R Calipers Installed

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I got the R calipers last year Christmas time. I found a ford dealer in New York that shipped them to me with no core charge and for 950 so yea got a sick deal. I have the tools , jack's ,stands ,etc to do it myself however I Don't want to do the bleeding on the brakes as well . My buddy owns a garage and I'm just going to have him do it for less then what I would of paid to get some bleeder equipment off amazon. So it's a win for me . Can't wait to get them on, however I have to wait till spring (hate winter).

One question though what are these caliperflexion studs you guys speak of ,and should I get them as well prior to install ?

Thanks --
20181201_225745.jpg
I'm also interested in seeing if I can snag a deal like that. Could you PM me the dealer contact info by chance?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Exactly the same?? I think not. The R calipers clearly add +5 hp PER CORNER!
Well, technically you’re correct but you gotta read the supplemental guide that comes with the R calipers. It clearly tells you that only kicks in when you run a 60/40 split of 93 octane and unicorn tears. Hahahahah!!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Exactly the same?? I think not. The R calipers clearly add +5 hp PER CORNER!
If you can get by with 10 extra HP, just install them on the driver's side. I don't look at the passenger's side of my car that often, so why bother?

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
So besides getting the studs, is there any other part that wont swap over from the non r caliper to the r caliper ? Or is the caliper itself the only thing you need to swap on ?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So besides getting the studs, is there any other part that wont swap over from the non r caliper to the r caliper ? Or is the caliper itself the only thing you need to swap on ?
Same caliper, different color. Everything is interchangeable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If you guys want to see how it turned out along with the Anderson Composite R Wing, please feel free to check out my instagram @xNoXiDe

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Click here for my caliperfexion install notes.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The Caliperfexion studs are just that, studs. Instead of using the bolts, which according to Caliperfexion are one time use, you remove the bolts and install these studs.
JR
For the record, it’s Ford that says they’re one time use.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Correct, if you read the manual for the brake pad installation. Ford states to throw them away.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that Caliperfexion was attempting to drum up business, just that their website states that the bolts are one-time use.

JR

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if ill get them special caliperfexion bolts or not. Sure there purrttty and all but fact of the matter for me is my car is a daily driver three out of four seasons a year and a pure enjoyment car for mainly back roads and highways. I do not track the car or drag the car. My brakes will last some time and to buy these for brake changes well.......it really doesn't make sense in my situation. Brake pad changes will happen how many times for me ? Um yeah .....
That and there stupidly over priced. Another company taking advantage of the consumer. They should be a quarter the price.
And no penny pincher here by any means - very well off, just about principal for me .

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Speaking of the record, here's how Ford says that they're one time use - it's sign language but it couldn't be clearer:

GT350 Caliper bolt toss.JPG

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that Caliperfexion was attempting to drum up business, just that their website states that the bolts are one-time use.

JR
Exactly. Point being, Caliperfexion is pointing out Ford's recommendation in that the caliper bolts are supposed to be one time use.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don't know if ill get them special caliperfexion bolts or not. Sure there purrttty and all but fact of the matter for me is my car is a daily driver three out of four seasons a year and a pure enjoyment car for mainly back roads and highways. I do not track the car or drag the car. My brakes will last some time and to buy these for brake changes well.......it really doesn't make sense in my situation. Brake pad changes will happen how many times for me ? Um yeah .....
That and there stupidly over priced. Another company taking advantage of the consumer. They should be a quarter the price.
And no penny pincher here by any means - very well off, just about principal for me .
It sounds to me like you don't actually need them. These studs are a tool, not a decoration, even though they are quite decorative. They make sense for those of us who change pads every week or two through the summer, but if you're only changing brake pads when they're worn out, it's probably not worth it.

As for the pricing, they'd probably be less expensive if the market was buying 1000's of them a week, but it's a niche product that was expensive to develop, that uses expensive materials and machining techniques and where only a few thousand will be sold over the lifetime of the product.

For what they're made for, there's nothing better at any price.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tob is Tob. However he is not a troll. He can be annoying sometimes in how he will bicker over the smallest details (kinda like my lawyer wife), but he is 99.9% of the time correct (kinda like my lawyer wife). He is a very well respected member here and a mod on another site.

I am thankful for the caliperfexion studs that his wife designed and manufactured. I use them and they make my life easier. Thank you Mrs epiphany!

I’d suggest you chalk this up to a misunderstanding and move on.

Congrats on the R calipers.
Sponsored