Kooks Longtube install finished...

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I’m currently taking my manifolds off as well. Took me about 2.5hrs n had DS off and all nuts off pass side. Just have to pull pass side studs now I guess. My stainless power headers won’t be here till tomorrow but wanted to get a jump on it. Hope to not have to pull all studs... but once the manifold is off I’m gonna throw in the qa1 carbon DS and Steeda rear end bushings while waiting. Ps... it’s on jackstands not a lift ;-)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently taking my manifolds off as well. Took me about 2.5hrs n had DS off and all nuts off pass side. Just have to pull pass side studs now I guess. My stainless power headers won’t be here till tomorrow but wanted to get a jump on it. Hope to not have to pull all studs... but once the manifold is off I’m gonna throw in the qa1 carbon DS and Steeda rear end bushings while waiting. Ps... it’s on jackstands not a lift ;-)
I had to pull every stud to get the stock header out on passenger side. Tedious bullshit but all worth it in the end!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Man, nice job. Back in college I had 4 sets of exhaust headers on my Trans Am (including the stock manifolds). Did all the labor myself. I got pretty good at it after the 1st change out. I went from stock manifolds to small dia. shorty headers, to long tubes, to large dia. shorty headers. I also did similar work on my buddy's Camaro SS. Although on his we only went from stock to LTs. I have no desire anymore to do that work or have a car that loud anymore, so I'll probably never have LTs on my Mustang. I'm OK with that. I may, however, go with shorty headers (if available), w/ hi-flow cats, resonators and a touring style catback exhaust. My plan would to only do that work if/when I put on ported/polish heads and change the cams. I'm not a fan of small incremental improvements. If I am going to modify, I want it all at once so that the difference is night and day. That's just me, though. Anyway, congrats on the LTs, looks great!

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just used the included connector pipes which neck down from 3" to 2.25". This allowed direct connection to my existing FP by Borla Extreme catback. Unless you are heavily boosted, there is no noticeable restriction there. SEND IT!!!
Copy that! :) I'll let ya know when its done

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just got all the studs out n pass side manifold out. That was fun. Not. Can’t start install yet since they don’t arrive till tomorrow

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Lil progress pic. Just threw her the shaft....
C49F472A-4EE5-400B-905C-BCED6A68E338.jpeg

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir. Bought from another forum member brand new.
Sponsored