MO1182

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The GT350R does NOT have resonators. This will not change the volume at all
I know of the no resonators just trying to see if the design and bit more flow change the sound volume at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MO1182

MO1182

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Borla Atak is awesome and is definitely louder.

You don't realize it till you are riding along highway barriers and the sound bounces off.
thats a non R right?

OP
OP
MO1182

MO1182

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You could change the headers. That’s makes it a different tone, and a bit louder. The only other way to make it louder is to remove cats. But then you don’t pass emissions and have CEL issues
def looking at some LTs. Just looking to get some more volume lower rpms around town driving.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
def looking at some LTs. Just looking to get some more volume lower rpms around town driving.

I think I know what you’re after and you cannot get there with this modular motor design. Removing cats is your only option for pure volume.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I know of the no resonators just trying to see if the design and bit more flow change the sound volume at all.
The H will change it. You don’t need to ditch the cats or install long tubes at this point.

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This is what I told him on the first post. The R is the loudest it will come from the factory with no resonators. He can go HFC and pay upwards of $3k or be lucky to find someone selling non catted pipe. Most likely you will throw a CEL and need to tune. Which will delete any warranty coverage on the motor. Others have pointed out in many states you can’t tune any more and get fined when changing any factory exhaust parts.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It will change the tone, not the volume.
A change in tone can be a perceived change in volume to the human ear.
Does the OP really want an increase in measured dB’s or tonal frequency.

I disagree, the H will slightly increase the measured dB’s.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
A change in tone can be a perceived change in volume to the human ear.
Does the OP really want an increase in measured dB’s or tonal frequency.

I disagree, the H will slightly increase the measured dB’s.
OP will need to go long tubes with HFC, or HFC pipe, or catless pipe if he wants more volume. Those are his options. Most likely he will need a tune with these options. Some will say he will not, but not everyone comes clean without any CELs popping up.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Try taking a drive with the windows open, and instead of just having the valves open, have the car set to sport mode. Sport mode with valves open will sound more aggressive that comfort mode with valves open. Also guys, he has an R - as mentioned there are no resonators on the car. As others said, behind the car is LOUD. A cold start will literally rattle windows on houses behind you. Ask my neighbor.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
OP will need to go long tubes with HFC, or HFC pipe, or catless pipe if he wants more volume. Those are his options. Most likely he will need a tune with these options. Some will say he will not, but not everyone comes clean without any CELs popping up.
I ran two sets of "free flowing" mid pipes for three years without a CEL or tune (not required) from both Shifteck and B Line Motorsports. I used the O2 extensions on both with no emissions issues. The resonated B Lines, which I just removed and have for sale, have an extension in the pipe already, but I added an additional set of O2 boxes due to the fact that I heard they were hit and miss on flipping a CEL. Stock headers to stock exhaust and stock headers to Borla Atak on my 2016 TP GT350.

Last edited:

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I ran two sets of "free flowing" mid pipes for three years without a CEL or tune (not required) from both Shifteck and B Line Motorsports. I used the O2 extensions on both with no emissions issues. The resonated B Lines, which I just removed and have for sale, have an extension in the pipe already, but I added an additional set of O2 boxes due to the fact that I heard they were hit and miss on flipping a CEL. Stock headers to stock exhaust and stock headers to Borla Atak on my 2016 TP GT350.
Yes I can acknowledge you did not have CEL’s but that is not everyone. Just because you got lucky does not mean everyone else will be as well. I’ve experienced CEL and not passing emissions for one reason or another. I know plenty of other people that have gone through the same concern. I went to the “best” recommended tuners and still had issues. It is very expensive, time consuming, and a major headache dealing with the emissions office. So to me it was not worth the aggravation and sold the car. Never again will I go catless. This is not even factoring the engine warranty denial if things go wrong. Either don’t do it, tune for no cats, or go HFC’s. I wanted to go HFC, which worked well in the past with other mustangs, but they either fail or I am priced out of the market now.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yes I can acknowledge you did not have CEL’s but that is not everyone. Just because you got lucky does not mean everyone else will be as well. I’ve experienced CEL and not passing emissions for one reason or another. I know plenty of other people that have gone through the same concern. I went to the “best” recommended tuners and still had issues. It is very expensive, time consuming, and a major headache dealing with the emissions office. So to me it was not worth the aggravation and sold the car. Never again will I go catless. This is not even factoring the engine warranty denial if things go wrong. Either don’t do it, tune for no cats, or go HFC’s. I wanted to go HFC, which worked well in the past with other mustangs, but they either fail or I am priced out of the market now.
Just referring to my case which may or may not be the same for everyone. Most tuners will not tune out the CEL for catless mids or catless long tubes.
Sponsored

Last edited: