Sponsored

Ford Performance needs to offer a dealer installed supercharger kit for the GT350

kip1456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT Prem Conv
If Ford Performance would offer a dealer installed supercharger kit for all the new gt350’s setting on dealer lots, might help sell them off. Possibly a kit based on the Whipple gen 5 reasonably priced to be dealer installed on new cars before delivery to customer. 700 to 800 hp with a full warranty for an additional 12 to 15k in front of the manual 6 speed. I bet that would make that inventory disappear pretty quickly. Am I just dreaming crazy or would this work? My local dealer has a new gt350 I would buy tomorrow if this was available.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
It may attract more young buyers, IDK. But for me personally, I wouldn't buy GT350 if it wasn't as it is with NA engine and MT. I would rather look at BMW M3 or M4 with MT, they all now twin turbos.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
It would compete against the GT500 sales.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If your looking for a hp number just buy a GT and add the Whipple. Or just by a GT500.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Voodoo is not built for FI, would be a warranty nightmare.

High compression ratios + FI is a ticking time bomb without some serious engine work.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

High compression ratios + FI is a ticking time bomb without some serious engine work.
kevin, seems like if the fuel needs are addressed, as well as the oil pump+crank gears to billet, tons of guys are running blowers left and right on the voodoo. maybe keep the boost at reasonable levels and ford could viably offer this.

or maybe it isnt worth their time lol

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

Exactly. Not gonna happen. When the Focus RS first came out Ford Performance insinuated there would be tunes and power upgrades available via dealer networks (like the Focus ST). Then the head gasket issues happened and Ford cut off warrantied performance upgrades. I just don’t see Ford (or a third party) warrantying FI on the 350.

OP
OP

kip1456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT Prem Conv
The soul of this car is Naturally Aspirated. Doesn’t need anything, IMHO.
I read on here somewhere that one of the upgrades in 2019 in the gt350 engine was that it was built to stand either 11 or 13 psi Forced induction. Is that correct? I live in NW Ohio and gt350’s are plentiful. My local dealer has been trying to sell me one at invoice minus holdback. We did a search and the nearest 100 dealers from me has 84 2019 models available and 21 of them are available at invoice or less. There is also 66 2020 available in the same area for a total of 150 at 100 dealers for an average of 1.5 per dealer. If you do a search you can find several for under 60k and even a gt350r for 67k. If your area is over msrp you should start looking up here.

Sponsored

Deleted member 37397

I read on here somewhere that one of the upgrades in 2019 in the gt350 engine was that it was built to stand either 11 or 13 psi Forced induction. Is that correct? Quote]

Maybe it was I’m not sure. My point is they built this car the way they did for an intended purpose. It’s unique. It’s a track car, I’m sure it’s a lot of fun with more power. I like mine the way it is. Now they built a gt500. So to me if you want forced induction go that route. the cost of forced induction plus voiding warranty on a $20k motor doesn’t seem worth it to me but if that’s the route you want to take that’s up to you.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
kevin, seems like if the fuel needs are addressed, as well as the oil pump+crank gears to billet, tons of guys are running blowers left and right on the voodoo. maybe keep the boost at reasonable levels and ford could viably offer this.

or maybe it isnt worth their time lol
The CR is fairly high, so you'll only be able to run low, low boost. A supercharger requirs changing the harmonic balancer, which was developed specifically to handle the secondary vibrations of the Voodoo. Remove that and you're now fighting more vibrations. I know a few who have snapped crank snouts doing this.

IMHO, it's just not worth all the risk. An N/A motor is hard enough to keep going :)

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
Ticking time bomb here, 11 lbs on a procharger with opg and cs. Would do it again, these cars like boost and e85. I wouldnt think it wise for Ford factory offering though with the aftermarket availability and as others have pointed out, competing with their gt500. I know I'm not the only one smiling at some of the comments you will read on here though. :like:
Sponsored