear and bolted directly to the frame on the front. Schroth eyelets directly mounted to the cross plates.

fire away with questions if you have any.
F527F143-FEB8-497A-9C59-32B14F93F3E7.jpeg
856FD9DD-2956-4460-AD82-25166DEF54C8.jpeg

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I ordered the OMP side bracket and the slider, and the bolts, any other hardware needed? I‘ve heard that some folks also use a mounting plate on the floor, then attach the slider and mounts to the plate?
Also, was thinking to do slider on driver side and fix mount the passenger side directly to the floor? What do you think?
lastly, I did the HTE for both so that the passenger / instructor would have equal safety compared to the driver, but it seems like your set-up is more flexible and might work for a wider range of sizes (of people). Other considerations for passenger seat set-up?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
😳😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄😳😳😳😳

I wish I wasn’t as anal as I am…
Pull the bulb. If this is an option It might be the way to go. or a micro switch, if you want the option of the light working again if you ever put the oem seats back and don't want to tear the works apart again to have the light work again. A micro dip switch should be up to the job.
temp.jpg

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5

What's the story with the Air Bag going off? Was it going over track rumble strips? Was it hard braking? Was the anti Crash alarm? Why the hell would the air bags deploy? Just because the seat is not detected? If Mustang (Mach 1, GT350/500 are track cars) Ford had to figure people would replace the seats just like the Ford Performance School cars.

Can someone explain this?

FYI, I found all the past Threads but those are the "Fix" I'm asking, Why did the Air bag deploy? Is it just as simple as the seat is removed and the ECU doesn't like it? Thought it just causes the light to come on, not the Air Bag to pop.
Sponsored

Last edited: