Purchase dilemma

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
How, easy the o/p didn't list it as a model on his list.
Comparing a unit the buyer isn't interested is worthless. plus if a M1 is 85k taxes all in, where he is at. a 500 would be 130+ with the ATM's and such.
I’m comparing Mach 1 vs GT with magnaride. There is not enough difference to charge the extra price tag of a M1. If a Mach 1 is dream car go with it bc he will regret not but if just having a nice mustang then go with GT.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m comparing Mach 1 vs GT with magnaride. There is not enough difference to charge the extra price tag of a M1. If a Mach 1 is dream car go with it bc he will regret not but if just having a nice mustang then go with GT.
Can you price out Oil Cooler, Active Trans cooler and Active Diff Cooler separately for a GT you will figure out that this alone is a lot of coins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK so since this isn't a PP2 or a Mach 1 thread I'll stick to the question OP actually asked. The RR 2020 for $50K looks like a reasonable deal. If you really, really like the car then you should give it serious consideration. As already mentioned MagneRide is certainly noticeable and nice to have but, at least for me, it wasn't do or die. Changing the interior color is an easy and affordable upgrade. But, again this is just me, the active exhaust was a must. Now you can go aftermarket but having a factory system that sounds this good is worth every penny.

So now as far as ordering a new car. It will be 2 years newer, and be built exactly the way you want it. If you have the $$, and the time I would strongly consider this route. If you consider this a long time purchase as opposed to a 2/3 year toy this would certainly be the way to go. Good luck in whatever decision you make. :like:

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
In my opinion (from personal experience), MagneRide is worth the extra money. I've owned two S550s, one with MR and one without. I'll take MagneRide every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the adaptibility, improved handling, the options for the damper modes that make it worth while.

Not saying a Mustang without MR is any less of a Mustang, but if you're already forking out $50k+, what's an extra $1600 for MR? I believe that it's worthwhile, and you can't add it later.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion (from personal experience), MagneRide is worth the extra money. I've owned two S550s, one with MR and one without. I'll take MagneRide every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the adaptibility, improved handling, the options for the damper modes that make it worth while.

Not saying a Mustang without MR is any less of a Mustang, but if you're already forking out $50k+, what's an extra $1600 for MR? I believe that it's worthwhile, and you can't add it later.

penny wise pound foolish ............... applies LMAO

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The car you describe is excellent except for magneride which is very good. But, is if worth 17K, no.

Buy the car you are looking at and if you really need magneride, then pay for the aftermarket version. I have had Magneride on 2 mustangs and one without. It is nice, but so is a gt40. Realistically, the car you are looking at for that price in CD is a deal. Go for it.

BTW, PP2 cars only come with a stick. The 10 speed for me now is a deal breaker. Much, much faster than the stick. And, fun to drive with the paddles.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I have owned both. Huge difference. There are many, many differences other than the Tremec.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Spend the extra now and get the MR and active exhaust, whether it’s a PP1 or a PP2. I spent 3 years modding the suspension and exhaust in my 2018 GT PP1 without MR, and after test driving a Mach 1 it was a no brainer to trade in the GT. Huge difference. I have no desire to really do any serious mods to the Mach.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hi all, wow so many responses. So I am reading and thinking about all that has been said so far. Thanks for the input. I'll have more thoughts on this later.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Debatable 🤣
Yes! in a perfect world we would own both as I did several times. Can't beat the Tremec for going through the gears, but 1/4 there absolutely no comparison. The 10 speed will, and does waste the stick. At the same time jambing the gears manually is exhilarating. But, put those car together and nail it, the 10 speed will leave it in the dust. Plus downshifting the 10 speed in sport and nailing it is something. Both good.
But, the OP was looking at an auto and I agree with that decision.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Spend the extra now and get the MR and active exhaust, whether it’s a PP1 or a PP2. I spent 3 years modding the suspension and exhaust in my 2018 GT PP1 without MR, and after test driving a Mach 1 it was a no brainer to trade in the GT. Huge difference. I have no desire to really do any serious mods to the Mach.
Congrats Mike, Glad you opted for new.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
the 10 speed will leave it in the dust
Not denying this at all...

just saying paddles aren't as fun as the manual in my opinion. I had a 10R80 in my '19 (street-driven only), and I found it to be about as thrilling as a bowl of oatmeal 🤣

maybe it's better on the track.

But I'm also comparing it to a Tremec attached to a Voodoo, which is maybe not a fair comparison.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Not going to do this in every thread. GT350 is not mentioned in the post nor it’s available to buy unless used. That said M1 is better on the the street every single day compared to GT350 or any Ford Mustang in the last few years.
FWIW, I am dailying the BMR handling springs which are stiffer than GT350 springs, with a good damper its actually a very nice ride on the street. I would avoid the base GT suspension (non-pp non-magna) if sporty handling is at all a factor.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I am old. Not managed to catch up to many dreams. The very few i managed left me jaded a bit. Ther is a difference between pursuit of a dream and actually catching that which you chase. If my X-wives are counted in, then some dreams go sour.
I have been shopping for a Mustang for a while myself. My old school ways keep me from just plunking down whatever amount is being asked. I understand the big thrill of having a nice Mustang will last a few weeks and then I will be bothered if I feel I overpaid for a long time. Been there and done that before.
After that first thrill wanes there will be drives of real enjoyment in the following years to be sure. A really nice car does that for me from time to time. If I can also feel I got a decent deal and did not overpay, then the in between low times are more tolerable. I keep trying to talk myself into being Ok with overpaying. The I am old and can't take it with me sort of notion. Just not been able to do that yet. To the OP, if you are not prone to such restrictions you are ahead of me. Right now good deals are hard to find.
I do not have much to say about the particular features discussed so far. If I wanted to have a fast-track car such would make a difference. I want a Mustang to drive on the street. Will not go to a track and will not be drag racing. I do especially like a car to handle well on the open road. I am blessed to live in an area with rural highways which twist thru the low mountains of Tn , Ky and VA. I value handling over HP and feel a base GT has enough HP. So, my wish list will be based on my intended use. The Magnaride seems more important that extra HP for my use.

Any way best wishes to the OP, and I hope whatever car is purchased is truly a dream.
Sponsored