Sponsored

Intercooler question

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have been looking into intercooler options and was wondering if anyone used a non ecoboost specific intercooler like cx racing or treadstone or anything like that?
Sponsored

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Yup, sure did...

Also search for " brave enough to try eBay inter cooler" good install info.
1463524920.image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Cmoney Boostang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thats great info. The funny thing is that's one of the 3 intercoolers I narrowed it down to treadstone and cx racing has very good options to for under $200. Only question I have is where did you mount the MAP sensor and pics and did you upgrade ur charge pipes or did you use stock?...I priced everything to come out to about $400 max with intercooler,charge pipes and bov.

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
Sorry no pics of the MAP, I welded in a bung on the drive side coupling. I used stock pipes as well. Submitted logs and everything looks good.

ihateimacs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 68 mustang, Turbo 95 mustang, Turbo Santa Fe
I paid $135 for this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/381113320892 I used two 45* silicone couplers and two shorter straight hard connector pipes. On one of the short connector pipes I welded a flange for the map sensor that was on the factory intercooler. I also had brackets welded on this intercooler to mount it. I did end up saving some money but did spend quite a few hours fabbing stuff up to make it work. If i could do it again I would probably just wait for a nice used unit to pop up for sale and just go that route.

Sponsored

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I find it interesting that the auction for that unit lists pressure drop as a function of boost pressure, not mentioning flow at all. Complete fabrication, it's totally unrelated to boost pressure. It still looks pretty damn nice for that price though.

OP
OP
Cmoney Boostang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
BIG difference...yes it does take alittle for to make a universal intercooler work. So you have to decide to pay $500+ for a direct fit or do a little work (which comes with moddin any car) and use the money somewhere else.
Sponsored