Sponsored

Procharger Intake Manifold Shootout!!

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Thanks for all of this info Matt! An intake manifold is next on my wishlist after doing OPG's to compliment my Procharger, but I wasn't positive on which one to go with. For the ease of install, this has me leaning towards the GT350 and calling it a day. Would still love to see the Boss/CJ numbers if you ever get the time! Thanks again.
Know it cost some $$ but I love this with my PC
Victor.jpg
Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Didn't jpc racing 7 sec car use the stock manifold? I could swear I saw pictures of it with the stock manifold.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Also, Matt.. thanks for doing this test. We've been wanting to try different manifolds on a turbo car. We just never have time to do it. Looks like the GT350 manifold hangs in there with the Holley. It'll be interesting to see these all at higher power levels.

not a problem. like i said being out of blower isnt helping as the power should continue to climb. had i redone this rest with a D1X i think the gains would have been even higher. but it still shows how it shifts the power graph.

Thanks for all of this info Matt! An intake manifold is next on my wishlist after doing OPG's to compliment my Procharger, but I wasn't positive on which one to go with. For the ease of install, this has me leaning towards the GT350 and calling it a day. Would still love to see the Boss/CJ numbers if you ever get the time! Thanks again.
i would guess the boss intake to be a lot like the regular holley. i had a boss on my 2012 and it pulled to 7400 which was nice. i'm willing to bet the CJ would make similar power to the race holley or possibly more with the larger TB opening but that is for another day

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Any thoughts on whether going with the GT350 TB along with the GT350 manifold swap would be beneficial?
i highly doubt it. most of what i have seen in the past is on blow through setups, it doesnt really care what size the TB is cause your forcing air through it.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
i highly doubt it. most of what i have seen in the past is on blow through setups, it doesnt really care what size the TB is cause your forcing air through it.
Then wouldn't that be true of the intake? I would guess that the change in size of the throttle body doesn't make enough difference, as compared to the change in the intake runner design shape, harmonics, etc?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Then wouldn't that be true of the intake? I would guess that the change in size of the throttle body doesn't make enough difference, as compared to the change in the intake runner design shape, harmonics, etc?
Probably won't help much, won't hurt either. But I figure it might be a higher restriction as I continue to mod so I will get one if I find a cheap one.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
People have been 7s on the s197s yotes smaller TB. S550 yotes tb is a bit bigger iirc. Probably isn't worth the hassle

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I have a boss 302 Mani recently installed on my car with exact setup . Procharger stage 2 etc. At 12psi with stock Mani car originally on octanium made 678/552. with the boss mani and octanium numbers were 718/546 ill try and find sheet to post up but boss has been a much better intake boosted wise for me

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub

Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I have a boss 302 Mani recently installed on my car with exact setup . Procharger stage 2 etc. At 12psi with stock Mani car originally on octanium made 678/552. with the boss mani and octanium numbers were 718/546 ill try and find sheet to post up but boss has been a much better intake boosted wise for me
I would like to see how the power looks under curve if you find the sheet & have time to post it. Would be much appreciated!

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Lund wouldn't tune my Procharger with the GT350 Throttle body and mani. Had to use the stock TB with adapter and the 350 mani.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Lund wouldn't tune my Procharger with the GT350 Throttle body and mani. Had to use the stock TB with adapter and the 350 mani.
When did this happen?
Sponsored