Project6gr = no integrity

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt; 1965 mustang fastback
So I ordered a set of 20 inch wheels nearly 9 weeks ago. I was initially told by “Ozzy” it would take 2 weeks for shipment. After 5 weeks, I reached out and was told another 4 weeks by “Ozzy” again. A couple of days ago, I sent an email to Eric and have not gotten any word back. Now, I really like these wheels but what I value above all else, as a business man myself, is integrity. From my experience, this company is lacking in integrity and is putting forth profit margins over their customers. The empty promises and lack of communication speaks volumes about their lack of leadership in management. Sorry about the rant, but it just irks me to my core when a business cannot be honest and upfront with its customer. From what I’ve read, everybody who has gotten wheels from them loves the way they look and the figment. Now I ask, for those who have purchased wheels from them, is this treatment common or am I the rarity in said situation? I honestly want these wheels and would have still purchased them if they were upfront and said it would take x amount of time, but when your stringing me along and making false promises, that is where we have an issue.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So I ordered a set of 20 inch wheels nearly 9 weeks ago. I was initially told by “Ozzy” it would take 2 weeks for shipment. After 5 weeks, I reached out and was told another 4 weeks by “Ozzy” again. A couple of days ago, I sent an email to Eric and have not gotten any word back. Now, I really like these wheels but what I value above all else, as a business man myself, is integrity. From my experience, this company is lacking in integrity and is putting forth profit margins over their customers. The empty promises and lack of communication speaks volumes about their lack of leadership in management. Sorry about the rant, but it just irks me to my core when a business cannot be honest and upfront with its customer. From what I’ve read, everybody who has gotten wheels from them loves the way they look and the figment. Now I ask, for those who have purchased wheels from them, is this treatment common or am I the rarity in said situation? I honestly want these wheels and would have still purchased them if they were upfront and said it would take x amount of time, but when your stringing me along and making false promises, that is where we have an issue.
I talked to them a few times as I was trying to decide what wheels to get. I really like the way their wheels look but I’ve also heard their service is spotty. Ultimately decided to go with SVE (and saved some $$). Shipping is free from LMR and they got here quite fast (3 days via FedEx).

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Yea they can be a little "iffy" when it comes to honesty and transparency regarding when they ship; I waited it out and I dont regret the end product.

I ordered my wheels, with custom center caps, in Mid September 2021.

At the time, they were pretty clear that they were on backorder and it would take a few months.

Ended up getting the wheels in early February this year, but the center caps somehow weren't done.

It took them until mid May to get my center caps to me; I feel like they didn't start work on the caps until after they shipped the wheels.

I felt like Ozzy kept giving me the run around when I would have rather he just be flat out honest even if it's not what I wanted to hear...

In the end I'm really happy with the wheels and caps, and they went out of their way to get me tires that I wanted that weren't on the website... so I'm a satisfied customer; but I would recommend patience to anyone ordering from them... Just hit em with the occasional email and ask for an update.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the parts are good but reports are communication sucks. The wheels are made overseas like most so they’re also at the mercy of factors out of their control as far as getting them and shipping them to us. I’ve had a set since like 2016 or something and still think they look awesome (better than the SVEs seven spokes) but IDK if its worth the wait and annoyance for you personally.

I currently own Project6gr sevens, SVE SP2s, Apex SM10s and now Apex Forged VS-5RS and the Apex are the highest quality, followed by the P6GRs with the SVEs last. Nothing at all wrong with the SVEs (except some paint on the lug cone seating surfaces), and for the price the SVEs are a steal. For daily driving the P6Grs are always on the car and look fantastic.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Damn this sucks. For how much they cost you really should get more info. +1 for the SVE wheels if you like one of their styles. Got to me very fast, and great condition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the parts are good but reports are communication sucks. The wheels are made overseas like most so they’re also at the mercy of factors out of their control as far as getting them and shipping them to us. I’ve had a set since like 2016 or something and still think they look awesome (better than the SVEs seven spokes) but IDK if its worth the wait and annoyance for you personally.

I currently own Project6gr sevens, SVE SP2s, Apex SM10s and now Apex Forged VS-5RS and the Apex are the highest quality, followed by the P6GRs with the SVEs last. Nothing at all wrong with the SVEs (except some paint on the lug cone seating surfaces), and for the price the SVEs are a steal. For daily driving the P6Grs are always on the car and look fantastic.
The wait would not have bothered me at all if they were upfront about how long it would take. Honesty goes a long way. But then again, they are clearly treating their customers like this because the demand is there, regardless of the supply. It’s not until the customer “bands together” and stops purchasing their wheels that service will be questioned/improved.
Anyway, Im seriously contemplating canceling the order and getting a forged American made wheel, Even if I have to wait another 4 months. I AM that guy that will take a stand just to prove a point.

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
*Update*

On August 31st I got in contact with “ Ozzy” at project6. I inquired about the wheels I preordered and asked for an honest response on the eta. He said it would be 4-6 weeks (same answer I’ve been getting since day 1). I requested a refund and was told it would happen either that day or the following day. Did I get my refund? Nope. Seeing as today is Labor Day, I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if they will keep their word. If not, I’m going to contact my bank.

Take caution boys, the company are crooks.

C0F43BCC-D433-4A84-ABF5-AD83FA23FE0B.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
*Update*

On August 31st I got in contact with “ Ozzy” at project6. I inquired about the wheels I preordered and asked for an honest response on the eta. He said it would be 4-6 weeks (same answer I’ve been getting since day 1). I requested a refund and was told it would happen either that day or the following day. Did I get my refund? Nope. Seeing as today is Labor Day, I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if they will keep their word. If not, I’m going to contact my bank.

Take caution boys, the company are crooks.

C0F43BCC-D433-4A84-ABF5-AD83FA23FE0B.png
Ugh that sucks. Hopefully just a delay with the holiday weekend and you get your refund soon. Sucks that they can’t just be honest and say they don’t know when your wheels will be available instead of just throwing random time frames out there. Good luck!

SirJames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2020 Mustang GT Premium / 2021 Macan
Vehicle Showcase
Mad I found all these threads after placing my order. They promised me 4-48 hour processing a week ago. Every time I contact them its been they will go out in a couple days. Which normally I wouldnt trip over but this thread makes me think I’ll be waiting for months on “in stock” wheels. I dont even know of any wheels this light for the money at black friday pricing

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
I was about to pull the trigger but now I am a bit hesitant. Let me know if you have any update on yours ^

Sponsored
OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
*Just as an update*
I ended up having to contact my bank to get my money back due to constant lies about them issuing a refund the next day or the following day. After 2 weeks of this, I contacted my bank. I have the screenshots of the texts between “ozzy” (I think that was his name)if anyone doubts or needs proof of this shady company and it’s employees.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why do people keep buying this brand when you get the same wheel from LMR, MRR, VMR and others?

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
I had exact same issue with 6gr strung me along for months, wheels are sitting on boat in container , then when finally came they claimed was only the front wheels and rears would be another couple months. I asked for refund and was told same thing i would be refunded waited about a week nothing, opened a dispute with paypal to have to get my money back. Since then have gotten wheels from sve, titan7 and apex all which have been great wheels. I know more than a handful of people personally that have had same issues with 6gr.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
LMR is the only brand worth buying. They are both the same exact quality. The only difference is when you want the 20in wheel option. SVE doesnt make that.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Funny because at one point I considered them, but I got different responses on wheel weights, and nothing about them seemed straight forward.

Went with Apex VS-5RS's instead.
Sponsored