The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hello everyone!

Finally got around to registering. I'm in the market for a Mustang. Long story short I owned a candy Apple Red 67 Mustang Coupe with a nice little 289 auto set up when I was young...er and am now in full blown mid life crisis purchasing mode. I'm advised that it's cheaper than a girlfriend.šŸ˜
So the issue is when a good deal appears but it's short of a few wanted options what do you do? It's a 2020 S550 Rapid Red PP1 auto with 401a black interior and 2000km. Yup thats right less than 2000 miles on it. It's $50k plus provincial sales tax so $56k So the car I spec'd new is close, my spec added the red seats, active exhaust and of course Magneride. But it comes to $73k. This is mainly a summer toy and probably won't be tracked more than once a year.
What would you do? Save the $17k or go for the dream machine?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

(I was looking at a Mach 1 and man it's a stretch at $85k taxes in. )

Oh and as more info may help I plan on modding it to have a more classic Vibe with the 50th anniversary rims and replacing the grill with the horse and corral from the Pony package. ( I know, old people and their crazy ideas) it'll be the bomb!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
As a summer toy you won't miss any options. Leather quality is poor. Can get red seats any time. Magneride is poor VS GM and others.
Hi Hanavarian. Thanks for the feedback. So, go for the deal. I do plan a cross country road trip with it. Kids live in both directions east and west from me. Thought the Magneride would come in handy over tough Canadian roads. Because I haven't owned an S550 im hoping folks with and without Magneride can sound off. I am fond of savings the cash!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Want a fun Mustang to drive, you just describe the PP2.

Everything you seek is stock for the car. Red seats would require a new order, all else is on the PP2

It is a very nice HotRod, loaded with all the good Ford stuff.

"Magneride is poor VS GM and others." totally laughable, from a guy that drives a Basic GT. Would not know Magneride if it hit em in the face.

My suggestion look for the PP2

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I went through the same thing. Decided time wasn't a big factor and I really wanted New so ordered what I wanted. Good thing time was not an issue because it took 6mos. for delivery.
I have driven with the Magnaride and IMO it wasn't that great of an improvement as it relates to a smooth softer ride. For the money the Michelin Pilot Sport S was a nice improvement in ride over the stock tires. Having something other than the black seats was of interest to me as well.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Magneride main feature is not a smooth ride. But a positive, performance, glued to the road, corners like riding a rail ride, kind of feel.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Dream Car implies one that you have always wanted and for all intentions, would also never part withā€¦. So if itā€™s your dream car, then money is no object. If youā€™re going to buy a car and then sell within 3-5 years because something new comes along, then youā€™ve plunked down that extra $17k forā€¦.. ??

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
That's $85K CAD right?

Here is something to consider:

1. Mach 1 has no rapid red. So if that's the color you want, get that.
2. M1 is absolutely the best street/track combination of Mustang you can buy IMO. So even if you don't track it, this has everything you need.
3. M1 barely needs any after purchase mods compared to the GT.
4. M1 does not have a lot of interior customizations. You got to get the red externally...
5. M1 or any new car will have a long wait. Expect 6 months or so. Good luck.
6. You are going to spend more gas and insurance in Canada. Why not do it on a more capable car?
7. Life is too short. If your dream car is a M1 in the available configurations by Ford, just do it as long as you can add 17-20K to your loan...

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
my spec added the red seats, active exhaust and of course Magneride.
Buy the like new one vs waiting months, maybe longer...................

You can purchase seat cover any color, material, style, etc you'd like for less then $2K CAD I'd think. I spent less then $800 USD for the one's in my avater!! Self installed. The red is suede too!! Katzkin is one option. (Mine are Katzkin)

Look in classified here, CL, facebook MP etc, you may find an AE takeoff.

Many after market shock/strut/spring options vs magneride.

Do these as money/time permits.

My $.02.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
That's $85K CAD right?

Here is something to consider:

1. Mach 1 has no rapid red. So if that's the color you want, get that.
2. M1 is absolutely the best street/track combination of Mustang you can buy IMO. So even if you don't track it, this has everything you need.
3. M1 barely needs any after purchase mods compared to the GT.
The gt350 is way more track capable. The Mach 1 is essentially a Badged magnaride vehicle with gt350 intake and donā€™t think those add-ons equate to the huge price difference.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
look at the cost for used vs new also when comparing loans. You often get much lower rates on new cars so 10k difference is only couple bucks/month difference in loan. IMO get what you want so you donā€™t look back and regret your purchase.

Also, magnaride is an awesome technology in equipped cars but 90% of owners donā€™t even fully push the stock (non-mangaride) to its limits. You have to know what your are doing around a track for it to make a difference and this means a lot of seat time making turns at track

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
The gt350 is way more track capable. The Mach 1 is essentially a Badged magnaride vehicle with gt350 intake and donā€™t think those add-ons equate to the huge price difference.
Not going to do this in every thread. GT350 is not mentioned in the post nor itā€™s available to buy unless used. That said M1 is better on the the street every single day compared to GT350 or any Ford Mustang in the last few years.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Not going to do this in every thread. GT350 is not mentioned in the post nor itā€™s available to buy unless used. That said M1 is better on the the street every single day compared to GT350 or any Ford Mustang in the last few years.
How?! Performance is comparable to PP2 car at much higher cost with trans that is less reliable

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
How?! Performance is comparable to PP2 car at much higher cost with trans that is less reliable
How, easy the o/p didn't list it as a model on his list.
Comparing a unit the buyer isn't interested is worthless. plus if a M1 is 85k taxes all in, where he is at. a 500 would be 130+ with the ATM's and such.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

Finally got around to registering. I'm in the market for a Mustang. Long story short I owned a candy Apple Red 67 Mustang Coupe with a nice little 289 auto set up when I was young...er and am now in full blown mid life crisis purchasing mode. I'm advised that it's cheaper than a girlfriend.šŸ˜
So the issue is when a good deal appears but it's short of a few wanted options what do you do? It's a 2020 S550 Rapid Red PP1 auto with 401a black interior and 2000km. Yup thats right less than 2000 miles on it. It's $50k plus provincial sales tax so $56k So the car I spec'd new is close, my spec added the red seats, active exhaust and of course Magneride. But it comes to $73k. This is mainly a summer toy and probably won't be tracked more than once a year.
What would you do? Save the $17k or go for the dream machine?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

(I was looking at a Mach 1 and man it's a stretch at $85k taxes in. )

Oh and as more info may help I plan on modding it to have a more classic Vibe with the 50th anniversary rims and replacing the grill with the horse and corral from the Pony package. ( I know, old people and their crazy ideas) it'll be the bomb!!
From the options you want the only valuable one is the active exhaust. Magneride is great but stock PP1 cars are not that harsh on the road in fact they are really soft. So with that in mind no need for Magneride. Also 17 000$ is a big difference and you can add aftermarket suspension and red seats for a lot less than that. I say go get the car cheap and enjoy.