OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Uuugggg....that makes my skin curl thinking about you letting the jiffy lube place install these. Attention to detail...make sure they clean out the threads in the knuckle very very good. That junk left in there can influence the caliperfexion stud not torquing/bottoming out as designed.
I rescheduled with Ford's service department instead Galaxy. If I'm going to let QuickLane do it, I rather get a local buddy of mine to help me install it ourselves. The only reason I'm not addressing it myself is that I'm concerned Ford may have missed out on a component to order for the swap and if that's the case at least it's at Ford and they have stuff like that on hand versus me finding out during the install and getting stuck or having to revert back. The other reason is I've read to much on the master cylinder getting damaged from improper bleeding that I don't really want to try it.

However, I do want to track the car soon. Is it true that you have to bleed it every time your at the track? I'm comfortable now swapping wheels/tires since I installed the gorilla lug nuts. OEM lug nuts were a nightmare itself.
Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I got the R calipers last year Christmas time. I found a ford dealer in New York that shipped them to me with no core charge and for 950 so yea got a sick deal. I have the tools , jack's ,stands ,etc to do it myself however I Don't want to do the bleeding on the brakes as well . My buddy owns a garage and I'm just going to have him do it for less then what I would of paid to get some bleeder equipment off amazon. So it's a win for me . Can't wait to get them on, however I have to wait till spring (hate winter).

One question though what are these caliperflexion studs you guys speak of ,and should I get them as well prior to install ?

Thanks --
20181201_225745.jpg

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I got the R calipers last year Christmas time. I found a ford dealer in New York that shipped them to me with no core charge and for 950 so yea got a sick deal. I have the tools , jack's ,stands ,etc to do it myself however I Don't want to do the bleeding on the brakes as well . My buddy owns a garage and I'm just going to have him do it for less then what I would of paid to get some bleeder equipment off amazon. So it's a win for me . Can't wait to get them on, however I have to wait till spring (hate winter).

One question though what are these caliperflexion studs you guys speak of ,and should I get them as well prior to install ?

Thanks --
20181201_225745.jpg
Jeez, those calipers are gorgeous.

The Caliperfexion studs are just that, studs. Instead of using the bolts, which according to Caliperfexion are one time use, you remove the bolts and install these studs. The studs thread into the knuckle, caliper goes on studs, and nut at the top holds them down. If you swap pads often, like you would doing track days, you'll be pulling the calipers fairly often, and going through a lot of bolts at $8 apiece ($32 per pad change, before shipping).

https://caliperfexion.net/shop?olsPage=products/17-4ph-stainless-stud-kit

JR

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
D9AC2AD1-D6C0-44F5-ADFC-8E3D22E97D0D.jpeg
1B5D1E50-D53D-45C0-9458-4545B3B9ABDC.jpeg
Even if you’re not doing track days and don’t r&r calipers often, they’re gorgeous and will look amazing with those new shiny red calipers. Then the next time you remove the calipers for any reason, you’ll be sooo glad you did. This was literally one of my very first mods.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Well, my thought process was if there are any issues with it versus using my local automotive performance shops that have done coil installs and intercooler swaps and etc is that if QuickLane doesn't do a good job then their still associated/recommended by the ford dealership so I'd have some leverage. Including if they knick the caliper during install which I will thoroughly inspect the car before it's dropped / the wheels are back on. That's my only condition that I'd let them install it.
I have some friends who think the same way. They just want someone else to be responsible if things aren't right and on the surface, that sounds reasonable. The reality is, most of the time they take their cars somewhere, something gets messed up - sometimes to the point where it will never be the same...and then the ask of them fixing what they messed up is a huge headache. If you have the capability to do it or a good performance shop that you trust, I'd go that route.

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's been installed. Took 2 1/2 weeks since Ford sent them 3 bad calipers each time (passenger front caliper) and it took the fourth time to make sure it had no chips or anything on it. Sad but whatever, no longer have to deal with that headache and on the plus side it looks amazing. Well worth the patience it took to not blow a fuse.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
It's been installed. Took 2 1/2 weeks since Ford sent them 3 bad calipers each time (passenger front caliper) and it took the fourth time to make sure it had no chips or anything on it. Sad but whatever, no longer have to deal with that headache and on the plus side it looks amazing. Well worth the patience it took to not blow a fuse.
Post pic!!

TexBB

'18 GT350 Leadfoot Grey
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, chassis J0859

Thanks --
20181201_225745.jpg
Was your deal a 'one off' deal with the dealer or do you think they'd be willing to do it again? I would love to get the deal you got. If possible please forward me dealer contact info.

Thx

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, those calipers are gorgeous.

The Caliperfexion studs are just that, studs. Instead of using the bolts, which according to Caliperfexion are one time use, you remove the bolts and install these studs. The studs thread into the knuckle, caliper goes on studs, and nut at the top holds them down. If you swap pads often, like you would doing track days, you'll be pulling the calipers fairly often, and going through a lot of bolts at $8 apiece ($32 per pad change, before shipping).

https://caliperfexion.net/shop?olsPage=products/17-4ph-stainless-stud-kit

JR
Thank you very much for the info man. I will definitely get these.

Sponsored

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
D9AC2AD1-D6C0-44F5-ADFC-8E3D22E97D0D.jpeg
1B5D1E50-D53D-45C0-9458-4545B3B9ABDC.jpeg
Even if you’re not doing track days and don’t r&r calipers often, they’re gorgeous and will look amazing with those new shiny red calipers. Then the next time you remove the calipers for any reason, you’ll be sooo glad you did. This was literally one of my very first mods.
Thanks for the info and pictures my man - they look great and I'm going to grab a set. Anymore tips please feel free to shoot them over to me.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Was your deal a 'one off' deal with the dealer or do you think they'd be willing to do it again? I would love to get the deal you got. If possible please forward me dealer contact info.

Thx
Private message sent !

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't R and GT350 calipers essentially the same other than color?