Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 issue......found..maybe

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I know you're chasing some sort of issue, but the proflow is not the problem. Wasted $$$ and headache imo.
First off I want to thank Jay-rod427 for pushing me to dig further. In my original post https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104585
I was having some issues toward the top of the rpm range and boost jumping all over the place. Thought it was a belt (which it still may be) or BOV issue.
Tonight was the first chance I have had to work on the car. Been driving it some, driving hard a little.
I took the original belt I had installed off. As I was taking it off the crank pulley I heard a clank noise. I reached down and grabbed the crank pulley and there was at least a half inch of movement left to right (circular motion). Not sure if something came loose or it wasn't installed correctly.... I had it installed elsewhere. Hopefully nothing got damaged. Not sure if this would cause the symptom I was noticing either.?.
I will be removing , inspecting and re-installing myself this time. Question on the crank pulley. Is the harmonic balancer removed or just the bolt removed?
Sponsored

rts9364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Just held on by the center bolt, and the cam locks side to side. The Procharger instructions provide a detailed sequence on locking everything down. Also, use blue Loctite!

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Is the crank bolt loose or stripped? I would be wondering what the timing sprocket went through if the balancer wasn't holding it snug.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Is the crank bolt loose or stripped? I would be wondering what the timing sprocket went through if the balancer wasn't holding it snug.
Unknown at the moment..removing it later tonight. There is no front to back movement just circular movement. but understand if crank bolt is tight that shouldn't happen.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Good Thing you caught that when you did, any longer and who knows the whole pulley could have come up.

I would think the inconsistent boost would be from the fluctuating blower speeds since the pulley was all over the place causing belt slip or something similar

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I dont think it was the crank bolt,more then the cam locks were set right or tightened right.The cam locks bolts are what keeps the procharger crank pulley from spinning on the crank pulley,the stock crank bolt just holds the stock.balancer on and also holds both pulleys together.If it was rockin side to.side i would be cam loc bolts.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
When my system came off to get my motor built the crank pulley bolt was stretched.

Sponsored