Sponsored

Quick Workaround for Dust

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
You must have missed the "done with reasonable quality kit" in my first post ... :wink: :like:

Forget the 'foam bubble gun' that you get chucked in free with your jet washer and get something better. The foam should be more like 'runny shaving foam' rather than 'bubble bath'.

If I don't rinse all the foam off the cobbles under my car and we don't get any rain, it can still sat in the gaps 24 hours later :like:

WD :like:
i also have one of those bubble guns cause the foam I get is nothing like you describe lol. More shopping for me, sigh
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Vlad: Living in an agricultural part of Texas, I am very familiar with "tilling dirt." Fortunately, those particles are typically heavier than yours as gravity pulls them out of the air pretty quickly.

As for the foam, it's a two-fisted fight. Yes, you need a good foam cannon with a proper nozzle but, IMHO, it's really about the pressure washer. Many electric portables just can't provide the pressure needed for good foam. Been there, done that.

If it were me, I would try to remedy the situation by first getting a cannon from Obsessed Garage. That is the one I used in the photo. If you still aren't able to produce good foam, the only factor not addressed would be the pressure washer.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
i also have one of those bubble guns cause the foam I get is nothing like you describe lol. More shopping for me, sigh
Mines nothing fancy :

1622023895909.png

But I didn't have a lot of UK based options when I bought it about 10 years ago ... lol

I would prefer something with a shorter fatter bottle (only because it's unstable sat on my drive), but I am a tight arse so I will only replace it when it dies which its refusing to do, maybe I will have to leave it out on the drive so the misses runs over it ... :giggle:

For the UK guys, this was the kit I originally bought : https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/product/snow-foam-lance-magifoam-kit/ but it looks like they might have made some changed to the gun.

I am now using bilt hamber autofoam - less thick / less clingy than the above option but I think it has better cleaning ability :like:

Even Halfords sell a guns now from their own brand and also Autoglym (but I cant vouch for its performance) : https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...utoglym-polar-blaster-snow-foamer-393278.html

WD :like:

Edited to add after reading KB's post above - For reference I am using a Nilfisk e140 washer (140 bar 500L per hour)

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not been that long since I've had access to an outside tap for washing a car - living in a flat didn't afford such luxuries of outside taps and 500 ft hoses and the locals would have nicked it anyway! I sadly then on my new found (rental property) options for an outside tap bought a Karcher which works with nothing else or costs a fortune to get one that does match. The car gets by, until i move again and its papped out into the driveway and gets washed by the rain daily

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Perhaps this would be case ideal for Water-less / Rinse-less washing.

Something like Optimum No Rinse / ONR would be a great start for this. The idea is to lubricate the surface with product and wiping clean, flipping towel/s as you go. This method allows for quick cleaning without using water and all the time associated with hoses/buckets/power cords/pressure washers.

Have watch of a few Youtube videos to get a feel for it. Methods for rinse-less washing varies.

https://theragcompany.com/collectio.../products/optimum-no-rinse-wash-and-shine-onr
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/shampoos-washes/products/optimum-no-rinse-rinseless-wash

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Perhaps this would be case ideal for Water-less / Rinse-less washing.

Something like Optimum No Rinse / ONR would be a great start for this. The idea is to lubricate the surface with product and wiping clean, flipping towel/s as you go. This method allows for quick cleaning without using water and all the time associated with hoses/buckets/power cords/pressure washers.

Have watch of a few Youtube videos to get a feel for it. Methods for rinse-less washing varies.

https://theragcompany.com/collectio.../products/optimum-no-rinse-wash-and-shine-onr
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/shampoos-washes/products/optimum-no-rinse-rinseless-wash
+1 on the waterless wash or "quick detailer"

I have used similar products a few times with excellent results when using water was out of the question. There is little to no chance of scratching the clearcoat. Have a pile of microfiber towels on hand. You want to change them as they get dirty.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wow, that waterless wash looks like a really interesting idea! :shock:
I see the Optimum No Rinse is available locally. I'll give it a try.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wow, that waterless wash looks like a really interesting idea! :shock:
I see the Optimum No Rinse is available locally. I'll give it a try.
I don't do a lot of water-less watering, it doesn't really fit my process, but it would be perfect for what you have in mind.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
DFB: No doubt there are situations like this where you simply can't wash the vehicle normally. Where I am and no doubt where you are, it's probably not something we will ever need to do. That said, I have been wiping mine off when they're only dusty or VERY slightly dirty with a towel rung out in a bucket of very diluted soap and minimal pressure, for decades.

Problem is, you'd go through half a bottle in one wash and it would take at the very least thirty minutes to do a normal size vehicle. You would also go through quite a few MF towels.

Forget wheels, obviously, and there would still be dirt in all the nooks and crannies.

So I definitely have sympathy for those who have no other choice as I would consider this a last resort only method.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Problem is, you'd go through half a bottle in one wash and it would take at the very least thirty minutes to do a normal size vehicle. You would also go through quite a few MF towels.

Forget wheels, obviously, and there would still be dirt in all the nooks and crannies.
ONR is designed to be diluted, so that bottle I linked will go a very long way.

Dilution rates from OG -

"The Cap on the bottle is equal to 1/2 an ounce

Pre-Soak Spray -
Mix 4 Caps of ONR in a 32oz Spray Bottle

Rinseless Wash -
Mix 1 Cap of ONR for every gallon of water for use as a Rinseless Wash

Clay Lube
Mix 1 Cap of ONR per 32oz bottle."

For the OP, this video is a pretty good guide to water-less washing.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
First off that looks likes the car was parked wet, and those are water/dust spots dried.

If that is the case when you get home from wet roads, hose down the car before parking it.

You have a good wax job, very simple.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I received the ONR today and gave it a try. I love it. The car is nice and clean after ten minutes. This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. :like:
It won't replace the regular foam+pressure wash (in fact, I intend to get a better foam and gun soon), but for this kind of situations it's perfect.
Thank you! :beer:
Sponsored