Sponsored

Procharged 5.0 Milky Coolant

Roushblown5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 gt
Hey guys,

Just parked my car and noticed some milky coolant drops on the ground.
Opened the hood and saw the coolant tank overflowed and obviously shows oil in coolant.

Car is stock 2020 A10/PP car other than a D1X Procharger on a 4.5" pulley running on E85.

Any thoughts on what it could be? Checked the oil fill cap and there is a dried up crusty yellow substance but its barley there.
Car didn't overheat. Assuming blown head gasket or cracked cylinder?

Thank you.

Engine 2.jpg

Engine1.jpg
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah, she blown alright.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
With that amount of mixing I'd guess a cracked block.
I found your statement about being stock "other than" humorous. Supercharger, pully and e85 is kinda the exact opposite of stock...

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
With that amount of mixing I'd guess a cracked block.
I found your statement about being stock "other than" humorous. Supercharger, pully and e85 is kinda the exact opposite of stock...
I laughed a bit at that too :) Sorry OP for your problems.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
4.5” pulley on E85. That’s super safe usually. (Under 850whp normally). Wonder what the logs would show.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Hopefully it is just a headgasket but like others have mentioned it is probably worse as I would expect the headgasket to start showing slow issues and minor signs, not a bunch of oil and coolant mixture all at once (all though I could be wrong).

Just finished pulling and tearing down my engine in my garage. Let me know if you want any advice on the next steps to take.

If I were you I would check if there are any codes and start deciding on the path for a new motor. Great time to get a built bottom end haha. In reality you only need a new shortblock (5k ish). Ford dealership will probably only sell you a new long block (10k). Don't know how expensive labor will be but to install new engine / shortblock and pull old one I would guess around 5k.

Have a mechanic look at it, or see if there is any other tests you should do / possibilities this could be. But as it looks, best case a really bad blown headgasket and possibly damage to head/block mating surfaces, and worse case cracked block.

9psi seems reasonably safe especially with e85. Big rip. Let us know what happens and see if anyone can figure out why your engine failed. Best of luck

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Who is the tuner?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
If it were just coolant in the oil, as in the underside of the oil fill cap looked like it had mayonnaise on it, I'd say head gasket. Oil in the coolant usually means crack or hole in the block. Sorry to hear about that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roushblown5.0

Roushblown5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 gt
4.5” pulley on E85. That’s super safe usually. (Under 850whp normally). Wonder what the logs would show.
This is what is boggling my head too...its on a "safe" power level as in nothing crazy.

Hopefully it is just a headgasket but like others have mentioned it is probably worse as I would expect the headgasket to start showing slow issues and minor signs, not a bunch of oil and coolant mixture all at once (all though I could be wrong).

Just finished pulling and tearing down my engine in my garage. Let me know if you want any advice on the next steps to take.

If I were you I would check if there are any codes and start deciding on the path for a new motor. Great time to get a built bottom end haha. In reality you only need a new shortblock (5k ish). Ford dealership will probably only sell you a new long block (10k). Don't know how expensive labor will be but to install new engine / shortblock and pull old one I would guess around 5k.

Have a mechanic look at it, or see if there is any other tests you should do / possibilities this could be. But as it looks, best case a really bad blown headgasket and possibly damage to head/block mating surfaces, and worse case cracked block.

9psi seems reasonably safe especially with e85. Big rip. Let us know what happens and see if anyone can figure out why your engine failed. Best of luck
Appreciate the help here. I am having it towed to a shop to have them diagnose it. Will keep you posted.

could be a bad oil cooler
Is there a easy way to tell if this is the issue? I googled it and only saw this being an issue on RHD cars shipped to the UK/Australia.

Thanks.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
could be a bad oil cooler
Not really sure that would really matter in the long run. Really should tear the engine down and replace all the bearings as antifreeze is not known for being kind to them.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
So nearly doubling the horsepower of a stock engine is considered a "mild" modification?

LOL.
Sponsored