MO1182

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hey guys and gals,

I just picked up an R last week and love it. One thing I’m kind of surprised on is the volume level on the exhaust even with the valves open. I think it sounds great but was expecting a little bit louder. I’ve read aftermarket like Borla and Corsa don’t affect the volume at all more the tone. Just seeing if any R owners has any input on an aftermarket exhaust? I’ve also seen a few just swap our high flow cats but looks very pricey.

thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
New HFC systems are limited production now due to EPA actions. Only one company I am aware of that makes them currently is Fabspeed that can fit OEM system. ($2900 or $3800). If you want to go long tubes then Kooks and Stainless Works make them for their complete systems with LT. Maybe Corsa too. Or search and hope someone puts up for sale a catless pipe system for OEM connections. You may have to tune with any of these systems. Not everyone is clear of CEL’s popping up at any point.
Good luck but the R at 4500 RPMs plus should be good enough.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The Borla ATAK system is a bit louder. I’m super happy with mine. Nothing is gonna be cosmic louder; you’ll only get soo far with stock cats in place. Just how it is.

Sponsored

RRM350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
try driving with the rear seats down (assuming you don't have the factory delete) ;)

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
New HFC systems are limited production now due to EPA actions. Only one company I am aware of that makes them currently is Fabspeed that can fit OEM system. ($2900 or $3800). If you want to go long tubes then Kooks and Stainless Works make them for their complete systems with LT. Maybe Corsa too. Or search and hope someone puts up for sale a catless pipe system for OEM connections. You may have to tune with any of these systems. Not everyone is clear of CEL’s popping up at any point.
Good luck but the R at 4500 RPMs plus should be good enough.
Hey guys and gals,

I just picked up an R last week and love it. One thing I’m kind of surprised on is the volume level on the exhaust even with the valves open. I think it sounds great but was expecting a little bit louder. I’ve read aftermarket like Borla and Corsa don’t affect the volume at all more the tone. Just seeing if any R owners has any input on an aftermarket exhaust? I’ve also seen a few just swap our high flow cats but looks very pricey.

thanks
Please PM me. I have a set of B Line Motorsports "free flowing" mid pipes that connect to the OEM or aftermarket exhaust and headers. I can provide details and pics.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Do what you want, just be aware you’re drawing unwanted attention to yourself not to mention the already mentioned track sound restrictions.
Some have experienced being kicked off track with stock exhaust.
My stock non R is plenty loud and I’m half deaf according to my wife 😉

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Surprised you think it’s too quiet; I suppose you mean inside the cabin? It’s plenty loud, as others have mentioned you’ll exceed track limits. However, if it were me I’d look into 3” piping; don’t know if there’s any off the shelf kits, otherwise have one custom fabbed along with high flow cats.

Are you in NY or CA? I ask this because in NY, they’ve made it illegal, or at least enforcing with a higher fine, changing your exhaust to be louder than stock. The shop that did the work, if you don’t install yourself, can be fined as well. I know in CA they are major ball busters.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I put the Ford Performance exhaust on my R and love it. I wanted a bit louder in “normal” and it is - probably somewhere between normal and sport with the stock R exhaust. The “loud” mode on the Borla is definitely louder and maintains the stock characteristics. I have always mostly driven in normal mode with both exhausts and save sport for being more aggressive.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
Forgot to add that though the red line is 8250 power seemed done by about 7200 which was a bummer to me and the Borla changed that allowing the motor to feel like it's still building power to 8250 That exhaust and a QA1 driveshaft and the motor just snaps to 8250 - as I feel it should.