Sponsored

Quick Workaround for Dust

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Keep in mind the soap and ratio of water mix in the foam cannon bottle makes a big difference also. There is a youtube video where 7 or 8 canons are evaluated against each other. The $30 cannon was almost as good as the $100 cannon using the same soap and mixture ratio. Oh and I use the ONR or Xpel No-rinse and both work great.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
James: My cannon from OG doesn't appear to be soap/water ratio-sensitive. I wag a few ounces, fill with water, agitate to mix things up, and go. I've yet to measure anything and I get super thick foam. This has worked with two or three different brands of soap, too.

I also foam the wheels and tires with Brake Buster liquid and a pinch of water, using a second cannon bottle. It foams just like the regular soap and REALLY helps cleaning the wheels. I got this tip from an OG car wash video where I saw Matt using a second cannon bottle with wheel cleaner.

Now, I do have very soft water at the house and I'm sure that helps. Hard water definitely reduces foaming. Finally, I stand by my original comment that the pressure washer itself is integral to the quality of the foam.

That said, for some cannons getting it just right may matter. I'm gonna look for that review clip, thanks for the info.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You're screwed, it has to be washed (or rinseless washed). I deal with this ALL THE TIME here in northern Utah. West of Salt Lake is a flat desert and the bonneville salt flats. Especially with dry years, storms pull up a ton of dust as they travel east, then it rains as it ascends over the mountains just 2 miles east of my house. Result = mud rain, exactly like what you have pictures of. It's infuriating really.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
James: Found the cannon clip. Well done comparison of the products on the market. No surprise that the most expensive "MTM" gun, (OG's setup,) won the contest. Even so, virtually all the other competitors created a more than acceptable thick, sticky foam. His best showing might have been a little better than what I get and he was using the same PW as I.

But, I did pick up a few tips and some of those changed my procedure. I'm going to start measuring both water and soap. Second, I'm going to use warm/hot water in the cannon which allegedly helps.

Finally, and perhaps the most important factoid was that the number one factor in the foam equation is how hard or soft your water is. Probably explains why I have been able to generate great foam without worrying about the soap/water ratio.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
James: Found the cannon clip. Well done comparison of the products on the market. No surprise that the most expensive "MTM" gun, (OG's setup,) won the contest. Even so, virtually all the other competitors created a more than acceptable thick, sticky foam. His best showing might have been a little better than what I get and he was using the same PW as I.

But, I did pick up a few tips and some of those changed my procedure. I'm going to start measuring both water and soap. Second, I'm going to use warm/hot water in the cannon which allegedly helps.

Finally, and perhaps the most important factoid was that the number one factor in the foam equation is how hard or soft your water is. Probably explains why I have been able to generate great foam without worrying about the soap/water ratio.

So ya keeping that link a secret......?....... They name streets after folks like that ..........
Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 8.05.19 AM.png
<GRIN>

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
KB, glad you were able to get some positive use out of the video. I have a middle-of-the-road cannon and for a year, I thought that is why my suds were mostly liquid. After stumbling upon the video, I emptied out the bottle (I had way too much wash detergent in it) and mixed it and agitated, as he suggested and low and behold I was suddenly getting the nice thick suds.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@kilobravo - Only measure out once, then mark your bottle with a soap and water line :like:

WD :like:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Only measure out once, then mark your bottle with a soap and water line
Copy all, WD and you must be telepathic because I did just that, TODAY.

Weather guessers were calling for a ninety percent chance of precip and since I love to wash a vehicle in warm rain, I got out the gear and gave my favorite girl six hours of serious love. A coat of Bead Maker for her bod and wheels then did all the external vinyl, engine bay vinyl and smooth rubber with 303. That took a bit. Finally, I tried some of the recommended stainless polish on the tips. (I used a Brillo pad on 'em, first.) They came out pretty nice for not too much elbow grease.

1622325064948.png

I couldn't help but smile when I started blowing the car off with the Master Blaster. That thing combined with a ceramic coating is the bees' knees. The damn water just rolls off in seconds.

Time to hit the showers before it gets dark.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone but do give some quiet time to our fallen comrades and, fly the flag if you can. :cool:

1622325338782.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Weather guessers were calling for a ninety percent chance of precip and since I love to wash a vehicle in warm rain, I got out the gear and gave my favorite girl six hours of serious love. A coat of Bead Maker for her bod and wheels then did all the external vinyl, engine bay vinyl and smooth rubber with 303. That took a bit. Finally, I tried some of the recommended stainless polish on the tips. (I used a Brillo pad on 'em, first.) They came out pretty nice for not too much elbow grease.

1622325064948.png

I couldn't help but smile when I started blowing the car off with the Master Blaster. That thing combined with a ceramic coating is the bees' knees. The damn water just rolls off in seconds.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone but do give some quiet time to our fallen comrades and, fly the flag if you can. :cool:

1622325338782.png

KB,
Check out White Diamond for the stainless. Also very good for alum, not for chrome .

Grab a pack of cotton sport socks from Walmart, put one on like a glove. Wet a quarter size spot, wipe on, haze buff.

Sport socks are very handy for cleaning all kind of things, think interior.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

1622325064948.png

1622325338782.png
A six hour session, well done!

Have a look into some CarPro DLUX or similar for the unpainted black plastics. 303 basically needs application after each wash, DLUX is a once a year thing, probably more on garage queens.

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6874.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
DFB: I wonder, is there any car detailing product that CarPro DOESN'T make? <chuckling>

I will definitely have a look and while I don't do 303 but once every couple months, having a longer lasting product for the vinyl would be most excellent...many thanks.

RR: So, I got some German Simichrome based on a recommendation but I wondered about it yesterday, i.e., would it work on SS rather than chrome? It did but I'mma thinking the White Diamond is more better for the tips. I see it's available at Wally World, too. I'll pick some up.

Socks sound like a good idea, thanks for that, too.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know 303 is hard to beat, marine tested, will have a look at the CarPro DLUX ............. interesting.
Sponsored