FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky I have that same IC, had to take it all off because I have the AGS, why didn't yours have them?
would you recommend the CPE IC to OP? I thoroughly felt it was worth it. sturdy, solid, felt like a quality product. fit perfectly in my cavity that oem used.
Sponsored

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I've been bouncing back and forth for a few days with all the options. Pretty sure the CPE is out of stock everywhere I looked though, and the CVFAB looks like it requires charge pipes for fit. Need to keep researching....
I'm with CVF. For the Race intercooler you don't need to upgrade the piping, but it is recommended in order to make the installation easier. The intercooler has an inlet/outlet that is .5" larger than OEM, so it's a tight fit (but doable).

The Street intercooler does not require any piping upgrade either - it slips right on without issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help.

Race

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...e-intercooler-for-14-18-ford-mustang-ecoboost

Street

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...street-intercooler-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had Cvfab downpipe, it was real nice quality.

CPE is 377 , Cvfab is 339 but it comes in both black and silver.
I'm with CVF. For the Race intercooler you don't need to upgrade the piping, but it is recommended in order to make the installation easier. The intercooler has an inlet/outlet that is .5" larger than OEM, so it's a tight fit (but doable).

The Street intercooler does not require any piping upgrade either - it slips right on without issue.

Race

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...e-intercooler-for-14-18-ford-mustang-ecoboost

Street

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/t...street-intercooler-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost
Curiosity, is there a heat soaking difference between silver or black? I figure black would be hotter.
(my logic is black cars are hotter than silver) in the sun.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I had Cvfab downpipe, it was real nice quality.

CPE is 377 , Cvfab is 339 but it comes in both black and silver.

Curiosity, is there a heat soaking difference between silver or black? I figure black would be hotter.
(my logic is black cars are hotter than silver) in the sun.
We actually received the question when we first released and tested against it - saw no difference. It's heat dispersant paint.

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP

Race

Street

Awesome....thanks man 😎

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
would you recommend the CPE IC to OP? I thoroughly felt it was worth it. sturdy, solid, felt like a quality product. fit perfectly in my cavity that oem used.
Well I haven't tried any others but the piece did seem very sturdy and well put together, at a discount price you can't go wrong, very low key direct fit with good results. You didn't answer about why you didn't have AGS🙂, I thought they all had them.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Well I haven't tried any others but the piece did seem very sturdy and well put together, at a discount price you can't go wrong, very low key direct fit with good results. You didn't answer about why you didn't have AGS🙂, I thought they all had them.
I did answer.

post #30

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)

Race

Street

PM sent :)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a photo but I like seeing my silver intercooler under my car when im further away. looks neat. black is stealthy it would blend in.

OP
OP
shinoda

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a photo but I like seeing my silver intercooler under my car when im further away. looks neat. black is stealthy it would blend in.
Definitely want to see it 😀

Sponsored

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I just put my stock intercooler back in (selling the car). I will say, I can definitely tell a difference between the stock and Mishi intercooler. You can tell the car was pulling power.

Oh, my Mishi intercooler with generic charge pipes will be for sale soon.... Got an FRPP intake with that as well (need a new filter, old filter has 25k miles on it).

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
only thing I can figure is, because other pony packs have them and mine didn't.

my car had a "block heater" which is a plug that sat on the bottom of my grille, it would interfere with the AGS function, so that feature must nullify the AGS all together, no codes, no nothing. no motor, no anything residual.

zoom in bottom of pic. you'll see the little plug in, you plug it in for winter.
IMG_0213.JPG
My 2018 with the Performance Pack does not have the AGS.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 with the Performance Pack does not have the AGS.
mine isn't a PP though. thats why it was weird. just a standard premium ecoboost- no identifying features. except block heater lol.

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I was thinking about getting an intercooler from CVF, I just don't know which one to get (street/race). I heard that bigger intercoolers like *race* can cause boost to drop. Has anyone heard or had any experience with this? My car is mostly going to be spirited mountain driving and maybe a some autocross. Is a race overkill for these activities?
Sponsored