Sponsored

R Calipers Installed

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey all,

Question, I had an appointment for tomorrow for Ford's service department to work on the R caliper installation (not under warranty) and trim (warranty covered) and they called to let me know the recalls for their other models have pushed stuff behind and the workload is terrible for them atm. They asked if we could move the work to another day and it would be next month the 4th of January. They did offer that the QuickLane which is next door and somewhat associated with Ford to install the calipers.

My question is would you allow QuickLane to do the brake/caliper installation or would you wait until the 4th of January when Ford's service team can install it themselves?
Sponsored

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
It's not rocket science, but then again.....I would wait.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Personally wouldn't let Quicklane touch it. They're typically the least experienced techs and everything in their business model is built for speed. Not a good combo.

Do you have any local buddies? Swapping calipers is a pretty quick and painless endeavor!

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well, my thought process was if there are any issues with it versus using my local automotive performance shops that have done coil installs and intercooler swaps and etc is that if QuickLane doesn't do a good job then their still associated/recommended by the ford dealership so I'd have some leverage. Including if they knick the caliper during install which I will thoroughly inspect the car before it's dropped / the wheels are back on. That's my only condition that I'd let them install it.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well, my thought process was if there are any issues with it versus using my local automotive performance shops that have done coil installs and intercooler swaps and etc is that if QuickLane doesn't do a good job then their still associated/recommended by the ford dealership so I'd have some leverage. Including if they knick the caliper during install which I will thoroughly inspect the car before it's dropped / the wheels are back on. That's my only condition that I'd let them install it.
But you're risking a huge potential headache from folks not know what they're doing. Keep in mind, quicklane are the ones not tightening down oil filters, using the wrong oil, only putting 8 quarts in, etc..

I'd personally do it myself so I could verify everything. If you're not comfortable doing that, this is an extremely easy job for a decent performance shop.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
My 1,000 mi first oil change was performed in the Quicklane side of my dealer. When I got home I think 2 quarts of belly-pan trapped old oil leached out onto my garage floor.
Just sayin'

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
My 1,000 mi first oil change was performed in the Quicklane side of my dealer. When I got home I think 2 quarts of belly-pan trapped old oil leached out onto my garage floor.
Just sayin'
Same here and spent a couple of hours cleaning everything up after that.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I rescheduled although it painfully hurts me to wait another 2 weeks when I initially waited several weeks before. I only want FORD touching it though.

Last edited:

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Do it yourself for the joys and right of passage you will get doing your own mods. I would understand if the avg. person didnt want to tear into the eng. or something like that . But for bolt on's You got to try it yourself.

Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Strangely it hasn’t been said yet, but you can also get the Caliperfexion studs installed, your dealer will never think of them. The R calipers are a glossy red coat worth about 3 hp, but the studs are a huge time savings when you start swapping the pads.

I’m a little less paranoid than most about dealers, but I don’t want them touching my oil, fluids or brakes.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Strangely it hasn’t been said yet, but you can also get the Caliperfexion studs installed, your dealer will never think of them. The R calipers are a glossy red coat worth about 3 hp, but the studs are a huge time savings when you start swapping the pads.

I’m a little less paranoid than most about dealers, but I don’t want them touching my oil, fluids or brakes.
Yeah I'm going to have them install the Caliperfexion Studs as well too. However, I'm disappointed that I didn't buy the sleeves which I guess now I still got time but I also realized they don't fit in the rear so... my interest was slightly lost in the sleeves.

What are the calipers going for now?
It costed $1597 with no labor. Probably 2 grand out the door. This is not the core exchange either so I plan to sell the brembo calipers off the GT350 for around $800 which is what a most recent sale by another owner received.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You'll rarely have to service the rears in comparison to the fronts if you track frequently or for whatever reason are hard on pads. You couldn't use a sleeve out back anyway due to the non-radial mount out back. Plus the rear calipers are fairly small in comparison to the rather large and heavy front calipers and it is easy enough to hang them out of the way when you do need to work on them.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah I'm going to have them install the Caliperfexion Studs as well too.
Uuugggg....that makes my skin curl thinking about you letting the jiffy lube place install these. Attention to detail...make sure they clean out the threads in the knuckle very very good. That junk left in there can influence the caliperfexion stud not torquing/bottoming out as designed.
Sponsored