Sponsored

Questions about Kooks install.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Where did you attach the engine hoist from? I was about to lift from where the trans meets the motor until I seen the 2 lines that run across where I need to lift from. If I have to go buy an engine cradle from HF I will. I was hoping not to have to remove the steering shaft. I am about to remove the rest of the exhaust here in a bit & stop after the removal of the starter. I already have the car in the air. Thanks for your input.
I used a cradle... the alternator bolt and an open hole on the pass side... lifted one side at a time about 5-6". When I say lifted... I supported the motor with the cradle (both motor mounts removed)... I just never lifted both sides at the same time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I used a cradle... the alternator bolt and an open hole on the pass side... lifted one side at a time about 5-6". When I say lifted... I supported the motor with the cradle (both motor mounts removed)... I just never lifted both sides at the same time.
Right on, thank you. I will make a trip to HF tomorrow to see if they have a cradle in stock. I was gonna lift it from the trans bell but them 2 lines are in the way since it's an auto.

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Starter, motor mounts have to come off. The manifold studs it will save youba lot of time if you just crack the nuts loose then jump to removing the studs. A 1/4 socket will work on the end of those studs. And you will need every combonof wrench possible. Stubby swivel heads, ect. A lot of times you will only get a 1/16 of a turn at a time. Wasnt hard just time consuming. Took me about 13 hours over 3 days after work but it was the first time ever doing headers
I'll probably take that long as well & maybe more. I'm in no hurry. I just hope I don't get a check engine light. Won't be getting a tune just yet.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You’re braver than I. Good luck and in for the AAR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'll probably take that long as well & maybe more. I'm in no hurry. I just hope I don't get a check engine light. Won't be getting a tune just yet.
I got the CEL within 20mins of driving... I replaced the O2 sensor thinking I got anti-seize on them, and cleared the codes a few times just to have the CEL come back on. I bought a JLT CAI and had it tuned...

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I got the CEL within 20mins of driving... I replaced the O2 sensor thinking I got anti-seize on them, and cleared the codes a few times just to have the CEL come back on. I bought a JLT CAI and had it tuned...
I'm trying to add as much as possible with out having to tune it. Only reason I want with catalytic converters.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm trying to add as much as possible with out having to tune it. Only reason I want with catalytic converters.
I have the green cats.... that was an attempt to make the CEL go away... I'd be surprised if you don't have the same problem I did. good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have the green cats.... that was an attempt to make the CEL go away... I'd be surprised if you don't have the same problem I did. good luck!
Same here. Well at least now I'll know what's coming lol. Thanks for the heads up.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
You will. Not right away though. Think it took a few miles. It will be from the rear cat sensors (unless you have green cats) those just check the health of your cats. But your fueling will be off as well. Good way to hurt your car if you are hard on the gas.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Right on, thank you. I will make a trip to HF tomorrow to see if they have a cradle in stock. I was gonna lift it from the trans bell but them 2 lines are in the way since it's an auto.
I used Arnold's encyclopedia of body building and a jack on the bell housing.

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You will. Not right away though. Think it took a few miles. It will be from the rear cat sensors (unless you have green cats) those just check the health of your cats. But your fueling will be off as well. Good way to hurt your car if you are hard on the gas.
I went with the green cats but figured I would get a cel out of it. No biggie, I'll take it easy on the car in the mean time.

OP
OP
Cordero1

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I used Arnold's encyclopedia of body building and a jack on the bell housing.
Yeah now that I removed the 2 nuts holding the 2 lines that run across the bell housing face I got a little more room to play with. Honestly having a harder time unplugging that damn co2 harness up on top so far lol.
Sponsored